Texans at Bengals Game Thread 10/18/09

membengal

Pre-game and game chatter here.

Bengals seek their longest win streak since the blessed season of 1988 when they started 6-0. So, yeah, to put in perspective what the last four Sundays have wrought, they have wrought something unusual.

My feelings are documented elsewhere. This one makes me itchy. The Texans are a dangerous team to play given their offense and assemblage of high round talent on the roster. Frankly, they are in desperate need of a Cowher type to come in their, grab them by their throat, and wring all the bent to self-destruction out of them. Thankfully, that type of coach isn't there yet, and I am hoping their need to self-destruct shows itself early today.

A complete game by the Bengals offense would go a long way toward getting the team a win that doesn't require ER paddles and the command "Clear".

ETA: Longest "in-season" win streak since 1988. Which are the only win streaks I really pay attention to, given how teams change from year to year.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically the Bengals had a 6 game winning streak when they won the last two games of the '04 season and the first four games of the '05 season. But your right, they haven't had a six game streak in the same season since that blessed Superbowl Year. Here's hoping they are 5-1 by the end of the day!

This is a dangerous game, but to me the Cleveland game was the one we're no one was giving the Browns a chance and they caught the Bengals sleepwalking. Now everyone is pointing to this as the letdown game. Houston killed them last year, and I believe Marvin is dying for this team to develope a homefield edge. I can see where it looks that way, BUT I like the Bengals. They know they have to play a complete game still and they will.

Technically the Bengals had a 6 game winning streak when they won the last two games of the '04 season and the first four games of the '05 season. But your right, they haven't had a six game streak in the same season since that blessed Superbowl Year. Here's hoping they are 5-1 by the end of the day!

To me, a real win streak is an in-season one.

Amen to that

I think I've heard enough players in the last week talk about how bad they got lit up by the texans last year to believe they aren't going to come out flat. The boys know what's at stake, know what they need to do, and have a packed out jungle to help them do it. Can't imagine too many texans fans will be in the crowd and with our o-line play of last week mixed with Cedric's desire to stick it to the texans I think we'll see a heavy dose of him in the first half. I think the offensive player who has the biggest day, though, is my boy Slim. We saw what happened last week when we throw the guy the ball -- 3 catches for 94 yards people. If their #1 CB can't cover chad, imagine what Henry should be able to do their nickel. Things will only get worse for that poor man (the #3 CB) after Cedric puts up 50 yards in the 1st quarter.

Who Dey babies. :bengal:

I know this is off topic, but I know people sometimes don't leave the confines of the Bengals forum here so I pose a simpler question than the one I posted in the FF forum.

Do you start Marques Colston against the Giants of Andre Johnson against the Bengals today ?? All homerism aside...

Thanks and sorry for the side track...

Per Reedy on twitter:

Leonard roy williams inactive roland starts at rt

Full inactives:

5 J. Palmer, 31 R. Williams, 40 B. Leonard, 71 A. Smith, 75 S. Kooistra, 89 J. Simpson, 92 F. Rucker, 80 C. Coffman

I believe we will come out of the gate strong but to me, the key is the middle quarters! How we play in 2nd and 3rd quarters will determine whether we win this one. I now expect us to play well early and late but we have hit a wall in the 2nd and 3rd quarters this year. We need a complete game here, b/c I agree it freaks me out a little bit!

P.S. While I don't expect much from Andre Johnson b/c we like to take the other teams top weapon outta the game, I don't think Colston is that good!

OK, so Tank is good to go. Bit of a bummer about RW and Leonard (Scott might make a name for himself today, hopefully for the right reasons). I suppose the Duke comes in in place of Roy? Still near full strength.

I agree, I'm happy Tank is ready b/c our DLine plays with something extra when we can rotate fresh bodies! Man, no Leonard, sheesh that's a terrible loss if its a close game! I don't know about anybody else but I'm getting a little tired already of Roy Williams' fragility! I expect Duke Nukem to come in and play well, he plays faster than Roy!

Per Reedy on twitter:

Leonard roy williams inactive roland starts at rt

Full inactives:

5 J. Palmer, 31 R. Williams, 40 B. Leonard, 71 A. Smith, 75 S. Kooistra, 89 J. Simpson, 92 F. Rucker, 80 C. Coffman

Woah... I haven't been able to get on Twitter today... So you sayin its up?

Cool! Everything to plan so far.

Get up and pour me a cup of coffee w/Bourbon...check!

Put on the same Bengals gear I wore last Sunday...check!

Log on to Bengalszone...check!

Mem starts the game thread...check!

We're good to go boys! :bengal: