Houston game a blackout?

fattyjay

Hard to bust Chad's balls over something like that. Regardless of anyone believing his motives are good or selfish, it would be a great thing for the city and the fans of the Bengals. Like someone who has no plans on going to the game and wanting to watch the game in the comforts of their own living room turns on the game and when finding out Chad bought the remaining tickets quickly turns off the game. People need to move on...

I've got the Sunday ticket so it doesn't affect me in any form, but seriously, good for you Chad. If it's bullsh*t, then yeah, blast away...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a couple of the talking heads on national radio this morning talking about how the NFL should lower or eliminate the blackout rule considering how expensive tickets can be and the state of the economy. I think that would be a good idea. As long as you are 80 to 90% full that should be good enough. But I am sure the owners would never go for that and the potential for lost revenue.

I heard a couple of the talking heads on national radio this morning talking about how the NFL should lower or eliminate the blackout rule considering how expensive tickets can be and the state of the economy. I think that would be a good idea. As long as you are 80 to 90% full that should be good enough. But I am sure the owners would never go for that and the potential for lost revenue.

Well, I think they stand to lose more in advertising dollars if the game isn't shown locally. Only a couple of teams have a fanbase that spans the country (Cowboys, Stealers). All the other teams have the majority of their fans close to home.

Teams make a lot of money from local affiliate stations showing the home games.

Yeah, didn't Kroger buy out the remainder of the tickets for the home opener ?? And don't they run commercials during the game ??

Sounds like a win win..

Yeah they did. But I don't see their commercials during the Bengals games during the regular season nearly as much I do the preseason...

According to a post on another Bengals Forum,

The Bengals just updated their Twitter and are giving 500 tickets to military families for the Houston game. No update on the sellout, but I would think that's a good sign.
I would hunt down the link for this but I don't know how to find anything on twitter...

I don't want to come off as a jackass but I live in Columbus and won't be going. I've never been to the stadium and have no plans to ever attend a live game. I could probably afford it. Though I am a huge Bengals fan and I love the sport of football (played all through my youth as a tight end) I cannot see spending that kind of cash on Mike Brown. I don't think I have to explain my visceral hatred of the man to you guys, my fellow fans.

I usually can't help but come off as a jackass. Regardless, I think it's safe to say nobody standing outside of your own livingroom or kitchen will care if you go to the game or not.

Somebody WILL fill your seat.

And even better, whoever shows up in your place will no doubt do a better job of cheering for the Bengals.

If no one cares if I, or anyone else, goes to the game why so many posts of people asking for others to buy tickets?

Perhaps someone will fill my seat, and if they do, I hope they get the game they deserve for their money. As it is, ticket prices are mostly insane. I understand why people would spend that much to go to a game. I can also understand why you might think less of me as a fan for not spending the money but I don't think it's outside the bounds of reasonable expectation to want to see the team I've watched fail since 1992 do something great before I spend that kind of hard earned cash. As to supporting the team themselves, they have all of my moral support, not that any of them could know it even if I was at the game. As to supporting the team financially, that's Mike Brown's job, a job he has consistently failed at. To lay the blame of disenfranchisement of fans on the fans themselves is like sucker punching your friend every time you see him and then blaming him for not wanting to hang out with you. If Mike Brown continues to keep the purse loose and the team even moderately successful, I will happily pay for a game. Whether I ever pay for a game though, I will always be a Bengal's fan, even if they loose from now until the day I die.

To lay the blame of disenfranchisement of fans on the fans themselves is like sucker punching your friend every time you see him and then blaming him for not wanting to hang out with you.

Maybe you could make a flow chart or something to explain this analogy.

According to Ocho Cinco - He will buy the remaining of the tickets to lift the black out for Sundays game... Via UStream.

If that's true, it's a real big step in lessening my hatred for the man. But my guess is that it's just more bulls**t.

He didn't buy all the remaining tickets, but him and Motorola teamed up to make it possible. Tickets will be given away for free starting Saturday at 11:30 AM at the North Ticket Booth... Better show up early so you can see the bulls**t because he made it happen....

NO BLACK OUT!!!

/>http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco

/>http://twitter.com/CinBengalsNFL

:cheers:

Hope that's true, but I'll wait for official confirmation before I get excited about it.

what, you're saying twitter doesn't count or something?

I hope the day never comes that twitter is an authority on anything...

According to Ocho Cinco - He will buy the remaining of the tickets to lift the black out for Sundays game... Via UStream.

If that's true, it's a real big step in lessening my hatred for the man. But my guess is that it's just more bulls**t.

He didn't buy all the remaining tickets, but him and Motorola teamed up to make it possible. Tickets will be given away for free starting Saturday at 11:30 AM at the North Ticket Booth... Better show up early so you can see the bulls**t because he made it happen....

That's a really great gesture by a stand up guy. I know it's mostly fans of other teams who hate the guy, but if there are any Bengals fans who still think Chad is a moron like TO, they should pay more attention to his good will than his touchdown celebrations.

Thanks chad for caring,I wonder how WDR is going to take it since they felt they were so close!

I'm guessing they'll point out the obvious fact that the owner doesn't give two craps about the fans and one of his players had to buy the remaining tickets, to get it on TV, let alone give away 600 tickets.

I'm guessing they'll point out the obvious fact that the owner doesn't give two craps about the fans

Well, the feeling is mutual, right?

Seriously, what would make Mikey think anything he could do, up to and including inventing a cure for cancer, solving the health care crisis, presenting a Mideast peace plan acceptable to all sides and fixing global warming, would make fans give a crap about him?

I'm guessing they'll point out the obvious fact that the owner doesn't give two craps about the fans

Well, the feeling is mutual, right?

Seriously, what would make Mikey think anything he could do, up to and including inventing a cure for cancer, solving the health care crisis, presenting a Mideast peace plan acceptable to all sides and fixing global warming, would make fans give a crap about him?

Yep, I think there is next to nothing he could do (and he knows it) to make me change my opinion of him.

Let's say they win a Super Bowl (Let's just say ok) do you all of a sudden think he's a great owner ?? Hell, even a decent one ??

I think not...

No, Bidwell is still a crappy owner even though the Cardinals went to the Superbowl last year. It wouldn't change a thing.

The turn around of the Arizona Cardinals coincides with former Federal Prosecutor Michael Bidwill (note to Greg ;) ) michael-bidwill.jpg took over the reins of running the team from his father Bill, who as a former ball boy for the team back in 1937, still remains as titled owner. He's given credit in this excerpt from the following article:

Fittingly, it took a Bidwill to change the culture. Michael Bidwill does not appear to have much in common with his father. He is a former federal prosecutor, so he understands how to work crowds and win them over. After joining the organization in 1996, he embarked on arguably his toughest case of all: convincing a fan base that had given up on the Cardinals to help them build a new stadium. Voters in Mesa rejected a proposal. A site in Tempe was scrapped because it was too close to the airport. Phoenix proposed a site and then dropped out. Mesa tried again and dropped out again. So did an Indian community. Finally, after about half-a-dozen false starts, the Cardinals found their home in the suburb of Glendale. "This all started with Michael," said Eric Hill, a Cardinals linebacker from 1989 to '97. "He has brought a whole new perspective to the organization."

After the NFC championship, Michael stood in the middle of the Cardinals locker room, his father on the edge. Michael talked about working as a Cardinals waterboy in the 1970s and doubling over in agony as they missed field goal after field goal that could have clinched division titles and playoff berths. "Some of those losses upset your stomach," Michael said. "You don't know how to get up the next day." This is what Cardinals fans have long needed to hear, that their owners suffered right along with them.

I just don't see the Bidwill family ownership of the Cards as "crappy" anymore.

No, Bidwell is still a crappy owner even though the Cardinals went to the Superbowl last year. It wouldn't change a thing.

The turn around of the Arizona Cardinals coincides with former Federal Prosecutor Michael Bidwill (note to Greg ;) ) michael-bidwill.jpg took over the reins of running the team from his father Bill, who as a former ball boy for the team back in 1937, still remains as titled owner. He's given credit in this excerpt from the following article:

Fittingly, it took a Bidwill to change the culture. Michael Bidwill does not appear to have much in common with his father. He is a former federal prosecutor, so he understands how to work crowds and win them over. After joining the organization in 1996, he embarked on arguably his toughest case of all: convincing a fan base that had given up on the Cardinals to help them build a new stadium. Voters in Mesa rejected a proposal. A site in Tempe was scrapped because it was too close to the airport. Phoenix proposed a site and then dropped out. Mesa tried again and dropped out again. So did an Indian community. Finally, after about half-a-dozen false starts, the Cardinals found their home in the suburb of Glendale. "This all started with Michael," said Eric Hill, a Cardinals linebacker from 1989 to '97. "He has brought a whole new perspective to the organization."

After the NFC championship, Michael stood in the middle of the Cardinals locker room, his father on the edge. Michael talked about working as a Cardinals waterboy in the 1970s and doubling over in agony as they missed field goal after field goal that could have clinched division titles and playoff berths. "Some of those losses upset your stomach," Michael said. "You don't know how to get up the next day." This is what Cardinals fans have long needed to hear, that their owners suffered right along with them.

I just don't see the Bidwill family ownership of the Cards as "crappy" anymore.

I don't know how that supports your argument. All that excerpt says is that he was able to get the people of Glendale to build the Cardinals a stadium. Mikey boy did that here, too. He's still not a good owner.