Draft Pick Watch

HoosierCat

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many will scoff, but go get Haynesworth (who is a natural NT) and put him back in a 3-4 scheme where he dominates.

Um I thought Haynesworth dominated in the 4-3 well with titans and his whole problem with the redskins is being forced to be a 3-4 NT....

Um, I think you're right.

wonder what is the furthest we would fall if we won.

http://espn.go.com/b...ft-order-top-10

Team W-L Win Pct. Strength of Schedule*

1. Panthers 2-13 .133 .576

2. Broncos 4-11 .267 .508

3. Bengals 4-11 .267 .580

4. Bills 4-11 .267 .582

5. Cardinals 5-10 .333 .456

6. 49ers 5-10 .333 .494

7. Cowboys 5-10 .333 .521

8. Texans 5-10 .333 .527

9. Lions 5-10 .333 .549

10. Browns 5-10 .333 .576

If you read the above article, it mentions that Dallas could get into the top 5 if the Bengals win and Dallas loses and it is dependent on what happens in the Arizona-San Fran game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule#17

1. Panthers 2-13...locked up no. 1

2. Broncos 4-11 hosts San Diego

3. Bengals 4-11 at Baltimore

4. Bills 4-11 at the NY Jets

5. Cardinals 5-10 at the 49ers

6. 49ers 5-10 hosts Cardinals

7. Cowboys 5-10 at Philadelphia

8. Texans 5-10 hosts Jacksonville

9. Lions 5-10 hosts Minnesota

10. Browns 5-10 hosts Pittsburgh

wonder what is the furthest we would fall if we won.

http://espn.go.com/b...ft-order-top-10

Team W-L Win Pct. Strength of Schedule*

1. Panthers 2-13 .133 .576

2. Broncos 4-11 .267 .508

3. Bengals 4-11 .267 .580

4. Bills 4-11 .267 .582

5. Cardinals 5-10 .333 .456

6. 49ers 5-10 .333 .494

7. Cowboys 5-10 .333 .521

8. Texans 5-10 .333 .527

9. Lions 5-10 .333 .549

10. Browns 5-10 .333 .576

If you read the above article, it mentions that Dallas could get into the top 5 if the Bengals win and Dallas loses and it is dependent on what happens in the Arizona-San Fran game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule#17

1. Panthers 2-13...locked up no. 1

2. Broncos 4-11 hosts San Diego

3. Bengals 4-11 at Baltimore

4. Bills 4-11 at the NY Jets

5. Cardinals 5-10 at the 49ers

6. 49ers 5-10 hosts Cardinals

7. Cowboys 5-10 at Philadelphia

8. Texans 5-10 hosts Jacksonville

9. Lions 5-10 hosts Minnesota

10. Browns 5-10 hosts Pittsburgh

so only really dallas looks to jump us of the 5-11 teams? or just simply talking about them

As far as I can tell the lowest the Bengals could possibly fall is 9th.

Of the 5-10 teams, the Cards and 49ers play each other in week 17 so one of them will end with 6 wins and so pick after us regardless.

If the Bengals win and all the other 5-10 lose their strength of sked could drop them to the bottom of the 5-11 group in the draft (but then they would rotate up in the second round).

so only really dallas looks to jump us of the 5-11 teams? or just simply talking about them

The article seemed to have a Dallas slant. I am guessing it is just from their perspective. I am sure if everyone loses (Besides 49ers-Cards) and we win we could drop several spots.

Many will scoff, but go get Haynesworth (who is a natural NT) and put him back in a 3-4 scheme where he dominates.

Um I thought Haynesworth dominated in the 4-3 well with titans and his whole problem with the redskins is being forced to be a 3-4 NT....

You are correct sir! Haynesworth's problem was he didn't want to play NT in a 3-4

"One of the options...might be able to play...there have been some musings...they could line up at backer with...?"

This team faces uncertainty at every major coaching position yet Hobson tosses out a meatless bone about switching next season to a 3-4 scheme, with added draft scuttlebutt to boot, without even bothering to imply where the idea came from.

What the hell?

Yeah, my mistake on Haynesworth. I had one last Christmas moment filled in a house with 7 children under the age of 5 for 6 hours prior to posting that. I would still be interested in seeing what kind of person could occupy those spots up front in a 3-4 though. Leave the d-line up front alone ?? Well outside of Dunlap, this current front 4 flat sucks. No pass rush, no nothing. No one disrupts anything and it has been the albatross for Zimmer all season long.

Unless there is another reason someone wants to explain why the #4 defense from the season prior is now one of the worst despite upgrades.

Oh I like Atkins, but he needs better support and all those "hurries" have done what for the defense ??

With the likes of Peko and Geathers (and I like Peko) both of whom are veteran players, there has been very little.

Odom ?? Buh bye. I don't even consider him to be honest.

To be honest again, I haven't bothered to do ANY checking on the free agents that may be available to take a look at and I have barely looked at the upcoming draft class. I am WAAAAAAY behind on things of this matter seeing as how it's the end of the season.

Trying to find a job has become priority #1 for me, although I'm still on leave for another 2 months before it will become a bad situation.

Oh I like Atkins, but he needs better support and all those "hurries" have done what for the defense ??

With the likes of Peko and Geathers (and I like Peko) both of whom are veteran players, there has been very little.

Odom ?? Buh bye. I don't even consider him to be honest.

To be honest again, I haven't bothered to do ANY checking on the free agents that may be available to take a look at and I have barely looked at the upcoming draft class. I am WAAAAAAY behind on things of this matter seeing as how it's the end of the season.

Trying to find a job has become priority #1 for me, although I'm still on leave for another 2 months before it will become a bad situation.

If you're moving back to the Cincinnati area, you could work at the VA hospital with me. Check out the job postings on the USA Jobs website.

If I'm not mistaken, this means we'll be drafting #2 in the 2nd rd. They'll have a whole day to study who's left for the 2nd rd. This gives them all sorts of options. Should be fun

Please trade back, get as many draft picks as you can!!

Even if you trade back, to like the 10th spot or so you will still have you choice of great players. Julio Jones will be there and i think he will be just as good as Green!

Fairly might be there

Peterson might be there

So trade and get some more picks, they need to fill some holes!!!

Please trade back, get as many draft picks as you can!!

Even if you trade back, to like the 10th spot or so you will still have you choice of great players. Julio Jones will be there and i think he will be just as good as Green!

Fairly might be there

Peterson might be there

So trade and get some more picks, they need to fill some holes!!!

That's what she said.

First of all, you guys need to stop preaching the whole trading down idea. As much as I agree with you you need to realize that this is only a dream and it will never become a reality. Do you really think SoP is going to waste a chance at trying to make a little extra keesh selling a top 5 picks jersery and s**t? We doo need to trade down and select offensive line rounds 1-3 but it wont happen.

Maybe someone can perform Inception on SoP and plant the idea in his mind-- but we are all dreaming.

Look, this entire draft especially the top 10 are going to be determined by what Mr.Luck decides. He'll probably declare, but if he doesnt it will get intresting. I foresee either Fairley or Green being there.