Thank you Carson.

Pidge

I don't know about anyone else but I'll take the win at all costs, do whatever it takes, Carson over the 4,000 yds and 25 TD with an 8-8 record Carson any day of the week.

He might not be putting the stats together but in a yr when nobody has a valid exucse any more - we have a D worthy of the name - he has dragged the offense, in each week an offense that couldn't get out of it's own way for about 50 of the 60 minutes, to long drives exactly when needed.

His arm is still there, the decision making might be slightly iffy still but I'm seeing a new Carson mentally. Sure, all players like to win but this yr, he wants it badly. His reaction to the idea of punting in OT was great to see. He then went out and, by whatever means necessary, got the first down himself. That's a real leader folks and not just another in a long line of Cali QBs who can sit in a chair with a cap on and say "I'm a leader". He's not saying it, he's doing it.

Lots to improve but keep winning baby. B)

I don't know about anyone else but I'll take the win at all costs, do whatever it takes, Carson over the 4,000 yds and 25 TD with an 8-8 record Carson any day of the week.

He might not be putting the stats together but in a yr when nobody has a valid exucse any more - we have a D worthy of the name - he has dragged the offense, in each week an offense that couldn't get out of it's own way for about 50 of the 60 minutes, to long drives exactly when needed.

His arm is still there, the decision making might be slightly iffy still but I'm seeing a new Carson mentally. Sure, all players like to win but this yr, he wants it badly. His reaction to the idea of punting in OT was great to see. He then went out and, by whatever means necessary, got the first down himself. That's a real leader folks and not just another in a long line of Cali QBs who can sit in a chair with a cap on and say "I'm a leader". He's not saying it, he's doing it.

His scramble for that late 1st down is what paved the way for the win. Keep it up big guy! :bengal:

His scramble for that late 1st down is what paved the way for the win. Keep it up big guy! :bengal:

I'm actually more optimistic with each passing week. There is a real change to Carson I think. Maybe his introspective thoughts have something to do with, maybe being a little off 30 means he realises his window in starting to close. He's not a rookie anymore.

I'm confident because our O has largely been horrible so far and I don't expect that to remain the case. When our O becomes even competent with Carson leading the way, playoffs here we come.

you hit the nail on the head! carson is just clutch this year!

I will say this, if that was Roeth leading the Steelers on that many 4th quarter and OT drives to give the Steelers the lead, as Carson has in three of the four games this year, the fellating that would be provided him by the national media would make us all turn away in horror.

I will say this, if that was Roeth leading the Steelers on that many 4th quarter and OT drives to give the Steelers the lead, as Carson has in three of the four games this year, the fellating that would be provided him by the national media would make us all turn away in horror.

No doubt.

In the national media, Carson has been forgotten.

Which I think may not be bad bad thing.

I agree he has obviously been supa clutch but its redikulus for our offensive personel to not be able to move the ball! We were dominating the 1st quarter, I thought it was going to be a blowout! Inexcusable! But I completely agree, he doesn't care about anything but the win! You can tell Carson wants to win at all costs! Carson is not what he used to be, he's just not, maybe I'm putting too much on him but that's how high my expectations are of him, I expect much better play! You can tell he still has the supa arm but maybe it is the decision making I'm not sure but I hope he can return to that kinda form. Ahh, I still love ya Carson, keep the wins coming! :sure:

P.S. I'm by no means defending St. Whois, he should be given his walking papers now, but Shayne was kicking those chip shots really low thus giving Rogers a chance to block them! Shayne can play out this season but I don't resign him next year, sign Gostkowski or you can draft the best kicker in the 7th round!

I agree he has obviously been supa clutch but its redikulus for our offensive personel to not be able to move the ball! We were dominating the 1st quarter, I thought it was going to be a blowout! Inexcusable! But I completely agree, he doesn't care about anything but the win! You can tell Carson wants to win at all costs! Carson is not what he used to be, he's just not, maybe I'm putting too much on him but that's how high my expectations are of him, I expect much better play! You can tell he still has the supa arm but maybe it is the decision making I'm not sure but I hope he can return to that kinda form. Ahh, I still love ya Carson, keep the wins coming! :sure:

P.S. I'm by no means defending St. Whois, he should be given his walking papers now, but Shayne was kicking those chip shots really low thus giving Rogers a chance to block them! Shayne can play out this season but I don't resign him next year, sign Gostkowski or you can draft the best kicker in the 7th round!

Shayne wasn't the problem on the missed kicks. That was all on long snapper St. Louis.

Did you see any of the game at all?

Shayne wasn't the problem on the missed kicks. That was all on long snapper St. Louis.

True. Though I will say this - there are kickers who are better at dealing with somewhat errant snaps. It's still St. Louis' fault, but Shayne maybe could have helped more.

St. Louis does have to go, though. I'll chip in for a plane ticket out of town if that's what's holding Mikey up.

dude. you just double posted. (turnabout is fairplay)

dude. you just double posted. (turnabout is fairplay)

Where? I didn't see in your excuse for a post.

When Marvin was going to punt on 4th and 10 in overtime and Carson screamed "NO!!!! NO!!!!!", that to me showed the leadership Carson has. He wants the ball in his hands. He wants to decide the games and he's going to do what it takes to win the game. Buckle up folks, it's going to be a f**king crazy season, but it has the potential to be a very special one with Mr. Palmer at the helm.

Hey ass-clown, I said I'm not excusing or not putting all the deserved blame on St. Louis but if YOU watch any of the game you'd have seen Shayne kicking unusually low, sure maybe the bad snaps caused some mistiming but its still unexcusable for our 'Franchise' kicker to not be anything but money!

Also to add to injury, St. Louis not only snapped horribly but allowed Rogers to manhandle him as well!!! I would say bye bye Brad, but either Mike Brown has a hard on for him or Brad is married to his son or something!

I just disagree when you said his arm is still there. I have seen nothing to indicate he can throw the ball downfield at all. Every time he tries do go even somewhat long, even like 30 yards...he underthrows these rainbow lollipops that hang up in the air forever. He's making Chad Pennington look like he has a rifle for an arm. And his throws on out-patterns to the sideline look extremely weak. He's shown some good zip on some shorter passes over the middle, but that's about it.

Honestly, this offense reminds me of the jon kitna days when we have to put together 18 play drives in order to score. I remember how frustrating that was because it's very hard to sustain a drive for that long without making a mistake. Which is exactly why we are having trouble putting up points.

JoeP...interesting obersvations. The out passes are not near as sharp as they used to be. And that was indeed a lollipop he heaved to what should have been a TD to Henry, Henry's effort notwithstanding. The counter wondering would be a question of timing on those out patterns and wind on the lollipop, but, yeah, given his elbow issues, an interesting observation.

What is indisputable, I think, is that he has morphed into the kind of leader we always wanted him to be. And he's been lethal with the game on the line.

Pong's just mad that he can't preach about "ending the Palmer experiment" as long as he keeps leading them to come from behind wins. It's a tough job to be a downer when the team is winning. But the effort is still there. Nice to see that Pong is dedicated to his craft, win or lose.

By the way, those of you using the word "clutch" in reference to Palmer are dead on. The drive againstthe Broncos, the entire 4th quarter against the Steelers, the TD to Chad in the 4th yesterday... it's all been amazingly clutch.

I didn't use the word before, but when he scrambled for the 1st down, I was screaming "No! What are you doing?" because it seemed like a horrible decision. Then I saw how much field was open, watched him pass that magical line and slide - and I turned to my girlfriend and said "That man has ice water in his veins. That was as clutch as it gets."

Ok, Carson has indeed turned himself into a leader beyond what those of us already claimed he was and for that, I am happy. Why ?? Because if not for that, this team would be in trouble. Some of that would be due to the fact Carson has looked off on his throws. Don't get me wrong, I'm not d*mning Carson here and he has his shots that look vintage Carson, but he has others that leave me scratching my head and no it's not dandruff.

I think his shots downfield are lacking the accuracy that has always been the mark of Carson. Overthrows, underthrows, or floaters, but there's just something that still isn't there for him. It can be worked, but if he was on as he use to be, these close games would be blowouts. I'm serious there BLOWOUTS. The wide passes that seem to just keep going wide and I'm not talking about throwing the ball away either.

I'll take what we've gotten to this point, because it equals 3-1, 2-0 in the division, and sitting in first place. However, if he makes more of those errant throws against Baltimore next week, it will get ugly fast.

Pull it together Carson, we should be killing people out there !!!

I think his shots downfield are lacking the accuracy that has always been the mark of Carson. Overthrows, underthrows, or floaters, but there's just something that still isn't there for him. It can be worked, but if he was on as he use to be, these close games would be blowouts. I'm serious there BLOWOUTS. The wide passes that seem to just keep going wide and I'm not talking about throwing the ball away either.

I'll take what we've gotten to this point, because it equals 3-1, 2-0 in the division, and sitting in first place. However, if he makes more of those errant throws against Baltimore next week, it will get ugly fast.

I don't think his accuracy is the real problem. That fade route he threw to Chad that was dropped was about as perfect as it gets. His throws are by and large still very accurate. When he goes deep, I think there is still a lot of rust there. Timing maybe? Not sure. He and Coles haven't been on the same page much, so I'm hoping that will just get better in time. Palmer's main problem is what it has always been. He's always been a little too willing to throw into coverage. Hid decision making in those situations hasn't improved much, but it's also rare enough that it hasn't been killer.

As far as it getting ugly against the Ravens... we said the same thing about the Steeler game. Palmer looked awful for most of that game, but managed to play well when he had to. And I think the Steelers defense is a lot scarier than the Ravens.

Timing maybe ?? I'll agree to that and also say that was the big concern from all of us with Carson missing so much time during the preseason, but we are now 4 games into the season and those timing issues should be about figured out, if not resolved. The decision making process is also a good point Derek and I meant to make mention of that as well, so thanks.

Saying, "I just can't explain it" seems to sum it up the best...

I think Carson has looked very Favre-esque this season, both good and bad. He's become clutch at the end, like Brett in his heyday, but he is gunslinging into tight coverage situations, often with bad results, also like Brett in his heyday. If he can get us a trophy, like Brett in his heyday, I'll take it.