Had tears when they hugged Zimmer

icehole3

This game seemed to be for Mike and his late wife Vikki. The team never got down no matter how many times Brad f**ked up. Something I can't recall seeing as a Bengals fan. It's like they knew they could win, and just went about their business.

I dunno, I'm not saying the majority, or even more than a few, have genuinely deep feelings for Zim in one way or another. What they showed today was that they've bought into his coaching and schemes and are playing their tails off. Whether it was out of personal affection for him, sympathies for his horrible trauma or just a personal pride in one's work or maybe a combination, they did him proud and it speak of a respect at least.

Who knows, he might take more out of it were it just a performance based on personal and professional pride. What a testament to his work and effort that would be and in some small way a testament to the people who have been supporting him and supported him in the past, most notably his wife.

Of course, I have no doubt she was genuinely liked, from the stories that have been told. It matters not really. Nothing will bring her back but the D did him and his wife proud today and didn't add, even though losing a game means nothing in the grand scheme of life, to an already painful time for him.

Requiescat in pace Vicki Zimmer.

It was hard not to choke up, all the defense guys around him, hugging him, it was a great site. That win was for him

Absolutely. And great "game ball" scene. I remain in awe of Zimmer's toughness. I hope this helps him, even if it's only a little bit.

Teams rally around toughness like that, just like they did today.

to see marv hand zim the game ball, then zim fighting back the tears to address the team. very moving brought a tear to my eye.

I was hoping they might do something like that had the won. Nice to see that CBS showed that clip and later ESPN came back after discussing the Broncos win over NE, and showed the same clip. I was sobbing like a little kid.

Lost in all of the euphoria is a family having to deal with a tragic loss. Thoughts and prayers go out again for their family.

Felt good for coach, couldnt imagine going thru a week like that

Game Ball clip did same to me :|,Really glad we have a guy like zimmer and its going to be a shame to lose him next year when he gets HC job.

Oh snap. The price of success. Hopefully he'll stick around for a couple more yrs yet but eh, one yr of success (assuming we maintain) is more than enough to get the sharks circling.

Felt good for coach, couldnt imagine going thru a week like that

Game Ball clip did same to me :|,Really glad we have a guy like zimmer and its going to be a shame to lose him next year when he gets HC job.

Oh snap. The price of success. Hopefully he'll stick around for a couple more yrs yet but eh, one yr of success (assuming we maintain) is more than enough to get the sharks circling.

Would be nice but I remember reading about him getting the shaft in past that people were surprised he hasn't got shot yet...so I would love to see him turn them down but at the same time I'd like to see him get his chance...Just a shame because if we had to pick a new HC he's who I would want.

PS,Mike Brown needs to make Zimmer the highest payed DC and more then most HC's maybe that would keep him around hehe

Indeed. Hard to argue against Marvin. he got the DC in and has helped build this thing again, much like he did in '04/'05 - hopefully with a different and longer lasting future but yeah Zimmer has an attitude and I think it's translated to the entire team, not just the D.

Maybe, bump in pay and asst HC unless Marv is against that.

Of course, the NFL is weird at times. Maybe he just gets passed over. Not young enough, McDaniels etc or fat enough, Ryan/Mangini.

Powerful stuff! Gave me chills...I can't believe how inspired they played! Think about it, this is the same D that got schooled by the Clowns, and without Carson giving them 7(I seem to be saying that every week! :unsure: )

We completely dominated that game, regardless of the score! This one was def. for the Zimmer family!

Indeed. Hard to argue against Marvin. he got the DC in and has helped build this thing again, much like he did in '04/'05 - hopefully with a different and longer lasting future but yeah Zimmer has an attitude and I think it's translated to the entire team, not just the D.

Maybe, bump in pay and asst HC unless Marv is against that.

Of course, the NFL is weird at times. Maybe he just gets passed over. Not young enough, McDaniels etc or fat enough, Ryan/Mangini.

I dunno I could see Cowboys bringing him back if they don't go after big name HC... As for Asst I don't think marvin would have a problem since Zimmer is one of his guys where Paul Alexander is more of one of Mr Browns.

You think Jerrah! dumps Garret along with his phat contract when he finally elbows Wade aside? A clean break? Didn't Zimmer leave under a certain atmosphere?

I'd hate to see him go somewhere so douchey. He could do good things in Washington, if he could put up with Snyder.

You think Jerrah! dumps Garret along with his phat contract when he finally elbows Wade aside? A clean break? Didn't Zimmer leave under a certain atmosphere?

I'd hate to see him go somewhere so douchey. He could do good things in Washington, if he could put up with Snyder.

I dunno after Cowboys going downhill since tuna left I would think they would wanna clean house it's not like Garret has really shown anything,one avg season by tony romo when he had TO...thats it.

I dunno after Cowboys going downhill since tuna left I would think they would wanna clean house it's not like Garret has really shown anything,one avg season by tony romo when he had TO...thats it.

Sure, I wouldn't discount it. Jerrah! isn't afraid to really shake things up as seen by his hiring of the Tuna. I hope it doesn't happen though, not a fan of the Girls.

Sure, I wouldn't discount it. Jerrah! isn't afraid to really shake things up as seen by his hiring of the Tuna. I hope it doesn't happen though, not a fan of the Girls.

Agreed I'm not a fan either of the girls And I'd like to be able root for where ever zim goes but hopefully he stays <3 <3 <3 & hopefully Mike Rewards him for what he does & brings to this team.