Shayne does not equal Money

rwjcgc

Agreed this one kick is no big deal, but he's definitely not "money in the bank" or "automatic" at this point. I think many have stated that it's important

that this team come out of the gate well. Blowing easy kicks isn't the way to build morale and momentum.

Who knows, maybe he's just trying to build a case so Brown will let him leave.

Alright, I'm ready to hear Shayne's sis explain this one .

Dude, why are you always riding Shane's ass? Get over it already. He's not going anywhere and it was a meaningless kick in the first preseason game. If he starts missing them when they count, then start talking s**t, but for now leave him alone.

I think people are too quick to forget what kicking was like before Graham was here.

Breech, Pelfrey, Rackers....what are you saying...?

Rackers may have become a good kicker for Arizona, but he was horrible for us. He only made 66% of his field goals and missed three extra points in three seasons.

He only made 59% of his kicks in his first two seasons here. Do you seriously not remember how bad he was?

I think people are too quick to forget what kicking was like before Graham was here.

Rackers may have become a good kicker for Arizona, but he was horrible for us. He only made 66% of his field goals and missed three extra points in three seasons.

He only made 59% of his kicks in his first two seasons here. Do you seriously not remember how bad he was?

No kidding right? Rackers was not the kicker for the Bengals that he is for the Cardinals. Then again, it could have been the horrible kicking surface at PBS prior to the team installing the field turf in 2004. I do remember a lot of kickers missing kicks in the stadium prior to the new surface, but I still think Rackers could have done a lot better for us. That being said, I'm glad we have Shayne over him.

No kidding right? Rackers was not the kicker for the Bengals that he is for the Cardinals. Then again, it could have been the horrible kicking surface at PBS prior to the team installing the field turf in 2004. I do remember a lot of kickers missing kicks in the stadium prior to the new surface, but I still think Rackers could have done a lot better for us. That being said, I'm glad we have Shayne over him.

It WAS the kicking surface. Do you guys remember the middle of the field being covered in sand by Week 8 every year? It was terrible. Hard to kick arcurately when you plant your foot and it slides.

It WAS the kicking surface. Do you guys remember the middle of the field being covered in sand by Week 8 every year? It was terrible. Hard to kick arcurately when you plant your foot and it slides.

That field was awful, and it always made me mad that we had the brand new stadium but an ugly field to go with it. Very smart move for them to put in the field turf.....

Agreed this one kick is no big deal, but he's definitely not "money in the bank" or "automatic" at this point. I think many have stated that it's important

that this team come out of the gate well. Blowing easy kicks isn't the way to build morale and momentum.

oh, I see, you want bengalsis to explain why you are such a shortsighted a**h***

I am not sure any of us can explain that.

Why not ask your mama? Maybe she didn't breast-feed you long enough.

Or you could ask GroundhogDay, he is a well known mommy-stuff expert

oh, I see, you want bengalsis to explain why you are such a shortsighted a**h***

I am not sure any of us can explain that.

Why not ask your mama? Maybe she didn't breast-feed you long enough.

Or you could ask GroundhogDay, he is a well known mommy-stuff expert

Stupid thread/topic, but this is a bit much TJ, dontcha think?

I know that BengalSis is well-liked on this board and woe to the person who takes a playful jab at her. Shayne is obviously a talented kicker

but he sure has missed his share in the last couple seasons. I'm sure he isn't satisfied with missing these kicks.

Wow, TJ you have some anger issues. I wouldn't expect a message board post to get someone so worked up.

I know that BengalSis is well-liked on this board and woe to the person who takes a playful jab at her. Shayne is obviously a talented kicker

but he sure has missed his share in the last couple seasons. I'm sure he isn't satisfied with missing these kicks.

Wow, TJ you have some anger issues. I wouldn't expect a message board post to get someone so worked up.

I'm kind of annoyed myself. The only posts I ever read from you are posts calling for Graham to be let go. What's your beef with him?

Well look, if you start a thread calling on someone personally to justify themselves or their opinions it's likely to get a few posts questioning whether or not you look like a complete prick in the process.

As it stands, it comes off as though your real problem isn't Shayne missing a FG in a PS game but more with BengalsSis herself and her position of support for Shayne. It comes off that way, btw, because that is what your post was about.

A big macho, sorry, playful calling out of one poster to explain the actions of someone else.

Nice.

I have obviously treaded on hallowed ground by daring to bring up any shortcomings with the kicking game. I had no idea

that a little banter with BengalSis is off limits. It was all meant in fun. I'm sure anyone that publicly announces

they are related to a professional player takes some good natured ribbing based on their performance.

I'll see if I can come up with something bad to say about Ocho or the Brown family. That is more acceptable on this site.

You don't get it, do you?

It's one kick in the first pre-season game, and you give it the blanket term "short-coming"?

And you don't get why people are letting you know you are being putz-ish?

Alright, I'm ready to hear Shayne's sis explain this one .

I don't see any humor in there. Just the same bulls**t you always spew about Graham. I'm all for jokes, but that sure doesn't look like one to me.