Offensive and Defensive Game Balls?

icehole3

Mine has to go to Coleman on offense, ran great routes came thru in the clutch, honorable mention to Carson, horrid first but his second was Pro Bowl like. Defense JJoe, not sure if it was him or Hall who shut down Holmes all day but the pick six was beautiful, honorable mention was whoever shut down Holmes so I guess hall needs some love too.

HappyWave.gif

I'd have to go with Andre for Offense he made alot clutch catches himself for being a young WR who only had almost as much yards today then he did all of last season....Defense like you split between Hall & Joseph I'd say they share the honors because Jjoes pick for six is what started the turn around but he also gave up quite few plays and was lucky on the sweed drop...Vs Hall who locked down his side for the most part.

Seriously this guy was making the clutch catches...I love Caldwells eyes they remind me from crazy donny from my name is earl...

caldwell_andre.jpg

haywire.jpg

Mine has to go to Coleman on offense, ran great routes came thru in the clutch, honorable mention to Carson, horrid first but his second was Pro Bowl like. Defense JJoe, not sure if it was him or Hall who shut down Holmes all day but the pick six was beautiful, honorable mention was whoever shut down Holmes so I guess hall needs some love too.

HappyWave.gif

Who the hell is Coleman? :huh:

HappyWave.gif

Who the hell is Coleman? :huh:

sorry, I meant Caldwell, still a little hungover

I don't wanna be negative but does anyone else hate Brad St. Louis?

Well hes not off to a good start this year :| & he has just one roll don't ferk it up or we'll sick mora on you.

Yeah... St. Louis is going to be the bane of this team.

That said, if it wasn't for the missed extra point... the game would have gone into overtime. They would have kicked a FG on 4th and 10 rather than dumping it off to Leonard. So... the game ball goes to St. Louis!

Seriously though, I don't know who to give a game ball to. Carson showed a short memory after a godawful first half. Benson ran hard against a very good run defense. The O-Line played very well. Leonard and Caldwell were absolutely clutch. Team effort on offense. They all get game balls.

Offensive Game Ball: Andre "Bubba" Caldwell from.......da University of Florida, baby!!! Clutch catches and the future TJ.

Defensive Game Ball: JJoe, beautiful pick 6 that swung Mr. Mentum a.k.a. Maurice Mentum a.k.a. MoMentum

I don't wanna be negative but does anyone else hate Brad St. Louis?

Yes, yes and YES!

Offense can be any number of people... Carson, Caldwell, Leonard, Benson, Cook (yeah I said it)

Defense ?? This can go to a number of people as well and the d-line as a unit, but can we give one to Zimmer for adjusting the defense to what he was seeing the Pittsburgh offense do ?? I mean really, people are saying what a difference this or that makes, but allow me to add, "What a difference a real defensive coordinator makes" !!!

My game ball goes to the Oline, when it looked like they were overmatched in the 1st half, they came back in the 2nd half and gave CPalmer time to throw and made holes for CBenson...On D I give it to JJoesph for the TD, but overall the secondary didn't look that good to me, to many wide open WR's...

Offense can be any number of people... Carson, Caldwell, Leonard, Benson, Cook (yeah I said it)

Defense ?? This can go to a number of people as well and the d-line as a unit, but can we give one to Zimmer for adjusting the defense to what he was seeing the Pittsburgh offense do ?? I mean really, people are saying what a difference this or that makes, but allow me to add, "What a difference a real defensive coordinator makes" !!!

Cook did a great job only one play where saw him make mistake with casey...starting to think we need extend him now.

offense: brian leonard and bubba caldwell- without either, we lose the game.

defense: bruce arians (PIT OC) and limas sweed- arians had us bent over and gagged. and then he kept...giving..ahem..the ball to...umm...willie parker. thanks bruce.

(those who say jjoe gets the game ball...no, he gotten burned all day. it was a nice read on big ben for the pick-6, though)

Cook this year has been a great suprise so far, but i think the whole o-line deserves a game ball, they gave Benson holes to run, and held that great Pitt Defense to i think only 1 sack, but really gave Palmer great time at the end to throw to who he wanted. Coles also had a great game cant forget about him, he was droping balls the first game, and in this game had a drop, but when they needed him the most he came through, good to have you hear Coles.

Defense is hard your JJoe had that awsome pick 6, but he was getting burned all day, but Hall has been outstanding all year, so i guess maybe him, or maybe Rey just because i never seen somebody so tough, come back in after that injury just so he could help out the team. He is a true team player.

On offense, toss in another vote for the offensive line. By the fourth quarter, they physically dominated the Stealers. I don't know the last time I saw that from them against that team.

On defense, Leon Hall. For the third week in a row, he took the other team's number one receiver out of the game. Santonio Holmes? Not a factor.