Some "changes"?

HoosierCat

From Lance's blog:

Mike Brown responds

I got this email today from a disgruntled season ticket holder. Last week he wrote a letter to Mike Brown.

Today he got a response from Brown.

"Did not get a letter back....I got a phone call. Talked for about 15min. He defended the stadium and amenities. Said he was very disappointed with the team and couldn't discuss changes during the season but there will be some. Very nice conversation. Told him that he just saved a season ticket holder for next year."

FWIW

/>http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html?an=Monday-December-20

Changes could include:

An increase of the price at all Dr Pepper dispensing machines

A spiffy new paint job on all the lockers

New logoed bright pink "motivational" tee shirts printed for 2011 minicamp - "earn your damn pay, sissyboys"

and my personal favorite: a ride for Ochodroppo in the storied '83 Lumina (or is a Taurus?) to (but not from) the airport

From Lance's blog:

Mike Brown responds

I got this email today from a disgruntled season ticket holder. Last week he wrote a letter to Mike Brown.

"Did not get a letter back....I got a phone call. Talked for about 15min. He defended the stadium and amenities. Said he was very disappointed with the team and couldn't discuss changes during the season but there will be some. Very nice conversation. Told him that he just saved a season ticket holder for next year."

FWIW

http://www.1530homer...day-December-20

That's EXACTLY what's wrong with this team. The "GM" is talking to a season ticket holder for 15 minutes, rather than worry about football operations and how to better his team.....Really? 15 minutes with a season ticket holder? DURING THE SEASON???? Get a real F'N GM for cryin' out loud!!!!!

From Lance's blog:

Mike Brown responds

FWIW

That's EXACTLY what's wrong with this team. The "GM" is talking to a season ticket holder for 15 minutes, rather than worry about football operations and how to better his team.....Really? 15 minutes with a season ticket holder? DURING THE SEASON???? Get a real F'N GM for cryin' out loud!!!!!

Some former Bengal greats felt the same way.....8 years ago to the day (tomorrow).

How we looking Marty?

http://cincinnati.co...-gm-mike-brown/

Some former Bengal greats felt the same way.....8 years ago to the day (tomorrow).

How we looking Marty?

From today's editorial section....Good stuff.
/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/letters/2010/12/20/in-defense-of-mike-brown/

As owner and GM, Mike Brown is responsible for more than just drafting players and signing FAs. I take it this author feels that Mike Brown gave the coaches enough "horses" to win and that is something I agree with. But the coaches didn't do their job. OK, so who hired the coaches? It all gets back to Mike Brown because he's chosen to be an owner that does so much.

From Lance's blog:

Mike Brown responds

FWIW

How we looking Marty?

Pressure to hire a GM is nothing new which is why I tune out such talk in 2010. It ain't happenin' so move on

hmmm found this abit interesting.

form WIllcots

Finally, it wouldn’t hurt to communicate with your players and ask them how their families are doing. The lack of general interest in your players has been a common source of conversation in the locker room for years. Clearly, the players are seeking some element of relationship between themselves and their employer. This mere measure of humanity will go a long way in ushering in a renaissance of Bengal pride and tradition.

hmmm found this abit interesting.

form WIllcots

Finally, it wouldn’t hurt to communicate with your players and ask them how their families are doing. The lack of general interest in your players has been a common source of conversation in the locker room for years. Clearly, the players are seeking some element of relationship between themselves and their employer. This mere measure of humanity will go a long way in ushering in a renaissance of Bengal pride and tradition.

This is just one more negative to being a do-all owner. I think Mike takes the back and forth in contract negotiations personally. The Hard Knocks episode when he "welcomed" Andre Smith to the team after he signed was pretty revealing. Mike appeared to still be pissed off. Maybe Pumpkin and Troy can improve on this when they take the reigns. As much as I agree with Solomon Willcots, I have a hard time seeing Mike Brown loosening up and acting like he cares.

From today's editorial section....Good stuff.
/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/letters/2010/12/20/in-defense-of-mike-brown/

Ultimately all roads to failure lead back to Mike Brown but only at the risk of absolving the coaches who turned their back on success rather than build upon it, as well as the players who gave inconsistent undisciplined effort all season long.

Furthermore, a fans disappointment and frustration can only result if he feels the team underachieved based upon the talent assembled. To various degrees we all bought in, and we did so because we agreed with the way this team was being built. In fact, mega-critics like Paul Daugherty wrote props to Mike Brown articles before the season began, and applauded the changes he thought he was seeing. He predicted big things, not bad things.

Speaking only for myself, I have far fewer complaints with the way this team was built than I have when considering how it was used. And my greatest frustration and disappointment is rooted in preseason lies told by the coaching staff about how Smashball wouldn't be abandoned, but complimented.

We're doomed. From Lance's blog.

A Mike Brown letter

A Bengals season ticket holder recently wrote Mike Brown to express his displeasure with the direction of the franchise. The following are excerpts from the letter Brown sent to the season ticket holder this week. Enjoy.

"We are not a team devoid of talent, as numerous analyst have noted, and we are committed to challenging strongly in 2011"

"A general manager brought in from the outside is not in the plans."

"We realize a quick return to contention will not happen just by wishing it so, and I pledge to you that we are taking a hard look at everything we do"

"Only 13 teams have two division titles in the last five years. While this does not satisfy us, I believe it shows we are not so far away from reaching some higher goals"

"Regarding the coaching staff, I can only say that they are included in an organization-wide review that has already begun. I am choosing not to speak of specific plans to the media until we have something concrete to announce"

"We are overdue for postseason success, but I believe we are on the way back and won't apologize for the whole of our play in recent years"

no gm...not devoid of talent...good hard look...not so far away...stay the course...oxcart/ditch... :giljotiini:

We're doomed. From Lance's blog.

A Mike Brown letter

A Bengals season ticket holder recently wrote Mike Brown to express his displeasure with the direction of the franchise. The following are excerpts from the letter Brown sent to the season ticket holder this week. Enjoy.

"We are not a team devoid of talent, as numerous analyst have noted, and we are committed to challenging strongly in 2011"

"A general manager brought in from the outside is not in the plans."

"We realize a quick return to contention will not happen just by wishing it so, and I pledge to you that we are taking a hard look at everything we do"

"Only 13 teams have two division titles in the last five years. While this does not satisfy us, I believe it shows we are not so far away from reaching some higher goals"

"Regarding the coaching staff, I can only say that they are included in an organization-wide review that has already begun. I am choosing not to speak of specific plans to the media until we have something concrete to announce"

"We are overdue for postseason success, but I believe we are on the way back and won't apologize for the whole of our play in recent years"

no gm...not devoid of talent...good hard look...not so far away...stay the course...oxcart/ditch... :giljotiini:

I don't know that I'd expect any owner or gm to do more than this in an email to a season ticket holder. He's not going to announce anything, and he's not likely to take a huge amount of blame.

At least he said everything they do is under review. That's a lot more than se like where we're at, we just have to work harder, etc. In fact I'd say it's not oxcart/ditch talk. It's more like we're thinking about if we have the right oxcart.