Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

According to Chris Mortenson on ESPN, Carson's apparently prepared to threaten to retire if he isn't traded.

That'll throw another monkey wrench into the offseason. Wonderful.

I've been wanting his replacement, yes. But my concern is that we'd reach for someone like Blaine Gabbert (ugh) when better talents like A.J. Green, Patrick Peterson and Daquan Bowers could be available.

I saw that too. I think Seattle (Pete Carroll), San Fran and Arizona could be the possible destinations.

The opening had to do with the imminent birth of their third child. And I think we've all heard about his new house in the San Diego area.

Basically, he is going to ask to be traded to a west coast team and has enough money that he says he would retire if he wishes aren't met.

What a shame. The team game him a boatload of money. I am a fan of Carson's but I say call his bluff. If they wouldn't trade Chad two or three years ago, why would they trade Carson. He still has 4 years as a Bengal? One good thing is this it might be something that finally gets Mike Brown's attention. That changes are needed and something has to be done. I hope he might be bluffing on this one himself.

As much i dont see Carson as an elite QB, is there one in the draft that can take this team somewhere in the future???? Just when we thought maybe Carson, Simspon, Caldwell would all be on the same page, Carson pulls this out. Well i guess its time to prepare to be a 4 win team for the next couple of years.

Way to go MB, you dont make changes you lose your players, and it looks like the players are wanting to leave! This team is such a joke, losing is the only thing we know!!! :angry:

This just opens the door for Cam Newton.

I know that's not a popular choice with many here, but I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

I'd prefer Newton to Gabbert (or Mallet, for that matter).

Yep season tickets holders are giving them up so fast, and now CP might not be there, there will be no fans in the stands this year!!!! Good bye to any hope

Dosnt matter what QB ends up here, with this coaching staff that QB will suck also. We are doomed for years to come

I know that's not a popular choice with many here, but I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Oh no I agree with you Billy. Newton is a good QB. He can throw the ball with the accuracy and strength of Big Ben and run like Tebow. Like Mayock said, he is much farther along than Tebow or VY were when they came out.

My Problem is that I think he will fail here. The OL sucks and with Brat calling plays it is just a recipe for disaster.

Heres to the next 20 years folks

Wow. So here's an interesting question - who's the last Bengal of at least moderate star quality whose relationship with the team ended well? Ocho's imploding. Carson's willing to quit football to get out (sort of the equivalent of your wife turning gay rather than staying with you). Corey Dillon wanted out as fast as he could. Pickens, Alfred Williams...quite a list.

Let's face it, this team is a trainwreck and it will be as long as Team Nepotism is still in charge.

I wonder what the final straw was. Could it have been when absolutely no substantive change of any kind was made after last year? I mean, I can't blame him. I think he still has talent, and with a team that's not completely incompetent, I could see him back in the Pro Bowl.

And just how much would that say about this team, and it's leadership - top to bottom?

I don't see MB trading him. He is the cornerstone QB he has coveted since Boomer Esiason left. Again, the didn't trade Chad so I would be surprised if they traded him unless they were absolutely certain that he would retire.

They may have to go get Newton, and now the Palmer might be out, maybe its for the best!

Well on the bright side if he goes, and we get another high draft pick, and get rid of his salary there would be money for JJOE, Benson (if he wants to come back) free agents, maybe beef up that o-line.