Remember Clev. loss 45 - 51

walzav29

Our offense was a smooth running machine, but our defense was horrendous. Did you feel better about that loss? After that game did you feel, well our defense will turn around. How could it? They had nothing!!!! This offense has talent. Defense wins it boys. The offense will be coming around soon enough. Quit being soft! Playoffs are coming!!!!! I'll complain as much as anyone. Come on people. I'm telling you the offense will get better!

Wow you are really trying here, i dont think people are leaving this team this lose just happend and people are in shock. This game just took everything out of me today, the defense played great but was that because it was against a crappy offense, i guess next week will tell. This offense better get something going though, because they were just horrible. I do like your attitude, but man right now i have nothing left i was so excited, and then that last play, to bad the defense blew it at the end they played great all game.

the defense blew it at the end they played great all game.

No. They. Didn't.

Anyone who believes the defense blew it is, in my humble opinion, an idiot of the first order.

Set aside the Broncos score was a fluke play.

We scored SEVEN FREAKING POINTS.

You do not win in the NFL when you score 7 points.

The offense blew it. Blew it long and hard.

I will put my Bengals credentials against anyone on this board, and I am a football fanatic. My point is that if you just look at NFL teams. You will check the QB's 1st then the team. Palmer is right up there. The players are in top notch condition, but have not played with Palmer. We have to stick with this team through 4 weeks. I know we are battered fans, but this is a real team. If this was another team we'd be fine. We can look at this team the same way.

the defense blew it at the end they played great all game.

No. They. Didn't.

Anyone who believes the defense blew it is, in my humble opinion, an idiot of the first order.

Set aside the Broncos score was a fluke play.

We scored SEVEN FREAKING POINTS.

You do not win in the NFL when you score 7 points.

The offense blew it. Blew it long and hard.

True that. You can't hang this one on the defense.

Someone brighter than me (hokie) nailed it in the game thread. I am 39 in December. Only similarly improbable gut-punch loss level in the regular season that I have seen in my four decades of general despair was the 1987 stomach-punch loss to the 49ers 26-20. The Wyche-has-lost-his-mind loss. This was almost as bad.

Wow im not putting this one just on the defense, but the offense finally scores, and all the defense has to do is go out and stop them one last time and they didnt. I know it was a fluke play, but the safety was out of postion, but in no way am i just blaming the defense.....man come on you know me better then that! The offense sucked yes most of the blame should be put on them, and some on the great long snaper. So no im not just putting this lose on the defense.

Sorry if anyone's already mentioned this but why didn't Zimmer drop at least one D-Back a little farther back then usual with only 18 seconds left in the game? I understand that's a lot of time for the Broncos to make something happen but any other team (with common sense) would have dropped someone back in case of some crazy play were to happen. But what are the chances of that happening with on 18 seconds left? LOL!

Sorry if anyone's already mentioned this but why didn't Zimmer drop at least one D-Back a little farther back then usual with only 18 seconds left in the game? I understand that's a lot of time for the Broncos to make something happen but any other team (with common sense) would have dropped someone back in case of some crazy play were to happen. But what are the chances of that happening with on 18 seconds left? LOL!

Watch the play. There was someone deep. He came in to make the tackle on Marshall, the intended receiver.

You can play this out in your head a million ways... but when they review the film, there's not going to be players on defense getting chewed out for that play. Except maybe Dhani Jones for not being as fast as Stokley.

Our offense was a smooth running machine, but our defense was horrendous. Did you feel better about that loss? After that game did you feel, well our defense will turn around. How could it? They had nothing!!!! This offense has talent. Defense wins it boys. The offense will be coming around soon enough. Quit being soft! Playoffs are coming!!!!! I'll complain as much as anyone. Come on people. I'm telling you the offense will get better!

I have one confidence-sucking, deflating, ominous word for you...Bratkowski. The offense will get better indeed, but this man will continue to stifle it's potential. I haven't seen anything in the last 3 years to prove otherwise.

Someone brighter than me (hokie) nailed it in the game thread. I am 39 in December. Only similarly improbable gut-punch loss level in the regular season that I have seen in my four decades of general despair was the 1987 stomach-punch loss to the 49ers 26-20. The Wyche-has-lost-his-mind loss. This was almost as bad.

I was 11 years old and remember yelling to the TV..."just take a safety!!!" Worst coached game in Bengals history.

The offense definitely blew it yesterday, but anyone that expects them to score one touchdown per game all season long is absolutely delusional. They moved the ball well in the first half and in the fourth quarter, and without the improbable mistakes we were constantly making the game is a blowout. Improvement isn't something people should blindly pray for, it's freakin' likely.

Watch the play. There was someone deep. He came in to make the tackle on Marshall, the intended receiver.

You can play this out in your head a million ways... but when they review the film, there's not going to be players on defense getting chewed out for that play. Except maybe Dhani Jones for not being as fast as Stokley.

There are alot of what ifs out there. Every media guy keeps sayin this is Marvins/Zimmers fault for not having guys playin back further just in case something like this happened. Its just a shame that both safties went after Marshel, but what are you going to do it happened. It just sucks and gives you a bad feeling in your stomach still today.