Chad v Bayless

kingwilly

The "re-match" with the tool Bayless is Thursday.

One thing that ticked me off on Sunday was after Benson scored his TD. After busting his ass the entire game and getting a stand-up ovation with every fan in the stadium solely saluting his performance for the first time in his professional career, as he's running down the sideline stands soaking it all in who runs over and stops him? Chad. Thought it was pretty pathetic of him.

Um, he didn't stop him just to stop him. He went over there, congratulated him, and told to keep it up all the way to Miami. If you gonna be mad at him, be mad at him for stuff he actually did. I thought it was a pretty good move myself because the old Chad never congratulated another teammate like that. At least, not that I recall.

I'm gonna give you all a little insight and this is coming from a super reliable source...

Cedric Benson couldn't stand 85 (probably until that moment). It wasn't neccessarily because they didn't get along, Ced just didn't like 85's character. The two personalities didn't mesh.

I think Chad reaching out in a time like that, with us crushing the Bears, his former team, and congratulating him for his efforts, broke the ice.

For the first time this offense was firing on all cylinders on and off the field.

Some of you see Chad looking for more camera time, that's also very likely, but the real message there was that this unit is coming together.

My source is someone close to Ced.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson Palmer.

On defense, give me Peko or Leon Hall.

Leon's the man. Peko returned a Kickoff for a TD on my Madden franchise. Carson is a real guy.

But Chad, he should definitely be a comedian after football. I could watch Chad talk smack all day. I'm just glad to see a Bengal getting this much coverage. Seriously guys, when's the last time we've had that? I'm taking in as much of this as I can.

The "re-match" with the tool Bayless is Thursday.

One thing that ticked me off on Sunday was after Benson scored his TD. After busting his ass the entire game and getting a stand-up ovation with every fan in the stadium solely saluting his performance for the first time in his professional career, as he's running down the sideline stands soaking it all in who runs over and stops him? Chad. Thought it was pretty pathetic of him.

Um, he didn't stop him just to stop him. He went over there, congratulated him, and told to keep it up all the way to Miami. If you gonna be mad at him, be mad at him for stuff he actually did. I thought it was a pretty good move myself because the old Chad never congratulated another teammate like that. At least, not that I recall.

I'm gonna give you all a little insight and this is coming from a super reliable source...

Cedric Benson couldn't stand 85 (probably until that moment). It wasn't neccessarily because they didn't get along, Ced just didn't like 85's character. The two personalities didn't mesh.

I think Chad reaching out in a time like that, with us crushing the Bears, his former team, and congratulating him for his efforts, broke the ice.

For the first time this offense was firing on all cylinders on and off the field.

Some of you see Chad looking for more camera time, that's also very likely, but the real message there was that this unit is coming together.

My source is someone close to Ced.

Yeah, we know, you're friends with Ced's 17 year old girlfriend, or whatever that was you told us once.

Anyhoo--the fact that Ced thinks Fredo is a douche makes me appreciate Ced even a little more. Great runner, great judge of character.

And how in the world were you unable to see Palmer as the face of the franchise? He's the QB, and he's a good one. The QB is supposed to be the face of the team, unless he sucks like Jason Campbell or has a douche WR on his team that steals the role like TO or Fredo.

I think Palmer should be the face too.. I'm just not complaining that Chad is more interesting. Its fun. This is a game at the end of the day.

She's not 17 anymore, that's was when they met. She's 18 or 19 now... And that's not his only girl, so don't be so naive thinking Chad's the only douchebag character out there.

Seriously guys, when's the last time we've had that?

It wasn't quite on the Chad level, but Corey Dillon and Carl Pickens had their share of headlines, for many similar reasons to the news Chad was making last offseason. The difference was they griped every season and at least Chad is bipolar or something and we're on a crest.

Who should be the public face of this franchise? Please I'd like to hear your opinion.

Pick somebody.

Frankly, there are 52 other Bengals on this teams active roster, yet the only guy I constantly see being interviewed after every big win is the same guy who admits to deliberately tanking an entire season.

Man...10 catches, 118 yards, 2 TDs and it's still bitchbitchbitch. :thumbsdown:

Save it.

Everytime a single word of criticism is directed at Chad this season you pop up with your "hater" rant, and it's all as predictable as it is weak. Furthermore, if your defense of Chad is proof of anything it's not that you aren't a hater whenever the mood strikes you or when other players are discussed. Rather, in this example it's just proof how low your standards are when it comes to all things Chad.

Here's a a stat for you. Chad's big day against the Bears was the first time in two years he's produced back-to-back 100 yard receiving games.

Spin that one anyway you want. Call it proof of his great play this season if the mood strikes you. But in my opinion it cause for embarrassment.....a reminder of what's been wasted. Deliberately.

I was gonna quote his stats. 11 targets. 10 receptions 2 TD's. 118 yards.

Benson had a good game too but the Bears revenge stuff is weak. Good for Benson. Lets focus on the Bengals though.

The focus should be on the team. And quite frankly, Chad has been all about team this year. And people that rip on him doing all this tweeting, ustream, tv shows (ESPN all Thursday), CBS Pregame- Dont hate.

These are things he does in his free time. He doesnt drink. Rarely goes out, and when he does, he invites fans to where he is going.

I hope the rest of the team gets cab rides and is smart about their time off.

Best season ever so far.

Save it.

Everytime a single word of criticism is directed at Chad this season you pop up with your "hater" rant, and it's all as predictable as it is weak. Furthermore, if your defense of Chad is proof of anything it's not that you aren't a hater whenever the mood strikes you or when other players are discussed. Rather, in this example it's just proof how low your standards are when it comes to all things Chad.

Here's a a stat for you. Chad's big day against the Bears was the first time in two years he's produced back-to-back 100 yard receiving games.

Spin that one anyway you want. Call it proof of his great play this season if the mood strikes you. But in my opinion it cause for embarrassment.....a reminder of what's been wasted. Deliberately.

Fitzpatrick was QB last year. Lets look to the future. Im pissed at Chad for what he did, but he didnt single handedly ruin last year.

I like this Chad and it looks like he is in a good place. Last year, who knows - TJ and Drew could have been in his ear.

Man...10 catches, 118 yards, 2 TDs and it's still bitchbitchbitch. thumbdown.gif

I think Ocho himself would agree with that. Nobody is going to make any apologies for how abysmal Chad was last season...not even Chad.

That said, I agree with Hoosier. He's playing well right now, so just enjoy it for crying out loud.

Benson had a good game too but the Bears revenge stuff is weak. Good for Benson. Lets focus on the Bengals though.

The focus should be on the team. And quite frankly, Chad has been all about team this year. And people that rip on him doing all this tweeting, ustream, tv shows (ESPN all Thursday), CBS Pregame- Dont hate.

These are things he does in his free time. He doesnt drink. Rarely goes out, and when he does, he invites fans to where he is going.

Best season ever so far.

This is a guy ^^^^ who pays attention...

How many of their favorite players do you think go out and party?

Chad's always been about the team. When we lose, it kills him.

Let's just all agree to disagree. This has been a great start to this season. Whether you like Chad or not, let us all just enjoy it.

Nobody is going to make any apologies for how abysmal Chad was last season...not even Chad.

Well, if anything his willingness to talk and talk and talk and talk make one thing very clear. Chad's forgiven himself.

That said, I agree with Hoosier. He's playing well right now, so just enjoy it for crying out loud.

Who says I'm not enjoying his play this season? Hell, I'm enjoying it just fine. But that's all Chad is to me, a player, and he's got only himself to blame if I no longer have any tolerance for his off field yammerings and tired minstrel show.

Best season ever so far.

You lost me here at the boldface. I think everyone on here, including me, Hair and AB, have been quite clear that we are happy to have his productivity back.

I don't personally have to accept his apologies for past transgressions, and I'll feel about him however I wish on a personal level. Why must every person that disagrees with his personal antics be dubbed 'a hater'? If we were on here wishing him failure even at the expense of the team, that would be different.

That said, you won't find me or probably Hair and AB at Fredo's butt attending the 'kiss Fredo's baby' meeting with some of you, but we still love the yards and the td's and it's all good.

Who should be the public face of this franchise? Please I'd like to hear your opinion.

In all seriousness, there is one guy I would love to see be the face of this franchise. He's the embodiment of everything that has gone right with the new attitude, the power play of the offense, and the revamped o-line. He looks the part of smashmouth football as well and knows how to talk it up.

Kyle Cook

Best season ever so far.

You lost me here at the boldface. I think everyone on here, including me, Hair and AB, have been quite clear that we are happy to have his productivity back.

I don't personally have to accept his apologies for past transgressions, and I'll feel about him however I wish on a personal level. Why must every person that disagrees with his personal antics be dubbed 'a hater'? If we were on here wishing him failure even at the expense of the team, that would be different.

That said, you won't find me or probably Hair and AB at Fredo's butt attending the 'kiss Fredo's baby' meeting with some of you, but we still love the yards and the td's and it's all good.

I said in my post that Chad pissed me off. I had to listen to him on Sirius all summer being an idiot.

I despised him at that point. I wanted him to sit and never play again.

But now, you dont HAVE to pay any attention to him off the field. Twitter, Ustream, ESPN, CBS, book signings, etc all have an off switch. Hes not even really doing any touchdown celebrations.

Im dont follow Chad. I dont tweet. (I may be misinformed but actually isnt 'kiss the baby' a sexual term?) I thought it was.

But those of you who dislike him jump for joy when he catches a touchdown for you.

But Benson is an ok guy? Henry? Hall? Rucker?

Hell we just cheered for a RB that was let go from the Bears after two arrests and no appreciation for what he has. Hes been forgiven. But Chad gets no slack. Top receiver in Bengals history, but no love.

fwiw - I love all these guys - They are my football team. Even if Henry is a douche. Even if Chad needs attention and without that attention he withers and dies. Once yo uare off my team, well....see TJ.

Nobody is going to make any apologies for how abysmal Chad was last season...not even Chad.

Well, if anything his willingness to talk and talk and talk and talk make one thing very clear. Chad's forgiven himself.

Is that a bad thing? You can only feel badly about something you've done for so long. At some point you have to move on and try to atone for your mistakes in the best way you know how. Perhaps you disagree with his method of atonement, but as others have pointed out, he's been nothing but positive this season. He's worked his tail off, he's saying all the right things, he's trying to reach out to the fans. Maybe you'd prefer he simply shut his mouth, but we don't live in a perfect world. I'll take what we've got, and hope that he keeps it going.

Who says I'm not enjoying his play this season? Hell, I'm enjoying it just fine. But that's all Chad is to me, a player, and he's got only himself to blame if I no longer have any tolerance for his off field yammerings and tired minstrel show.

Yeah, I get it. The complaints are just getting a bit tired. He's not changing anytime soon, and I don't quite understand why people want to keep harping on it when life in Bengaldom is so good right now...Chad included.

Best season ever so far.

I said in my post that Chad pissed me off. I had to listen to him on Sirius all summer being an idiot.

I despised him at that point. I wanted him to sit and never play again.

But now, you dont HAVE to pay any attention to him off the field. Twitter, Ustream, ESPN, CBS, book signings, etc all have an off switch. Hes not even really doing any touchdown celebrations.

Im dont follow Chad. I dont tweet. (I may be misinformed but actually isnt 'kiss the baby' a sexual term?) I thought it was.

But those of you who dislike him jump for joy when he catches a touchdown for you.

But Benson is an ok guy? Henry? Hall? Rucker?

Hell we just cheered for a RB that was let go from the Bears after two arrests and no appreciation for what he has. Hes been forgiven. But Chad gets no slack. Top receiver in Bengals history, but no love.

fwiw - I love all these guys - They are my football team. Even if Henry is a douche. Even if Chad needs attention and without that attention he withers and dies. Once yo uare off my team, well....see TJ.

Ok, so if 'kiss the baby' is a sexual term, still applies for some on here.

I don't know if Ced, or Rucker or if any of these guys are 'good' guys, or whatever. I know of the current roster, Fredo's the only one that trashed his team in public, wanted to leave and admitted to tanking a whole season to the end.

So, in sum, good playing Ocho. No more dropsies, a little more 'effort' at 'blocking', seeing the endzone more. Props to him.

Not gonna like him as a person. Don't gotta. Don't care which personality he's showing at any given moment. Like the title says, he's still our douche, so I wish him the best on the field.

But Chad gets no slack. Top receiver in Bengals history, but no love.

Well, aren't you giving him love right now? And how about Skyline and Hoosier? In fact, on this messageboard you can't say a single critical thing about one of the most polarizing players in the entire NFL without Hoosier trotting out his tired rant about how we're all haters.....thereby making poor Chadwick a sympathetic figure. (sniff)

Seems to me Chad continues to get plenty of love around here. In fact, it's almost a given he gets more love than he deserves.

Besides, many of you are going to buy Chad's excuses, all conveniently gathered together in the form of a book, as soon as the ink is dry. And that's love, right?

But Chad gets no slack. Top receiver in Bengals history, but no love.

Well, aren't you giving him love right now? And how about Skyline and Hoosier? In fact, on this messageboard you can't say a single critical thing about one of the most polarizing players in the entire NFL without Hoosier trotting out his tired rant about how we're all haters.....thereby making poor Chadwick a sympathetic figure. (sniff)

Seems to me Chad continues to get plenty of love around here. In fact, it's almost a given he gets more love than he deserves.

Besides, many of you are going to buy Chad's excuses, all conveniently gathered together in the form of a book, as soon as the ink is dry. And that's love, right?

He is a strange fellow. Ill admit that.

I have no interest in reading his book. Just hope he doesn't say anything stupid, err well, damaging.

The complaints are just getting a bit tired. He's not changing anytime soon, and I don't quite understand why people want to keep harping on it when life in Bengaldom is so good right now...Chad included.

Fair enough. Now flip it around and ask yourself why I should have to defend myself from criticism by other Bengal fans simply because I won't forgive a guy for deliberatly tanking a full season.

What exactly are fans like me doing wrong? What transgression have we committed? Or put another way, exactly what is it that Bengal fans like me owe Chad after what he did?

Is it mandatory each and every one of us smiles sincerely when we strap on the clown shoes? Isn't it enough when guys like Hoosier do it willingly and without complaint?

I have no interest in reading his book. Just hope he doesn't say anything stupid, err well, damaging.

Actually, he says a lot of stupid stuff. Nothing particularly controversial, or even very interesting, however. The most compelling bits are the parts he didn't write. If you're in a book-buying mood, I would go with this instead.

The complaints are just getting a bit tired. He's not changing anytime soon, and I don't quite understand why people want to keep harping on it when life in Bengaldom is so good right now...Chad included.

Fair enough. Now flip it around and ask yourself why I should have to defend myself from criticism by other Bengal fans simply because I won't forgive a guy for deliberatly tanking a full season.

What exactly are fans like me doing wrong? What transgression have we committed?

Other than annoying me to no end by sounding like a broken record? Not much.

And to be clear, I'm not exactly giving Chad "love". To be more accurate, I'm withholding criticism. I'll gladly tolerate all of his loud talk as long as it does no harm and he continues to back it up on the field. If he decides, at some point, to fall back into the Chad of old, then I'll lead the charge right next to you...torches and all.