We need to end the Carson Palmer experiment

JoePong

If he doesn't show he can finally get it done, it's time to find a new QB. He needs to start winning some matchups against supposedly "inferior" QBs. He needs to be able to convert enough to sustain drives long enough to put points on the board. He need to bne able to put the ball in the ednzone...something he hasn't done since 2005. Right now, he's the master of putting up passing yard stats, and that's about it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.

I have said that for years.

But I got banned for stating my opinion on Jesus Chri..err...Carson...a while back, so I better be quiet.

He's great!!!

Bax! You turd! Glad to see you floated back up to the top of the bowl.

Here's the thing. He led them to what should have been the winning touchdown. You have to also admit that.

OH COME ONE! He didn't do crap against a pathetic team that UC would beat until the last buck fifty of the game. This team is a mess, will always be a mess. I am tired of it. Marvin needs to go. They need a QB that can run/elude people. They need an O line that can stop their own shadow. This game was PATHETIC. Even if they had won it was PATHETIC. Denver is a mess of a team and they took it to the GALS. PATHETIC! But hey, lets not forget that Brown is making money with this team. "How we looking?" "NOT GOOD"

After today i am begining to lose faith in him, i will give him a couple more games, but wow that was just bad. The o-line gave him time today and still could only muster 1 drive at the end of the game for a TD. The recievers need to learn to catch the ball, but Palmer is just not the same guy. They gave him all this money and all he ever is, is hurt or is rusty because he dosnt play or is very inaccurate. So i hope to hell he comes back fired up and starts to make plays, but its getting annoying.

I didn't see the game live as my kid, thankfully it turns out, had a little league game. Remember my article on CP talking about death and maybe losing his nerve?

Honest question since I didn't see it. Is that how he looked today?

Nah, he just looked s**t. Not fearful or tentative. Slow and s**t just about covers it.

I didn't see the game live as my kid, thankfully it turns out, had a little league game. Remember my article on CP talking about death and maybe losing his nerve?

Honest question since I didn't see it. Is that how he looked today?

Nah. Just rusty & out of sync. O-line had a few bad moments but protection wasn't that bad overall. Penalties hurt. I counted at least half a dozen drops, with Coats & Coles the main offenders. If they are going to throw to the TE put Crash Dummy in.

Here's the thing. He led them to what should have been the winning touchdown. You have to also admit that.

OH COME ONE! He didn't crap against a pathetic team that UC would beat until the last buck 50 of the game. This team is a mess, will always be a mess. I am tired of it. Marvin needs to go. They need a QB that can run/elude people. They need a O line that can stop their own shadow. THis game was PATHETIC. Even if they had won it was PATHETIC. Denver is a mess of a team and they took it to the GALS. PATHETIC! But hey, lets not forget that Brown is making money with this team. "we we looking?" "NOT GOOD"

Mike Brown this Mike Brown that blah blah blah, where the hell are these guys coming from, 1 post and this is what you got, i think you the one who is pathetic. Man these guys are coming out of the wood works today wow

Yeah. I saw the whole game. Check my posts, and you will know my impatience with carson, new person.

That said, and to all who are screaming bile, with 92 yards to go, he led them on a Roethlisberger-esque drive. Put the ball in the end zone. Got them the lead, and left very little time on the clock. Discussion of his performance this game HAS to include that, along with a a s**t-TON of droped passes from his receivers.

He was far from perfect, but he wasn't what some of you are making out. The difference between he and Roeth in week 1? Luck. Steelers have it. Bengals don't.

OH COME ONE! He didn't do crap against a pathetic team that UC would beat until the last buck fifty of the game. This team is a mess, will always be a mess. I am tired of it. Marvin needs to go. They need a QB that can run/elude people. They need an O line that can stop their own shadow. This game was PATHETIC. Even if they had won it was PATHETIC. Denver is a mess of a team and they took it to the GALS. PATHETIC! But hey, lets not forget that Brown is making money with this team. "How we looking?" "NOT GOOD"

1 post trolls just coming out of the woodworks today.

Yeah. I saw the whole game. Check my posts, and you will know my impatience with carson, new person.

That said, and to all who are screaming bile, with 92 yards to go, he led them on a Roethlisberger-esque drive. Put the ball in the end zone. Got them the lead, and left very little time on the clock. Discussion of his performance this game HAS to include that, along with a a s**t-TON of droped passes from his receivers.

He was far from perfect, but he wasn't what some of you are making out. The difference between he and Roeth in week 1? Luck. Steelers have it. Bengals don't.

I agree with you in that few players on offense covered themselves in glory and of course the title of the thread is provocative. It could just be rust and he needs a couple of games to shake it off, which is depressing but not a catastrophe long term. The one drive was good. 92 yrd and a TD. That is the problem though. It was just one drive and that is flat out pathetic, especially for a QB of his talents. He was rarely helped out by his receivers when most needed and the running game was hit or miss with little consistency and so others take their share of the blame. Not to mention the ST (or more precisely Brad St. f**kface) screwed the pooch too. Apart from the D, an ugly game all round.

I am not a troll. I don't recall my last ID here from last year. I changed emails also and don't recall the old one to get the old info pulled back.

You all are the same folks that make excuses every year. Well it was this, or it was that. Come on. This has been going on since Mikes old man passed. It's the same old BS every year. It is always broke isn't it time to fix it? Carson is old now, can't run, is always rusty. Denver, a totally broken team found a way to win. Bengals with a fair amount of talent on both sides of the ball on paper, can't find a way not to lose. What will be your excuses at 0-4?

You're right Tim and you've come to the right place to ask these hard hitting questions. After all, our small merry band of anonymous posters in this little corner of the internetz have the power to change all this.

:lol:

Well I have nothing to say. Im a huge Palmer fan, and I really felt there were reasons for the poor performances the last 3 seasons, but the fact remains the guy missed last season and except for 3 drives all of preseason. This is supposed to be a new offense. I refuse to believe that the offense has no talent. Next week the Packers will score. Let's see if the Bengals can answer the bell.

I am not a troll. I don't recall my last ID here from last year. I changed emails also and don't recall the old one to get the old info pulled back.

You all are the same folks that make excuses every year. Well it was this, or it was that. Come on. This has been going on since Mikes old man passed. It's the same old BS every year. It is always broke isn't it time to fix it? Carson is old now, can't run, is always rusty. Denver, a totally broken team found a way to win. Bengals with a fair amount of talent on both sides of the ball on paper, can't find a way not to lose. What will be your excuses at 0-4?

Ya because he had so much time to get ready in that "one" Preseason game....It's not like Carson even had that bad of a game Drops & Penalties are what costed us drives....Carson had 250 yards & one INT off a ball chad tipped strait up in the air...Hardly seems worth benching your franchise QB over....I was happy to see above average Pass protection myself though Running to the right side was bit ugly.

Look, I'm no homer - by any means - but I don't know what the hell some of you are smoking. Penalties, 2 turnovers, line issues, and drops are what caused the problem. As of mid third quarter, they had 7 drops. Many of those hit open receivers square in the hands. Coles alone had 3.

I can't remember how many drives were stopped by a drop at the wrong time, or a bad penalty. I didn't see too many bad throws or bad decisions.

There's plenty of blame to go around today (Coles and Bratkowski are my two top targets), but #9 ain't it.

Look, I'm no homer - by any means - but I don't know what the hell some of you are smoking. Penalties, 2 turnovers, line issues, and drops are what caused the problem. As of mid third quarter, they had 7 drops. Many of those hit open receivers square in the hands. Coles alone had 3.

I can't remember how many drives were stopped by a drop at the wrong time, or a bad penalty. I didn't see too many bad throws or bad decisions.

There's plenty of blame to go around today (Coles and Bratkowski are my two top targets), but #9 ain't it.

The bottom line is that the whole O stunk. Palmer, Coles, the o-line, Coats, even Chad. Not all the time and not all at once, but as Roseanne Rosannadanna might say, "if it wasn't one thing, it was another."

This was widely feared given the lack of time the O had together in preseason. And, yeah, frankly the majority of the blame has to fall on Palmer, because he's the core of the O and he was the guy that missed all the time. If he had been out there the last couple of weeks, some of the rust and slowness we saw today would have been gone.

Every O is slow at the start of the season. It's a rule: the D is always ahead of the O. But if Palmer had a full preseason, then maybe the O gets going in Q3, not the tail end of Q4 (see the Pitt/Tenn game).

That's what that fuggin ankle tackle in preseason cost us. Oh well, at least Palmer took some shots today and still got up, so that's something...I guess.

This was widely feared given the lack of time the O had together in preseason. And, yeah, frankly the majority of the blame has to fall on Palmer, because he's the core of the O and he was the guy that missed all the time. If he had been out there the last couple of weeks, some of the rust and slowness we saw today would have been gone.

I don't see the mechanism. I didn't see rust and slowness. I saw drops. Are you saying that not playing with Carson causes receivers to drop passes that hit them in the hands? We're not talking missing routes. We're not talking blown reads. We're talking dropped passes.

Just like I don't give Trent Dilfer credit for leading the Ravens to the SB, I can't blame Carson for drops. These guys are pros; they can catch the damn ball.