Time to talk about the Falcons...

ArmyBengal

Ok, it's Tuesday and I'm happy we actually have a game to discuss for this coming weekend.

So how do you guys see this turning out for our beloved Bengals ??

There is a lot of talk coming from the players about "Taking it one game at a time", "We still have a legitimate chance", "We've got to get after the quarterback", and even Marvin with, "Obviously I have a lot of faith in our offensive group".

A realistic quote I saw was from Crocker who said, "It's going to be very tough to make the playoffs".

I think it was Hall that was trying to deflect that a little by saying, "We're not in Dallas".

Either way around, I just want to see this team come out after the bye week like they actually tried to make improvements in the areas they have sucked in up to this point. Something I'm still not sure how I feel about is the Falcons look to be without Dunta Robinson and that secondary blows without him in it. That appears nice, but will probably be to appealing for Brat to turn to a running game in any form, while salivating at what could be, against the 25th ranked pass defense.

The Bengals don't fare well in these road situations against non-divisional teams, but Hobson will have you believe the "trend" is for the Bengals to bounce back, saying the Bengals play best after a bad loss and when they aren't expected to do well the following week. I'm not sure I buy into the whole "trend" of things to say they win or lose a game.

Please Bengals come out and play a hardnosed game you are capable of playing.

That being said:

Falcons- 27

Bengals- 17

Bengals win.

Because if they dont I will be upset and I dont want to be upset.

So Bengals win.

Atlanta has its own problems as well. They dont scare me. Its the Bengals that scare me. Maybe we get a well played game this time.

Yo ucan come back from 2-3 - 2-4 will practically make it impossible. Im thinking 10-6 might not be good enough for a payoff spot.

As much as I think they CAN win this game, I just can't see them putting together a complete game this week. The Falcons are a good team, playing at home. If the Bengals do win, it'll be because the Falcons make several key mistakes. I don't see it.

Marvin appears to have checked out. It's very possible that we may not even see the Dead Cat Bounce this year.

Falcons 23

Bengals 16

Take 2. I'm going to this game also,.. We will show up now, chad will have a nice game, 100 yards.

Ced will get 100 also,.. So we we HAVE to stop that offense. Or it'll be a shootout,.. It'll be close but i think we come away with a win

A realistic quote I saw was from Crocker who said, "It's going to be very tough to make the playoffs".

I think it was Hall that was trying to deflect that a little by saying, "We're not in Dallas".

Perhaps, but I think the challenge now facing Marvin Lewis is exactly the same one Wade Phillips just faced. Point blank, how do you respond after your team has lost a game you had previously described as a must win? Or worse, how do you respond after losing back-to-back must win games?

Just guessing here, but I think the Bengals have convinced themselves that it's too late to change their identity back and will instead attempt to right the ship by redoubling their efforts in the very areas where they have failed the most miserably. So if Atlanta moves an extra defender into the box I'm betting Bratkowski will abandon the running game instantly whether it's working or not.

Atlanta - 27

Bengals - 16

Im pretty much done in believing in this coaching staff, that they actully have the ability to turn things around. We had along time to prepare the opener and New England, and the team came out so flat. So they will probably come out flat and lose like they normaly do coming off the bye week.

I find it amazing though that during this bye week, they didnt make any moves or depth or for starting roles. I really wish Marvin would have done something, to show that just because you are a starter dosnt mean your going to continue to start with the way they are playing. However i guess Marvin sees nothing wrong????

They will lose this game similar to the way they lost in NE.

Slow start, outclassed, outcoached.... Then roar back in the second half to lose by 3.

Season will seem lost, then they will go on a 3 or 4 game run, only to re-vert down the stretch.

4-15-1.

That is the Bengals record coming off the bye week.

Good coaches coming off the bye week? Andy Reid has won his last 7 coming off the bye. Bellicheat has won his last 11 coming off the bye.

I think this is the other way around. But true non the less. The point is made. Great coaches come out of their bye week, overly prepared and they are ready to play. Marvin Lewis coming out of the bye week not so much. A team that is 2-3 shouldn't have any time off during their bye week. Period.

As for the Falcons. I think they are over rated. They bring in the 17th ranked passing offense and the Bengals are 7th. Flip flop those numbers for the rushing offenses.

Defensively: Bengals have the 13th Ranked defense agains the pass and Atlanta is 25th. Rushing Atlanta is 9th to the Bengals 18th. Overall the Bengals are 13th in the league on defense and Atlanta is 18th.

I see a win for the Bengals on the road.

Bengals 23

Falcons 20

They will lose this game similar to the way they lost in NE.

Slow start, outclassed, outcoached.... Then roar back in the second half to lose by 3.

Season will seem lost, then they will go on a 3 or 4 game run, only to re-vert down the stretch.

This makes me sick, because this is what will exactly happen.

Bengals win.

Because if they dont I will be upset and I dont want to be upset.

So Bengals win.

Atlanta has its own problems as well. They dont scare me. Its the Bengals that scare me. Maybe we get a well played game this time.

Yo ucan come back from 2-3 - 2-4 will practically make it impossible. Im thinking 10-6 might not be good enough for a payoff spot.

10-6 will certainly be good enough if you have two losses to NFC teams

4-15-1.

That is the Bengals record coming off the bye week.

Yikes.

I'm pretty sure Marvin's post bye week record is far better than that. Something like three wins out of eight, right? And that's almost mediocre, right? So they've got that going FOR them.

That said, it's been noted for some time now how flat and lethargic the Bengals have appeared after bye weeks, a habit that has continued under Lewis. In fact, it's become so obvious to everyone that it's now an annual topic of discussion.

BTW, if you want to see a truly scary won/loss record just check out Atlanta's record in the Georgia Dome....or for that matter when playing in any dome recently.

Without Hairs aforementioned miracle in another thread, I see the Bengals losing by a minimum of 14 points. :no:

To be clear, I don't actually believe a Christmas Miracle is still possible, but if there's a chance, as so many of you desperately claim, then Baltimore's choke job against the Patriots was the start of said miracle. And yeah, a Bengal road victory over a good team would be the next step needed.

IMHO this game will determine whether the Bengals are looked upon as dead already or merely mortally wounded....an important consideration in matters of entertainment, as demonstrated by the classic Monty Python sketch involving the fair and noble servant, Concord.

"I'm not quite dead yet."