I hate doing this to myself, but.....

walzav29

Every team must go through adversity at some point of the season. Remember the 2005 Steelers? They lost 5 straight and everyone said they were done. The won the Super Bowl. The 2006 Colts. I think the Jaguars ran for over 400 yards against them in a game and their defense was left for dead because they couldn't stop the run. The 2007 Giants. Eli threw 4 int's in a loss to the Vikings and he was called the worst QB ever. They rallied and won the Super Bowl. This team has talent. Palmer must put the team on his shoulders, and use the weapons and the no-huddle and get hot. They should put Rey at MLB, and Michael Jonson at SSLB. They may not be as smart they'll be more athletic. Baby steps. Just win this week. They started 6-2 and finished 4-4. Let's flip it around and roar into the playoffs. We're all going to watch anyway right? Let's generate hope!

Every team must go through adversity at some point of the season. Remember the 2005 Steelers? They lost 5 straight and everyone said they were done. The won the Super Bowl. The 2006 Colts. I think the Jaguars ran for over 400 yards against them in a game and their defense was left for dead because they couldn't stop the run. The 2007 Giants. Eli threw 4 int's in a loss to the Vikings and he was called the worst QB ever. They rallied and won the Super Bowl. This team has talent. Palmer must put the team on his shoulders, and use the weapons and the no-huddle and get hot. They should put Rey at MLB, and Michael Jonson at SSLB. They may not be as smart they'll be more athletic. Baby steps. Just win this week. They started 6-2 and finished 4-4. Let's flip it around and roar into the playoffs. We're all going to watch anyway right? Let's generate hope!

Sounds like the typical cyclical mindset of a fan (myself included).

Sunday and Monday following a loss are pure frustration, anger, and exageration.

Tuesday and Wednesday are detatchment and a "who cares" attitude.

Thursday we see quotes from the players and coaches about how much better they will play and all of the mistakes they will correct.

Friday comes and we know the weekend is approaching. Already our mood is improved because we're off of work the next few days. We start to get excited about the CHANCE that there could be a win on Sunday to begin the season turnaround.

Saturday comes and it's all positivity forward (or at least as much as you have), I'm going to stand by this team and cheer them on no matter what.

Sunday comes. Rinse and repeat.

All of the above is true. I go through the typical weekly cycle that hokie described. This year, though, is a little different. I'm unusually pessimistic about this team. The emotional toughness doesn't seem to be there, and the problems with the offensive line put the fear on me.

I am 100% in agreement with the illness. EXCEPT for I have seen nothing from this team to give me any hope at all. If and of ypou gamble, and you're down to the last chip. You put it on the roulette wheel. I know I won't win, but there's a chance. I'm a degenerate Bengal fan. I do feel there is talent on this team. Which does differ from the the hopelessness of the 90's. 1 more thing. They talk about the running the ball of the offense and last years team. The defense is the reason they won last year. If they had last years defense and 2005's offense they would look better than they ever have. They need to go to the 3 receiver sets.

Oddly enough, I can't say as I'm excited about watching the games as I have been in the past.

This team is just a huge letdown to this point and I don't see them getting better.

Anything is possible though and I will still be hoping against hope...

But on sunday when the bengals took the lead in the third, you believed. I did, I was fired up.

I look forward to Sunday. Its not over yet. One game at a time. But this/week is a big one.

Oddly enough, I can't say as I'm excited about watching the games as I have been in the past.

This team is just a huge letdown to this point and I don't see them getting better.

Anything is possible though and I will still be hoping against hope...

But on sunday when the bengals took the lead in the third, you believed.

Well, no, but I would have had I not left the sports bar at halftime pissed off at how undisciplined this team is.

My time went to good use searching through a mom and pop CD shop in town for some music.

When I got back and found out they made a comeback, only to lose, my reason for leaving to begin with stood...

It's a new week though so, GO BENGALS !!!

I went to the game today with the outlook as if they were going to lose the game. Sort of like waching a replay or a DVR'd game. Even when they were up early I kept telling myself "they're going to lose".

I ended up laughing alot during the game (especially with Palmer's INT), having some beers, good times with friends, and not feeling as frustrated. I don't know if that's apathy or what.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" --- "Bluto"

No, but it was when they overran the Maginot line.

Oh, but the Germans didn't overrun the Maginot line. Rather, they simply went around most of those defensive systems by invading the low countries to the north.

Not that it matters, but the whole "I hate doing this to myself" rant reminded me a little of Bluto's attempts to cheer up his mates. And as factually inaccurate as Bluto's efforts may have been they were sincere and passionate....thereby making them hilarious.

grabs guitar/smashes