Ravens Game Blacked Out Locally....NOT

ShulaSteakhouse

Is Agreen saying he lives beyond the 75 mile radius of the stadium?

or

Is he saying that he has the game feed via a means that does not comply with the nfl blackout regulations?

I live 15 miles from Cincy.

I'm pretty confident the game will sell and it will be broadcasted locally.. But just in case, I have a backup plan.

Does justin.tv work for you guys?

I'll watch it on that if necessary, but it looks like s**t on my monitor and I'm sure it looks ten times as bad on an HDTV. I'll watch one way or the other, too, but my original point still stands.

PS3 will stream it over the internet in HD!

I heard a rumor that WKRC was buying out the tix to give to their employees and the employees families... Makes sense. They would lose a ton in advertisement if the games was blacked out... Right? Tune in around 3pm for an announcement.

The Justin TV stream isnt in HD. So the PS3 will stream the source. It doesnt make a grainy stream beautiful.

True.

I asked if you guys used justin.tv??

I stream HD ;)

Link? DO I need to register, etc etc etc,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love being wrong every once in a while!

But seriously, I'm surprised this happened.

Why be surprised? It's worked out this way everytime. I'll recap for you.

1) the week starts and they've got 4K tx to sell

2) Come Thursday they're down to 3K

3) They get an extension

4) On Friday someone swoops in to guarantees the sellout. Military gets free tx

What's so surprising that it happened that way this time?

4) On Friday someone swoops in to guarantees the sellout. Military gets free tx

For the Texans game, the Brown family bought the remaining tickets and donated them to the military. Then at halftime out onto the field marched all these young marine recruits, probably like 300 of them. Then out marched this really squared away Marine.

The Marine had on the smokey the bear hat and the drab green uni. He walks up to a microphone without any introduction or anything and barks, "Raise your right hand and repeat after me!" Then he proceeded to swear in all those young recruits. They swore to defend the United States against enemies foreign and domestic, the whole thing. The crowd really loved it and gave those kids a big applause and cheer. It was really a great moment.

I'd say you're rather lengthy losing streak remains intact. Props, I guess.

And it wouldn't have happened...at least to you....if you hadn't been so adamant to be the first to write about a potential negative before it happened.

In all seriousness, what's wrong with you?

And it wouldn't have happened...at least to you....if you hadn't been so adamant to be the first to write about a potential negative before it happened.

Should I give him my new nickname?

Why? The whole thing is quite clearly a marketing scheme to sell every last possible crappy ticket before local advertisers and the team cut a deal to make sure companies get their spots and the Bengals don't lose any precious local (and non-shared) ad revenues.

According to one poster over at go-bengals, all you could buy for this game alone were nosebleed seats. There were lower-level seats available, but to get those you had to buy the multi-game package they're offering.

What does it say that the Bengals were confident enough of getting to "sellout" level that they held those seats apart?

I don't believe for a minute there was any serious chance of the game being blacked out.

I want to be clear I wasn't questioning the fandom of the people on this site. I've been out of work for six months, so I can barely afford the free over the air transmission, much less tickets. It was just a question of the community in general.

Congrats on the sell out though.

Why? The whole thing is quite clearly a marketing scheme to sell every last possible crappy ticket before local advertisers and the team cut a deal to make sure companies get their spots and the Bengals don't lose any precious local (and non-shared) ad revenues.

According to one poster over at go-bengals, all you could buy for this game alone were nosebleed seats. There were lower-level seats available, but to get those you had to buy the multi-game package they're offering.

What does it say that the Bengals were confident enough of getting to "sellout" level that they held those seats apart?

I don't believe for a minute there was any serious chance of the game being blacked out.

Good point - but I don't remember this happening in season's past?

I want to be clear I wasn't questioning the fandom of the people on this site. I've been out of work for six months, so I can barely afford the free over the air transmission, much less tickets.

Sucks to hear. Been there recently myself. Hope you find something soon.

Because it didn't. Prior to this year, from 2004 to now I believe season tickets were sold out so they didn't need to sell single tickets to avoid blackouts.

Because I was disappointed to be part of the blackout, and I know it gets under your skin! This board would be boring as hell without me. Unless you like reading about Chad's tweets.

Because it didn't. Prior to this year, from 2004 to now I believe season tickets were sold out so they didn't need to sell single tickets to avoid blackouts.

My point exactly from the initial post - for whatever reason a contingent of fans don't believe in this team yet, as in year's past these games were already sold out. Here we are 9 weeks into the season and they're still having to play these games to get them on TV.

It's not that I'm being "negative" so much as just stating a fact, and am somewhat surprised that at this point they aren't selling out at faster, being 5-2.