Some Love for No. 9

HoosierCat

Nice read, Hoosier. Thanks for the heads up.

Weird though, I thought I read on here that he should be replaced, weeks ago, with O'Sullivan. Or someone. And that they need to get someone drafted high in the draft next year. That WAS on this forum right?

And now Hobson is chiming in on the same subject:

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Upper-mobility/021827a1-1ff7-4f91-aea2-713c6946baef

a sprained left thumb that he says is going to get fixed with postseason surgery,

@#$%!!!! ^&%$#@ )(&%$ &^%$#!!!!!

Can we have just ONE FRICKING YEAR without Palmer needing or considering surgery?

:frusty:

If we come out sharp against the ravens . . . well i'll be in full blown high expectations mode.

Get ready to be fully blown. I doesn't get any better than this unless you're the only male in a 10 on 1 gang bang video. IMHO Carson Palmer has matured as did Peyton Manning. Watch out after the bye week, because they have a head of steam, and are looking for someone to turn it loose on. :bengal:

If we come out sharp against the ravens . . . well i'll be in full blown high expectations mode.

Get ready to be fully blown. I doesn't get any better than this unless you're the only male in a 10 on 1 gang bang video. IMHO Carson Palmer has matured as did Peyton Manning. Watch out after the bye week, because they have a head of steam, and are looking for someone to turn it loose on. :bengal:

OOO you ment 10 chicks got ya! ^_^ \edit

Good to see Carson getting some much deserved praise. I remember in 08 before his season was officially ended by the elbow people were already chanting for Ryan Fitzpatrick to replace him because he was "more mobile". No one seem to care that Fitzpatrick could only throw the ball 10 yards downfield and only had 2% of Palmer's talent, they felt he was a better option than Palmer. Then this season rolls around and in the preseason some people were calling for O'Sullivan to replace Carson Palmer. Are You serious??? Ryan Fitzpatrick/O'Sullivan over Carson Palmer??? It's time Palmer started getting the respect he deserves. He has a winning record as an NFL QB, and I feel we still haven't seen his best yet.

The thing that I like, is that now when he scrabbles to the outside to keep a play alive and there is nothing there, he takes off to get some + yards while Ben will take a sack because he is still trying to find someone open...

Good to see Carson getting some much deserved praise. I remember in 08 before his season was officially ended by the elbow people were already chanting for Ryan Fitzpatrick to replace him because he was "more mobile". No one seem to care that Fitzpatrick could only throw the ball 10 yards downfield and only had 2% of Palmer's talent, they felt he was a better option than Palmer. Then this season rolls around and in the preseason some people were calling for O'Sullivan to replace Carson Palmer. Are You serious??? Ryan Fitzpatrick/O'Sullivan over Carson Palmer??? It's time Palmer started getting the respect he deserves. He has a winning record as an NFL QB, and I feel we still haven't seen his best yet.

I was one of those chanting for Fitzdeadarm, and it had everything to do with him being more mobile than Palmer, but nothing to do with thinking he was a better option.

If you recall, the o-line had the protection power of a screen door trying to hold back Niagra Falls. I was in the group that honestly saw another broken nose, popped knee or even worse happening. Visions of 'Trent Green' danced through my head everytime I saw Palmer sacked last season.

Yeah, I'll say it, I was calling for Carson's stunt double.

I was one of those chanting for Fitzdeadarm, and it had everything to do with him being more mobile than Palmer, but nothing to do with thinking he was a better option.

If you recall, the o-line had the protection power of a screen door trying to hold back Niagra Falls. I was in the group that honestly saw another broken nose, popped knee or even worse happening. Visions of 'Trent Green' danced through my head everytime I saw Palmer sacked last season.

So was I Greg, and I was vilified for it. I didn't want him in there with an oline that porous because I knew he'd be hurt. Sure enough....

Welcome to Bengaldom... The only place where Desean Jackson, Sidney Rice, Dewayne Bowe, JT O'Sullivan and Ryan Fitzpatrick are better than Ocho and Palmer.

I agree, we haven't seen his best. We haven't seen the best from this duo of 85 and 9 either.

So was I Greg, and I was vilified for it. I didn't want him in there with an oline that porous because I knew he'd be hurt. Sure enough....

Sorry Ron, but if you played the game you would understand that you play your best players. It's football, everytime you step on that field you take the risk of getting hurt.

Sorry Ron, but if you played the game you would understand that you play your best players. It's football, everytime you step on that field you take the risk of getting hurt.

Funny how you only address me when I wasn't the only one expressing that opinion, but no matter. You failed to grasp the logic in my post anyhow.

Playing the game has nothing to do with making sound, logical decisions about what players to play and what decisions to make.

And greenie, playing in pee wee football doesn't make you an expert on the NFL, man.

Funny how you only address me when I wasn't the only one expressing that opinion, but no matter. You failed to grasp the logic in my post anyhow.

Playing the game has nothing to do with making sound, logical decisions about what players to play and what decisions to make.

And greenie, playing in pee wee football doesn't make you an expert on the NFL, man.

I've played more than that buddy..

It has everything to do with playing the game. This game is about talent, focus, leadership/coaching, and many other things. Sitting your best player is not an option nor is it a logical decision.

I'm just saying bro.. Your "logic" doesn't make up for what you lack in experience.

It has everything to do with playing the game. This game is about talent, focus, leadership/coaching, and many other things. Sitting your best player is not an option nor is it a logical decision.

I'm just saying bro.. Your "logic" doesn't make up for what you lack in experience.

Yeah, what've you played? I bet you're really good at "touch" football.....

I understand that concept, but there some other considerations here.

First, Palmer played four games. In those four games, he took 11 sacks, the same amount he has taken in seven games to this point. In fact, he took six in the Giants game in week three alone. He already had his nose busted in the preseason and the elbow was tenuous after that Giants game. I say tenuous because nobody could actually tell us how bad it truly was hurt. That was only the third game into the season. He should never have played Dallas.

Palmer is a multi-million dollar quarterback that, if healthy, should have seven to ten years left in him. You know he's out there getting killed, there is a basic mistrust between him and his line due to the nose thing and he's not historically a mobile guy.

Despite all those considerations, and the fact no one knew how bad the elbow was hurt, many wanted to see him play on. Why? Because historically and statistically he was the best QB on the team?

With that o-line and the elbow injury, your multi-million dollar quarterback would be out this season and maybe out permanently if he had continued to play.

That's why you saw some of us wanting Fitzdeadarm.

Yeah, what've you played? I bet you're really good at "touch" football.....

Hey guys, it was not my intent to get everybody into an argument. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If it came across that I was critisizing people's opinions on who should play between Palmer and Fitzpatrick then I apologize. In the end we are all Bengals fans and just want whats best for the team. We may have different views on how that should be done, but we all are on the same side.