Hard Knocks Link

jonahdsage

It's not a bad thing to make the practice squad. You make $88K/yr and with all the injuries there's a decent chance you'll make a roster by the end of the year. That being said, guys like Gus Parrish do need to find their life's work

they just said on the .com that the reason they waited to tell pressley and fui was so other teams had less time to pick them up on the waiver wire. That way we had a better chance of getting them on the practice squad.

Which makes since they wanted atleast one of them to clear...just glad he was able catch on somewhere....

I am still puzzled by them holding such confidence in Jeremi Johnson. Pressley cracks folks, seems sharp and smart and obviously was redy to play and in shape. I don't recall Jeremi hitting like that this preseason. Fui lookd pretty good as well. I am glad that Pressley got on the PS and Fui caught on with AZ.

This episode kept my attention with all the coaches discussions abot players, evaluations, opinions, etc. Look, this is not engineering a skyscraper or a space shuttle. Figuring out who you need to keep and make the team better has challenges, and some teams are better than others, but in this off-season, save Andre Simth's deal, I have been very impressed with what the Bengals have done with the roster, the draft, the deelopment and evaluation of talent (thanks Hard Knocks) and prepping for the regular season.

Maybe this is the year...

am still puzzled by them holding such confidence in Jeremi Johnson. Pressley cracks folks, seems sharp and smart and obviously was redy to play and in shape.

Didn't Willie Twitter about Mikey having a mancrush on Jeremie? Like the only thing I could think of is he is also solid at catching it and knows the playbook where in Pressley your only getting a blocker....Which is more then fine with me because the guy was awesome at it.

am still puzzled by them holding such confidence in Jeremi Johnson. Pressley cracks folks, seems sharp and smart and obviously was redy to play and in shape.

Didn't Willie Twitter about Mikey having a mancrush on Jeremie? Like the only thing I could think of is he is also solid at catching it and knows the playbook where in Pressley your only getting a blocker....Which is more then fine with me because the guy was awesome at it.

Mike Brown also has a "mancrush" on Chris Henry, and I am glad he does.

I am still puzzled by them holding such confidence in Jeremi Johnson.

That is a mystery. Jeremi's complete lack of devotion to any conditioning at all tells me one thing - he doesn't really care about football.

The show didn't show much of Jeremi after the first or second episode, so maybe he worked himself into shape. He was sucking wind week 1, that's for sure.

I couldn't be happier that Pressley made it through waivers. I feel Jeremi's headed for an injury, I'll guess hamstring or another knee, and having Pressley ready to jump in, with maybe a few more weeks of practice under his belt, is pretty reassuring.

I suspect they felt Pressley would make it through waivers, but neither Dorsey or Leonard would. So they went this way and kept all three, which I am happy about.

Ono other thing of note about that last episode. I laughed pretty hard when they showed Chad sitting there after the "No More Twitter" meeting. He was saying this was it, he'd have to stop, then he closed his phone, almost looking like he was going to start crying.

Hang in there Chad! There's always the traditional media, though it is disappointing that they can't interview you during the game.

Mike Brown also has a "mancrush" on Chris Henry, and I am glad he does.

Not sure what that means as it relates to this thread exactly, as Mike Brown also had a mancrush on Reggie Rembert at one time...

Does anyone really take anything Willie says seriously? The guy's had nothing good to say about this team since he was released.

Everyone keeps talking about how JJ has shown no effort this preseason, but wasn't Marvin praising him in a news conference lately for how he's really been working his tail off, etc.?

Marvin's not the type to praise a player to the media simply because Mike Brown has an apparent "mancrush" on him. He certainly hasn't been praising Chris Henry in a similar way.

Suffice it to say, I think JJ has put in a lot more work than most of us realize.

• 3 weeks later...

While I am not a big fan of reality shows in general, I must say that I really enjoyed the Hard Knocks series. After yesterday's victory, I really wish they would do some in-season updates throughout the season. Kinda follow some of the story lines from the first five episode. I would have loved to be in that locker-room yesterday evening.