It Is What It Is

HairOnFire

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fences mended.

minicamp100615_440.jpg

How exactly is a single photo out of context proof of any such thing?

Ridiculous

It doesn't look like there are any hard feelings to me. You're making too much out of it. If I hear Carson say something about Chad while he's here, then I'll believe there is the tension you suggest.

I just want whats best for the team, and for this season at least...That includes Chad.

You're making too much out of it.

Perhaps you're making too little out of it. After all, Chad did admit to tanking the 2008 season, and he half-assed his way through 2007 as well. And this is his 4th year in a row of skipping the OTA's, right?

If I hear Carson say something about Chad while he's here, then I'll believe there is the tension you suggest.

While he's here? Isn't that conveniently forgetting the very thing that prompted Palmer's remarks in the first place?

Frankly, you can continue to ignore it simply because you want to, but Palmer has already provided you with proof.

Pro Bowl receiver Chad Ochocinco admitted that he's not as sharp in his return Tuesday. But he already looks better in his second day of minicamp than he did his first. Ochocinco made a pair of tip-toe sideline catches that were vintage Ochocinco. Both throws came from quarterback Carson Palmer, who threw ropes to Ochocinco through tight coverage.

Sky. Blue.

Chad is back and while there were comments made by Carson (and yes, I think he literally meant what he said) it no longer serves any purpose unless Chad were to just flat out not try at practice. While the coaches have noted he's not yet in football shape, they aren't saying it will take him long to get to that point.

Carson simply has to let things be in the past and work with what you now have. Could they be further along than they are ?? Sure and that's what's irritating to me, but it's no longer a concern and they simply have to get to the business at hand.

Nope, sorry. Straw man.

So Chad admits to tanking a season, yet you remain unconvinced he's capable of such things?

He's capable of picking up a gun and going on a shooting spree, too. He's capable of just about anything your fevered brain can imagine. What's your point?

What's your point?

I guess I'm pointing out how stupid it is to count on Chad being a professional. Because he never has been.

And while I agree it's unlikely Chad will ever tank another season....it can't be as easily ruled out as it is might be when discussing other/normal players. Furthermore, I guess I'm pointing out how stupid it is for you to rant about straw men when responding to concerns being voiced about Chad's now lengthy history of unprofessional behavior.

Frankly, I'm not all that interested in debating whether your head is buried in the sand or deeply into your own anal cleft, but this much is obvious. Your lame attempts to portray Chad as a worry-free dedicated professional are little more than a steaming pile of crap. Worse, you're enabling him.

Finally, here's a little free advice for those of you who don't like the Chad bashing that arises everytime his dumb ass does something stupid or unprofessional.

Shut the f**k up.

Your lame attempts to portray Chad as a worry-free dedicated professional are little more than a steaming pile of crap. Worse, you're enabling him.

And you're projecting way too much. What "attempts to portray Chad as a worry-free dedicated professional" would those be? All I'm pointing out is that you're just making s**t up, as usual, as you admit right here:

And while I agree it's unlikely Chad will ever tank another season

So, again, what's your point?

The franchise failed him.

Unless he's surrounded by Super Bowl caliber players, all 100% healthy, the greatness that is Chad Johnson shouldn't be asked to perform in exchange for the millions he's being paid. Is that your claim?

He didn't admit to tanking.. The franchise failed him.

Yeah, he did. And some people will never forgive him for it.

Me, I probably wouldn't, either, if it had been Chad's decision to spend a year on autopilot that sunk the team. But 85's behavior was only a small part of the reason the Bengals went 4-11-1. The offense was a train wreck at nearly every position. If you want to call that the franchise failing Chad, fine, but that's only because the franchise failed everyone in 2008.

The franchise failed him.

Or is it....the other way around? There is nothing more pathetic than a grown man (or whatever you are) hanging on another man's jock.

He did tank the freaking season. He said it AND wrote it. Read his book if you don't believe us. If you need help with comprehension, let us know. We'll help. Hell, we could make you another Hooked on Phonics success story.

He didn't admit to tanking.. The franchise failed him.

What a selective memory you have.

True, but when it comes to being a Chad apologist nobody beat Hoosier.

Because Hoosier easily admits Chad tanked a season, only to further argue that it doesn't matter....because it was going to be a lousy season anyway.

Fugdat.