St Louis Cut

UK Bengal

This certainly was a necessary move. St. Louis was very good for a long time. He had a bad snap in the Denver game a few years back (which didn't cost the Bengals the playoffs) that kick would have only tied the game, there is no guarantee the Bengals would won in OT, so lets just come off that for just a minute.

This year however was a different story. He struggled from the beginning, the Bengals hung with him as long as they could. As Coach Simmons said, this fire had to be put out.

It had to be a tough day for the coaching staff dealing with Vikki Zimmer's funeral and then cutting loose the elder statesman of the team. This has to be the worst part of being a coach, but it is sometimes necessary and is a part of the job.

Thanks Brad and good luck.

Good luck to the new guy.

Who Dey!

Get em while they're still hot!

/>http://bradstlouis.com/store/index.html

I don't see how he could refer to himself as a tight end. Does anyone here remember the last time he lined up on the end to take a snap as a pass catcher? I can't.

Agree with wishing him well based on the many years of him going unknown and doing his job and for that I say thank you Brad.

In regards to this season, he almost cost us many games with what should be one of the simplest things to do and it couldn't be tolerated any longer.

Kudos to the Bengals organization for making a move like this 5 weeks into the season. They would have never done that in the past...

On the Monday night radio show, Dave Lapham made the comment that "knowing Darrin Simmons, he probably wanted him gone a week or two ago." "Marvin is probably a little more patient but is probably done with him too, but he's probably still here because of Mike Brown."

Well as hard as it is to single out one guy, unfortunately the time has come. I applaud the team for making a difficult decision. St. Louis was the longest tenured Bengal on the team. Chad now has that distinction and is the only pre-Marvin player on the team.

Good luck Brad. You were good for a long time. Hope things work out somewhere else and you get a chance to fix things. I would hate to see his career end like this.

So long, Brad. You snapped well far more often than you snapped poorly.

Ding. We have a winner.

Add me to this. Good luck to you Brad, I hope the lambs stop screaming now.

lol nice reference.

I'm glad he's gone. Say what you want about him being a nice guy and all but come on. You're a long snapper who can't snap.

With the economy the way it is you hate to see anyone lose their job, but the Bengals gave him time to get it right, it just would have been a matter of time before he cost them like in 06'...Good luck...

I'd buy a t-shirt off St. Louis' site, but you know damn well that when the Fed Ex guy tried to deliver it, he'd fire it right over our porch into our bushes and I'd find it next spring all moldy and yucky.

Classic.

With the economy the way it is? Sure, this is very unfortunate for him and he has a young family etc but the dude has been earning what, about 700K a yr for yrs now. He should be able to get by for a couple of months.

He's not a poor schlep working on a factory floor for 5% that much ya know?

Also in '06 didn't St Louis have a bad snap that cost us the game after Denver against Pittsburgh, if I remember correctly it was a chip shot field goal that would have given us the out right win and the miss caused us to go into overtime where Roethlisberger won it with a long TD pass on the first or second pass of the period? Just checked it was the third play from scrimmage in overtime. Hopefully kicking sub 40 yard field goals stops becoming an adventure. Anybody add up the number of points we have left on the field due to kicking miscues? It wouldn't have won us the Denver game but it would have certainly made the Ravens, Browns, and Steelers game less nailbiting.

I think St Louis gets paid for the entire year. Then he'll be eligible for the NFL pension.

Let's hope this new guy is the answer but really how can he be any worse? St Louis had 8 bad snaps in 5 games. I would venture to say no one in the NFL or college Div 1A football had that many. The only thing positive I can say for the guy is he was steady on punt snaps.

This was sadly necessary.

St. Louis's poor snapping had already cost game in the past, and were now chronic enough to merit the decision.

When a specialty position becomes unreliable at their particluar specialty, there is not much of an option but to change.

Thanks for all the good snaps Brad, you have been appreciated. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Even though he brought this on himself, I feel sorry for St. Louis. He honestly tried, but ended up failing, so I'll give him that.

Good luck in the future Brad, but this team is moving on without you.

I agree with you BB. Although I realize that it had to be done, I took no pleasure in learning that he was released. Yes, he made a lot of money playing a game, but losing your job sucks no matter what that job was.

Wow. What is going to happen to bradstlouis.com ?

I hope this guy can handle this blow. I have a strange feeling on this one.