Why the Bengals will win the AFC North + Houston Sunday

Exacta

The Bengals have proven they can do all the things you cannot teach like the ability to feel comfortable being down late and finding a way to win.

Carson has not had that monster day but that will come. How many QB's are almost 90% on 4th down conversions? The aforementioned is easier than the consistent ice vein comebacks.

The things they have done poorly like the play of Brad St. Louis either he will be replaced or he will rarely snap like he has.

The Defense is soundly coached and playing with fire and guts and have already without question let the entire NFL know they are the real deal.

Our running game is elite and we proved against the Ravens we can do what no other team in the NFL has done in years.

Our TE situation is not the greatest but can be fixed with different scenarios including Coffman on routes as many ppl have mentioned here.

Wr's - we have a 25 Million dollar veteran who may see limited reps only because of the play of younger talented wide outs, something that is only a pleasent surprise.That says a lot.

After Ray Lewis sent Ochocinco's helmet flying in a basically criminally viscous hit, What did Ocho do? He got back up instantly and was right in his face.

The new Bengal mentality has spread throughout the entire team.

We have already beaten every team in our division without a single loss and I do not see any of those 3 teams we beat matching up against what we bring this year.

Houston +4? Child, Please!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge overlay. Def should Bengals -7

Its a good thing you guys don't believe in Jinxing our team

I wish we were that important but thank god we cannot effect the outcomes of games lol..

We have shutdown many #1 wr's and Houston has scored 16 pts or less 3x and only scored 20+ against the Bucs.

Also with Jim Lipencott long snapping this week and playing TE we can't lose! lol

Im not ready to put this team anywhere, do i think they are good, sure i do, but they have been making way to many mistakes on offense that they have to fix up before it gets to them. I would like to see more before i put them anywhere yet. Houstons defense might not be that great, but there offense can be very expolosive, and Zimmer this week better blitz when the Jets blitzed Shaub he couldnt throw the ball.

Im not ready to put this team anywhere, do i think they are good, sure i do, but they have been making way to many mistakes on offense that they have to fix up before it gets to them. I would like to see more before i put them anywhere yet. Houstons defense might not be that great, but there offense can be very expolosive, and Zimmer this week better blitz when the Jets blitzed Shaub he couldnt throw the ball.

I can see where you are coming from but managing to find ways to knock off the ravens, packers, steelers god forbid we have more of a sound game and they use ocho, henry and caldwell with our running game and D don't think Houston has a big chance. Ofcourse it is the NFL but 80% chance we win by 10 or more.

ALSO NOSTRADAMUS PREDICTED THE BENGALS TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL. OFCOURSE HE IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT EITHER.

The Houston +4 line doesn't exist. Bengals -6.5 is the starting point out of Vegas this week.

And this thread is also bad juju.

It also reeks of the same arrogance we get from Stealers fans all the time. Be happy we're winning, but don't start talking s**t.

The Houston game is another classic trap game, sandwiched between the Ravens and Bears. The last time the Bengals got one of these, up in Cleveland two weeks ago, it took OT to win. So if I was betting on the game -- and I wouldn't, not with exacta's money -- I would take Houston and the points.

The Texans have shown some life. They almost roared back from a big hole last week against the Cards. Their running game is a mess (think they'd like a Benson do-over?) but that mostly has to do with a smallish o-line that is having trouble opening up holes for Slayton. Schaub is still a dangerous QB, and they have some players on D. During their near-comeback last week they let it all hang out on defense and made Warner's life miserable. I think the Cards had like 27 yards of offense in the second half or something ridiculous like that.

I am sure they will come in in nothing-to-lose mode, especially against the shiny new AFC North leaders. Bengals could easily lose this one if they spend too much time reading Pete Prisco and Clark Judge columns.

The Houston game is another classic trap game, sandwiched between the Ravens and Bears. The last time the Bengals got one of these, up in Cleveland two weeks ago, it took OT to win. So if I was betting on the game -- and I wouldn't, not with exacta's money -- I would take Houston and the points.

The Texans have shown some life. They almost roared back from a big hole last week against the Cards. Their running game is a mess (think they'd like a Benson do-over?) but that mostly has to do with a smallish o-line that is having trouble opening up holes for Slayton. Schaub is still a dangerous QB, and they have some players on D. During their near-comeback last week they let it all hang out on defense and made Warner's life miserable. I think the Cards had like 27 yards of offense in the second half or something ridiculous like that.

I am sure they will come in in nothing-to-lose mode, especially against the shiny new AFC North leaders. Bengals could easily lose this one if they spend too much time reading Pete Prisco and Clark Judge columns.

Have to agree here, if they stop all this shooting themselves in the foot crap they could pull this one out, however like you said Houston is no push-over here. There offense is for real, and there defense will make some plays. The cleveland defense was horrible and the Bengals could do nothing after the 1st quarter. Benson needs a huge game this week to keep Shaub and Johnson on that bench, and Slayton is great in the screen game and not a bad runner. This could be a scary game escpically if the defense dosnt show up, like they didnt last year in Houston. I hope Marvin shows them that tape that was embarresing, they never touched Walters and he got up and ran for a TD...embarresing.

This is another emotional week because of today, so hopefully they will still do there homework and come out prepared otherwise we could see a let down, then everyone will be like the same old Bengals cant win the games they should win, i will be the one saying that lol.

They have a couple of beasts on their D-line and Demeco Ryans is a damn good young MLB. Their secondary is a weakness though but our passing game must be tighter against them than it has been so far this season or it'll be another tight game.

Plus, Andre Johnson, our impressive record against #1 WRs this season notwithstanding, demands respect.

I'd settle for a one score win right now and quickly move on.

Ok, with the whole superstitious viewpoint brought up from time to time, does this thread need to be closed ??

What say you Bengalszoners ?? 10 YEAHS = thread closed

Me being one of those superstitious bastards (I think that's how someone put it recently) I vote close...

I say close both of them. Yes it's silly and yes it's superstitious but then so are many aspects of being a fan.

Browns game was a trap no doubt. If you don't believe your the best you will never be.

Enjoy this while it lasts soon it will be Feb. bengals are one of the top 5 teams in the NFL. They aint losing to Houston even if they do they will be at worst 6-2 somehow.

Too many weapons, too much heart, and the D is beyond real. Jim Lippencott is giving them a cushion like none before. Lippencott = Plump Winning Power

have you closed it before? If you have it obviously did not do to well the past 20 years. Last time I looked the bengals where not in the superbowl for decades.

Everyone needs to stop worrying about medicore Houston. Every team has weapons It's the freakin NFL but it is going to take a damn good team to beat us this week and Houston

does not have the balance to do this. Stop pretending it is supersticious and how we won games. We know this team is something special and Texans are going to go home miserable like

the superbowl champs, the Ravens and the fans at Lambau. Stop sleeping.

have you closed it before? If you have it obviously did not do to well the past 20 years. Last time I looked the bengals where not in the superbowl for decades.

Everyone needs to stop worrying about medicore Houston. Every team has weapons It's the freakin NFL but it is going to take a damn good team to beat us this week and Houston

does not have the balance to do this. Stop pretending it is supersticious and how we won games. We know this team is something special and Texans are going to go home miserable like

the superbowl champs, the Ravens and the fans at Lambau. Stop sleeping.

Seriously dude, you need to relax. NO ONE here is saying the Bengals are winning BECAUSE of the superstitions, simply acknowledging the odd things we do when our team wins. Next, stop thinking the Texans don't have the ability to beat the Bengals this weekend, because they do. In regards to closing threads, again, RELAX. There is no post count required before you have access to cetain things here so you are safe.