After Thoughts Ravens game 1#

Kazkal

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix the special teams and TE this is a superbowl team. Carson under pressure is scary good throwing bullseyes one after the other.

Did this for Vicky! What a great feeling.

Well just like I thought Carson keeps getting better as the weeks go by after being hurt and sitting it takes time to get back in it. Well he is back and don't you think the rest of the NFL notices. The Def keeps getting better and this team is getting scary good.

Carson is still getting it done. He played reasonably throughout as well, the horrible int aside. He had two sure TD dropped, on in the end zone itself. At the end, man, he's money.

As someone said a few posts back, this team has the talent to be a superbowl team. That seems to scare many players on offense though. I predicted 8-8 before the season with a chance of 10-6 at a push. I'll tell you right now, having seen the potential of this team, I'd be disappointed with 10-6. The offense is ugly - Rosie O'Donnel ugly - though. They come through when it matters and I'll take it but really, even though we've been repeating this for the last month, they just have to improve or it'll catch up with them.

They have absolutely gelled as a team. No matter what Brad St. Louis does snapping the ball, they say f**k it and win anyway. No matter Mike Zimmer loses his wife Vikki days before the game, they win anyway. No matter membengal keeps starting game threads and remarking the impossibility of continued last second wins, they win anyway!

Aaron my man. :lol: You walk point again next week! :bengal:

Not a perfect game, but its a win non the less, and a win for Coach Zimmer. Defense played like they did against Dever, blitzed all day long and loved it. This is what i expected from this defense all year and they showed up today, one missed tackle and they would have not scored. Great job Defense!

Offense still needs the work, they find a way to win and thats all that matters. It seems like every week they are affraid to be a good offense, they have a ton of talent, so dont be afraid to use it. Palmer needs to stop the ints.

Can we give the o-line some credit this week, once again they did a great job staying on there blocks giving holes for the running game, and gave Palmer the time to throw all day. Whit and Mathis again are playing great for this team!!!

Just amazing. Caldwell is quickly becoming the man, and I honestly think Carson will be back in form by the playoffs (yeah, I said it). Just got to get rid of the bad picks and have some people catch some damn balls.

This win officially gives us some very good things:

*4-1 record after a very tough stretch of schedule, some bunnies coming up (hope they don't blow them).

*Guaranteed no worse than 3-3 in division.

*Guaranteed no worse than a tie in each head-to-head

*Wins at Cleveland, Baltimore, and against the Steelers at PBS where they always win.

I don't think the Steelers or Ravens are going away, so I'm thinking that these will help a lot come tiebreaker time. I'm officially cheering against the Chargers, hopefully that bad DEN loss doesn't give us problems.

Damn, I still can't get over that game.

So... I think Palmer starts to become a media darling this week. This is the 4th last minute drive he's lead in 5 games.

People need to start giving him respect again. Sure he has his off moments, but he has been without a doubt the best fourth quarter QB in the league. He looks like a leader out there. GREAT JOB CARSON!!!

So... I think Palmer starts to become a media darling this week. This is the 4th last minute drive he's lead in 5 games.

Indeed media will be jumping on the bandwagon from the raven one they were riding

Sterling Sharpe tried to say something nice about the Bengals right after the game. Sounded something like, "Bengals gwoooomph blurrr hhmmmferr gaawww." I made something out at the end about he was surprised the Ravens D played so bad. Tough to understand that guy.

Indeed media will be jumping on the bandwagon from the raven one they were riding

Sterling Sharpe tried to say something nice about the Bengals right after the game. Sounded something like, "Bengals gwoooomph blurrr hhmmmferr gaawww." I made something out at the end about he was surprised the Ravens D played so bad. Tough to understand that guy.

Who lispy im suprised he dosnt spit all over the camara

During the final drive, All I could seem to do was repeat the same line over and over.

"This is not "*****g possible."

This team is truely a team now for the first time in a long time. And not just that, they are a good team. Great games around despite the mistakes.

I refuse to mention the negatives as of now but we all know both players that would be talked about.

/>http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/14161-hats-off-to-bengals/

VINDICATION!

there's a hell of a lot of " woe is me" out there :lmao: - check their game thread!!

Over at ExtremeRavens they do give us some props, but a lot of blame is being placed upon the officiating.

Mason 0 catches today.......wow great play again from Hall

was going to mention this...beat me to it.

They've held Marshall, Stokely, Jennings, Holmes, Edwards and Mason to about zilch (take out the freak tip play).

They are playing lights out...

The Ray Rice TD play today was a result of poor tackling and amazing effort on Rice's part. Heap was also held in check.

For the Ravens top rated O to get really controlled by the Bengals D says quite a bit about the progress Zimmer has made with this crew. They wil only get better.

Coates and Coles drops hurt, but Chad is back to playing at an elite level. Caldwell ha alsoshown clutch hands. Henry still looks about 80% but manages to get open and catch the big passes.

Palmer threw a dumb pick-6, but looked sharp on most every other throw.

Benson is a horse. Guy runs friggin hard and puts his head down for the extra yard every time.

Gotta make a change at long snapper. that will cost games if you le it persist.

Happy to see another win, happy to see this team maturing and FINISHING games. We've always seen the potential and talent, they are now putting it together at the end of games.

How 'bout this boys... I made a "Cardiac Cats" sig for everyone to wear to show group support for the 09 team! Let's wear this all regular season, and I'll make a new one when we make it to the playoffs! WHO DEY!

15wjbjb.png