Hey Hoosier---Chicago Question

membengal

So...has it been glorious in Chicago-land following that beat down? A perusal of the Sun Times and Tribune in the last 72 hours has been uber-fun. How has talk radio been?

Here in Baltimore, the callers have gone from looking past Cincy to worrying about the trip to Cincy in a few weeks. And they have all of a sudden decided that maybe Carson Palmer IS still a qb worth worrying about...

So...has it been glorious in Chicago-land following that beat down? A perusal of the Sun Times and Tribune in the last 72 hours has been uber-fun. How has talk radio been?

Here in Baltimore, the callers have gone from looking past Cincy to worrying about the trip to Cincy in a few weeks. And they have all of a sudden decided that maybe Carson Palmer IS still a qb worth worrying about...

They are not worried about Denver???? They better worry about them this week, Denver seems to be for real! Do they think they are going to beat Denver have they been talking about that, just curious?

No, they're worried about Denver. But instead of chalking Cincy up as a "w" (as they had been), they now worry about Cincy as yet another hard game in a series of hard games coming up for them.

ETA: "Worry" is relative. This remains one cocky fanbase. Still, they at least leave room for the possibility that Cincy might just be "for real", which is a new thing for a bunch of them...

No, they're worried about Denver. But instead of chalking Cincy up as a "w" (as they had been), they now worry about Cincy as yet another hard game in a series of hard games coming up for them.

ETA: "Worry" is relative. This remains one cocky fanbase. Still, they at least leave room for the possibility that Cincy might just be "for real", which is a new thing for a bunch of them...

They still have to play the Steelers twice and Indy too. I think I read that the remaining teams on their schedule has a winning percentage of around .580 which is like in the top 5 hardest. But it must be noted that the schedules are identical for 14 of the 16 games for all of the teams in the division so the strength of schedule shouldn't be a big advantage over the course of a season.

Now, the Steelers, that's who they actually worry about. Almost exclusively. Stalkerishly.

Still, they plot their way to 10 wins generally, even at 3-3. It fuels their arrogance that they were 2-3 last year and finished at 11-5.

I am pulling for Denver like you cannot imagine this week.

Good to hear.

The most common theme I've heard is that Cincy isn't that good of a team, the bears are just terrible (big surprise, huh?) because Lovie sucks, the front office can't scout talent, Lovie sucks, the coaching staff can't develop talent, Lovie sucks, the o-line blows, Lovie sucks, etc. But Lovie will keep his job because management is too cheap and won't eat his contract. Cutler is lacking in leadership, Forte sucks and on and on.

So basically they sound like WDR.

And they are actually a bit worried about Cleveland.

The Tommie Harris kerfuffle actually helped them get past the blowout a little faster, I think. Lots of chatter about how his special treatment in practice has been recinded, a rift opening up and all of that.

Bears players generally didn't talk, the few who did said essentially that they got their butts kicked.

Ya cinci isn't a good team We pretty much had the 6-0 Broncos Beat,beat the 4-2 Packers 3-3 Ravens(who at time people had the 1# team ) 5-2 Steelers & 3-3 bear...I'd put my money on that we have one of the hardest schedules of winning teams so far...we've played one crap team that's it so I say Ferk other teams fans.

Ya cinci isn't a good team

Yeah, I know. But that's been the line up here all season. You know how the Bengals beat the Packers? Well, that was all due to the Bears, you see, who had just lost a squeaker to Green Bay the week before, and after that emotional division win, the Pack just "went to sleep on Cincinnati." :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know. But that's been the line up here all season. You know how the Bengals beat the Packers? Well, that was all due to the Bears, you see, who had just lost a squeaker to Green Bay the week before, and after that emotional division win, the Pack just "went to sleep on Cincinnati." :rolleyes:

That's two wins we owe da bears already. Who knew they liked us so much? You're a one man charm offensive Hoosier.

I'd love to blow out the Steelers maybe that would shut their fans up for once...probably not

I'd love to blow out the Steelers maybe that would shut their fans up for once...probably not

Your kidding!!! Shut up Steeler Fans :)

Your kidding!!! Shut up Steeler Fans :)

It's easy to shut up a Steeler fan. Just impossible to do it in the long term.

After the Bengals won, the two most vocal Steeler fans I know called in sick to work. Awesome!

Unfortunately... later that week they were back to their usual excuses and bragging that the Bengals still had to go to Pittsburgh... to which I responded with one word. "Sweep."

But even if that prediction comes true... they'll still just talk about their 6 (Ill-gotten) championships.

I caught a piece of the lunchtime chatter running out for a sandwich. It's "Ditkaween" today so the have da coach on judging a dress-like-Ditka costume contest. They did talk a bit about the Bengals game, tho, and Ditka did give Chad props for running circles around the coverage last Sunday, saying that he turned it into pitch-and-catch and could have caught 50 balls. So there is some admission here and there that the Bengals just might have a tiny sprinkling of talent.

It's a start, I suppose.

Speaking of Ditka, he was on ESPN recently discussing the Bengals suprising record, and whether or not they were for real. And according to Iron Mike the Bengals are indeed for real but mostly because of the defense. Amazingly, he singled out the Bengals ability to tackle as the primary reason for improvement, saying this teams squad was one of the best tackling groups he's seen in years.

Finally, he said on of the tricks he uses to judge defenses is to freeze the film at the moment when a defender first makes contact with a runner or pass catcher. He then counts the number of defenders in the shot who are swarming to the ball. According to Ditka the Bengals routinely average 8 defenders within the frame when first contact is made.

Speaking of Ditka, he was on ESPN recently discussing the Bengals suprising record, and whether or not they were for real. And according to Iron Mike the Bengals are indeed for real but mostly because of the defense. Amazingly, he singled out the Bengals ability to tackle as the primary reason for improvement, saying this teams squad was one of the best tackling groups he's seen in years.

Finally, he said on of the tricks he uses to judge defenses is to freeze the film at the moment when a defender first makes contact with a runner or pass catcher. He then counts the number of defenders in the shot who are swarming to the ball. According to Ditka the Bengals routinely average 8 defenders within the frame when first contact is made.

Music to my ears.

Music to my ears.

:walkman::nopity::dj:

It's something that many of us have been wanting to see for years.