Cincy at Cleveland Game 4 2010 Pre-game chatter

membengal

Slow to get to this, this week. Everyone depressed about the offense too?

No team in the AFC North has ever won 9 straight divisional games. Ravens and Steelers each got to 8 in a row once upon a time and failed to get to 9. The Bengals are sitting on 8 straight divisional wins themselves, and heading up to Cleveland where it is never easy. God knows Peter King is shoveling dirt on Cincy's grave:

Cincinnati Bengals (2-1) at Cleveland Browns (0-3)

Pick: Browns 24. Bengals 16.

My buddy Ross Tucker and I hosted the Sirius NFL Radio Opening Drive show Wednesday, and uber-bright stats guru Brian Burke (of advancednflstats.com) came on. One of the things he said is something I was thinking coming off last weekend's games, when the Bengals did little right except win (and punt) at Carolina, and Cleveland had a formidable game at Baltimore. (The Browns are rushing for 4.5 yards a carry, by the way, and center Alex Mack is one of the most underrated linemen in football.) Burke said Cleveland's better, and the Browns just might be.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/30/weekend.pickoff.week.4/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz117kDBnc5

No shocker there, coming from King. Then again, I have seen that pick made elsewhere too. This game makes me nervous as usual, particularly after watching highlight of Hillis running last week over and through the Ravens. If the offense wants to pick a week to score some touchdowns, now would be a nice time to start...

Sam Farmer of the LA Times also picked Cleveland due to home field advantage. And Dan Patrick picked Cleveland as well, claiming the Browns will play harder than Cincy due to the players belief that Mangenius will be fired if the Stains go 0-4.

I'm sure the players want Mangini to be fired. Apparently he is awful to play for.

Basically all the fans and talk show hosts are picking Cleveland to win this week.

They claim they just have a 'feeling'. But most of these people picked wins for the first 3 weeks as well.

Not really much to back up their predictions other than they don't want to go 0-4. 0-2 in AFC North. 0-2 at home.

Delhomme practiced today I think but is still questionable.

I think it will be a little higher scoring game.

Bengals 27- Browns 13

I think they are all picking the Browns based on two things alone.

#1. Everyone wholeheartedly buying that Carson is done

#2. The Brwons played well against the Ravens last week

I haven't heard anyone make the claim that the Browns actually have the better team, only having a "hunch".

Here's my hunch:

Bengals- 27

Browns- 13

The defense stops the run and forces whatever QB they have to throw the ball. That will result in another 2-3 INT's and win the game.

F Cleveland.

They generally put up a tough fight against opponents, they are an NFL team with some quality players but not nearly enough, so big deal...

When you cite Alex Mack as part of your rationale as to how the Browns will beat a better team, you are reaching.

The Bengals D is superior to the Ravens.

Bengals - 33

Browns - 10 (7 in junk time)

The Browns are a bad team. Very bad.

Shipley is questionable in the game, and i hope he plays. Ship is the only WR that seems to go for the ball and actully catch it and hold on. I hope he plays!

Why dont they line Gresham up as a WR on some plays, mix it up give the Browns defense something to think about? Brat its time to switch things up, dont make it so easy for the opposing defense.

Defense needs to step up again, they need to stop the running game first. The Browns right now are playing pretty physical on both sides of the ball. There defense is not half bad, and there o-line is playing very good right now? Zim needs to dial up some blitzes to get pressure on whoever the QB is, dont let them sit back there and pick us apart.

I just hope the team dosnt think they can walk in to Clevland and win i think its going to be a huge dog fight, and who ever plays more physical will win. Clevland may be 0-3 but they are playing very hard, and was close to winning those games.

Im curious how Palmer will play after everyone is questioning his game play? Not to mention the o-line how will they play since everyone is questioning them?

Some gal named Crystal just rubbed my balls for awhile before claiming the Bengals would win by a 23-10 score. After I asked her for more she further claimed Bernard Scott would be the player of the game.

I admit Crystal's methods are unscientific, but IMHO they show enough promise to justify further study.

Why dont they line Gresham up as a WR on some plays, mix it up give the Browns defense something to think about?

I can't speak with confidence to the Carolina game, but against the Ravens, Gresham lined up either in the slot or out wide 9 times. So, to answer your question... why don't they? They do.

#2. The Brwons played well against the Ravens last week

Don't you love it when morons try to use logic?

#1 Even with Carson 'done', they beat the Browns twice last year, and

#2 The Bengals actually beat the Ravens.

I mean anything can happen in the NFL, but actually favoring the Browns here? C'mon.

Why dont they line Gresham up as a WR on some plays, mix it up give the Browns defense something to think about?

I can't speak with confidence to the Carolina game, but against the Ravens, Gresham lined up either in the slot or out wide 9 times. So, to answer your question... why don't they? They do.

Oh ok i forgot about the Ravens game. I like the idea of having him lined up on the outside with a linebacker.

I was nervous about this game until the week began. The Bengals have been ripped apart this week, and Cleveland must be GREAT because they almost beat the great Baltimore Ravens. I'm telling you, so many "experts" picked the Ravens this year that they have to make it appear they're great. The Bengals will roll the Browns 45 - 10.

The Browns won't be an easy out for Cincinnati. They almost never are, even when they suck.

I fully expect Cleveland to throw everything, up to and including the kitchen sink, at the Bengals to try and avoid 0-4. 0-3 is bad enough; if they take loss No. 4 Sunday then the long death march to the 2011 offseason basically begins for the Browns. If the margin in the game is more than 6 or 7 points I will be stunned.

#2. The Browns played well against the Ravens last week

Don't you love it when morons try to use logic?

#1 Even with Carson 'done', they beat the Browns twice last year, and

#2 The Bengals actually beat the Ravens.

I mean anything can happen in the NFL, but actually favoring the Browns here? C'mon.

Don't get me wrong, the could lose this game to the Browns. They seem to always play close games with them even when they shouldn't, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen again, especially considering the offensive woes at this point. The bigger picture for me is, the Browns have a team in disarray and to think they should be favored in this matchup is just silly. The Bengals should win this game and for once, I think they do it in convincing fashion.

Don't get me wrong, the could lose this game to the Browns. They seem to always play close games with them even when they shouldn't

Keeps me drinking, that's for sure.

...to think they should be favored in this matchup is just silly. The Bengals should win this game and for once, I think they do it in convincing fashion.

Ain't that the truth. I could deal with a blowout win for once, how 'bout you?

For what it's worth, the bookies have the Bengals a 3 point road favorite (about 75% odds), which is probably about fair. Figures it would be the talking head morons taking the Stains. They're also predicting a real barnburner with a 37.5 point over/under.

For what it's worth, the bookies have the Bengals a 3 point road favorite... with a 37.5 point over/under.

I don't see the Bengals defense allowing the Browns offense more than 14 points.

No doubt. Take the under on that baby.

I would be shocked if the Browns scored a point more than 13 which would require the Bengals to put up more that 24 points to hit the over. I just don't see that happening.

I'm thinking more like a 16-10 type score... where as usual, the Bengals win a lot more convincingly than the score would lead one to believe.

This is what I'm hoping for and honestly think will happen:

I'm thinking that Carson will be sick of all the doubt thrown his way.

I'm thinking the o-line will be sick of all the doubt thrown their way.

I'm thinking the RB's and WR's will be looking to carry things this week.

I'm thinking the defense will be fired up to make sure they get their 9th straight AFCN win.

I'm thinking the Bengals win in convincing fashion, leading all the ANALysts left to say:

"We should have seen that coming" !!!

WHODEY BITCHES !!!

Bottom line, no matter what team sucks at the time. The games against the Browns, Ravens and Steelers are always hard fought battles. We never know what Bengal team will show up to play. If the O line protects Carson, and Carson plays like he can play, we'll blow them out. But if we go three and out most of the day and Carson gives the ball up, it's going to be a long day. What's working for Palmer right now is short dump off passes and screens. So I think we start with those to build his confidence and then let him go down field.

Bengals 27 Def scores a TD

Browns 13