We have a choice here

Chad Ochocinco - The X Man  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How will you respond to Chad Ochocinco from now till the end of the season

• Chad Ochocinco has my full support as a diehard Bengals fan who wants to see my team in the superbowl no matter how it happens.
    • Even after reading the recent article, I am not convinced. He has to prove himself to me.
    • I've heard Chad's recent words, and I'm still not happy to have him on this team. He's already tainted his reputation too much.

Alright y'all,

Here's Chad's most recent words about the current state of things.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/chad...bc-0e452ce3380b

As far as I see it, starting today, as fans, we have a choice to make.

I started this topic, so I'll give my two cents.

Starting today, I'm no longer wasting anymore energy watching and wondering. I am gonna blow the dust off of my Orange, #85 jersey, just like I'm gonna blow the dust off of my black #9 jersey.

Chad Ochocinco is an amazing receiver, and this season, he hasn't been in touch with anyone, which beats the hell out of last season when he was announcing to the world what he wanted.

So far, whether it was from the Dayton Daily news, the Cincinnati Enquirer, or Bengals.com, we've had nothing but pure speculation.

Well, Chad spoke, and he asked for our support.

Chad, this is 2009, and you're legally a new man. Until you show me this season that you don't deserve it, you've got my support. Let's get the Lombardi trophy to the jungle baby!

I don't like polls, because there always seems to be more options that were left out.

I am a die hard Bengals fan, but Chad only has my support as far as his success this season helps the team achieve it's goal. He doesn't have to prove sh*t to me. He needs to take responsibility for his actions (which he kind of did) and prove it on the field to his team mates. If he can do that, that's the proof for me. I won't say I'm NOT happy to have him on this team, but I'm not unhappy about it either. He's just another player to me and no longer the guy I think of first when speaking about the Bengals like I use to.

While I like his approach here, there are still things that don't sit well with me and this article still smacks of a me first kind of attitude. So Chad reads message boards huh ?? Well here you go Chad, I'm not mad at you any more (not that you ever cared) but here's all I want from you. Stop talking about how in shape you are and show it on the field, be the leader this team needs and try mentoring the young WR's on this team to make the team better and help you get the ring you desire. Stop talking about yourself in the third person and go show on the field everything your mouth is yammering on about.

Army... you beat me to the punch. I don't care for Chad, but I am a diehard Bengal fan and want them to succeed whether I like all the individual player personalities or not.

Chad doesn't need to prove himself to me. I make no decisions that effect his life, so what's it matter to him? Secondly, I don't like his personality, so no matter how well he plays, it seems unlikely that I'll all of the sudden warm up to him.

That said, my feelings about his personality have very little merit when it comes to his role on the team. If he's able to contribute to the team without being a cancer, then it doesn't really matter whether I'd get along with him or want to be friends with him.

As far as his tainted reputation... well - that's a fact. But there is a quick remedy to that, and ultimately I hope he helps lead the Bengals to a Super Bowl this season... meanwhile Coles, Henry, Caldwell, and Simpson are waiting in the wings for when Chad's trade value is reestablished.

A man can dream can't he?

LOL Hoosier LOL, he said he reads the message boards so lets see if he comes on here and talks to the people lol. In all honesty i loved Chad from the begining but he really did himself in last year, this team didnt need another cancer in the locker room and thats what he was. I understand he was mad sure we all get that way, but stop complaining and just do your job thats all he would of had to do and things would have been OK. So whatever im done with this im tired of hearing all the Chad talk, just come in and play the way you were playing in 2005 and before that and ill be ok with that. HI Chad!

Seems like your opinion of Mike Brown makes you a bitch.

Takes one to know one, right?

You betcha.

Frankly, that's why I come here. No one else will listen to me bitch all day... but most of the people here not only listen to it, but often join in. It's a virtual bitch haven. Don't take that from me.

How about the - I hope the Bengals do well whichever simpering millionaires are sent out there on game day - option?

If Chad does read forums, and this one is included, I don't know you and I don't care about you one way or the other. Just help the Bengals win please. Good health and so on and so forth.

Gee, so Fredo reads the boards, huh?

I got news for you loyal ocho supporters. If he is motivated to turn this around and have a 'chad' season, it's not because of you guys. You've proven you'll kiss his tail no matter what he does.

He wants to shut us 'haters' up. And you know what? I'm good with that. Chad, you actually read this, I hope you shut me up. I hope you have a come-back season and lead this team back to the postseason. And don't mess that up with a halftime meltdown.

I'll never be back on the chad-wagon. But if he acts like a Bengal, I'll treat him like a Bengal and root for his success, because of the team.

And JoePong, you were wrong. Fredo does have to prove something to me. Not because of me. Because of his own pride. If it brings us victories, I'm good with that too.

Go BENGALS!

i don't give a rip what chad j says right now. if he produces and shows some pride in himself and the team, cool. but right now, up his.

While I wouldn't say that I hate Noshow Finko, I have lost a little bit of respect and some credibility from him just because of last year's antics in trying to get traded...If you are a man, don't let your agent run you like a puppet, he is there to work for you, not the other way around, there is the right way to express your feelings and there is your way...I hope that he comes in this season and have the best year ever, but in the back of my mind, I still hold animosity towards him for being such an a++hole last year, when the team may have needed him more than they ever did...

I don't like polls, because there always seems to be more options that were left out.

I am a die hard Bengals fan, but Chad only has my support as far as his success this season helps the team achieve it's goal. He doesn't have to prove sh*t to me. He needs to take responsibility for his actions (which he kind of did) and prove it on the field to his team mates. If he can do that, that's the proof for me. I won't say I'm NOT happy to have him on this team, but I'm not unhappy about it either. He's just another player to me and no longer the guy I think of first when speaking about the Bengals like I use to.

While I like his approach here, there are still things that don't sit well with me and this article still smacks of a me first kind of attitude. So Chad reads message boards huh ?? Well here you go Chad, I'm not mad at you any more (not that you ever cared) but here's all I want from you. Stop talking about how in shape you are and show it on the field, be the leader this team needs and try mentoring the young WR's on this team to make the team better and help you get the ring you desire. Stop talking about yourself in the third person and go show on the field everything your mouth is yammering on about.

what he said.

I think this goes for everyone. We'll pull for him if he does great and hate him if he sucks. The difference with this is if we weren't all annoyed by his antics he would be embraced even after his career ends. Like Ickey Woods. He has become a Pickens type, but if he's doing great I'll pull for him.

FWIW--the true test of where Fredo stands in the public eye may be coming to light. According to PFT, his new 'Ochocinco' jersey hasn't even cracked the top hundred in jersey sales. Perhaps that may have something to do with his recent 'hard work and contrition'? Just a thought.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/09/...s-arent-moving/

FWIW--the true test of where Fredo stands in the public eye may be coming to light. According to PFT, his new 'Ochocinco' jersey hasn't even cracked the top hundred in jersey sales. Perhaps that may have something to do with his recent 'hard work and contrition'? Just a thought.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/09/...s-arent-moving/

Owning an "Ochocinco" jersey = TOOL

Sorry, but if I'm a bitch for disagreeing with the guys approach to the sport that pays him top dollar and being part of the problem as opposed to part of the solution, then all you blind faith supporters are a bunch of tools for purchasing that sorry ass jersey. Not only that, ochocinco doesn't even translate to the number 85. Just comical...

Oh yeah, good luck Chad...

Ewwwwwwwwwwww

from: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/chad...bc-0e452ce3380b

He also said he made another call Monday. To the man he simply calls "Number nine." The Ocho said he spoke to quarterback Carson Palmer for about "40 to 45 minutes" for the first time since the end of the season.

"I know people are trying to say we're mad at each other and all that, but we're good," he said. "We're like Brokeback Mountain. I'm going to be with Carson so much in July that I'm going to be the nanny (for his new twins).

I can't think of anyone in all of Cincinnati being pleased with the Brokeback Mountain reference -- except for (obviously) -- agreen