All things Ocho

Ok, to many of you, the topic of Chad 'Fredo' Ochocinco will never, EVER, go away, regardless of the fact he isn't currently (and surprisingly) not in the news.

I've started this thread so every Fredo horse can be beat to death, burial and decomposition. Enjoy it to your heart's content. My only request is this: leave Fredo out of every other thread. If something newsworthy happens with Fredo, go ahead and start a relevant thread. Otherwise, put Fredo here.

I'll start:

Boy, I hope Fredo doesn't drop an many passes this year.

Have fun.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started this thread so every Fredo horse can be beat to death, burial and decomposition.

I've always wondered about the origins of calling him 'Fredo', and the meaning behind it. I must have missed it. Care to explain?

Watch "The Godfather II"

Frederico "Fredo" Corleone is a fictional character in Mario Puzo's novel The Godfather. In the fictional universe of the novel and its film adaptation, he is the middle brother to Sonny (James Caan) and Michael Corleone (Al Pacino), elder brother to Connie (Talia Shire) and son of Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando), head of a powerful Mafia family.

Best known for being "dead" to his brother Michael Corleone thus the reference, Chad is "Dead" to gregstephens.

I used to love Chad, but once he become a cancer I throw away my 85 jersey and when he’s in the field, the offense is only with 10 players because he seems to be a third receiver and is obvious that Carson and Chad will never be in sync again. If he remains with the team, I would like to see him on the sideline and have an offence with 11 players.

Watch "The Godfather II"

Frederico "Fredo" Corleone is a fictional character in Mario Puzo's novel The Godfather. In the fictional universe of the novel and its film adaptation, he is the middle brother to Sonny (James Caan) and Michael Corleone (Al Pacino), elder brother to Connie (Talia Shire) and son of Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando), head of a powerful Mafia family.

Best known for being "dead" to his brother Michael Corleone thus the reference, Chad is "Dead" to gregstephens.

Couldn't have explained it better myself. Although it should be mentioned that Fredo was dead to Michael because he betrayed his brother Michael. That's how I've felt every since Fredo helped implode the playoff game. Three seasons of being a prick and a now-subpar receiver only cements my feelings on the matter.

Several of us refuse to address Fredo by his name (whatever it may be at any given time), with the exception of armybengal, who refers to him as Chad, but usually prefaced with a certain expletive directive.

Other nicknames include: Ocho Sucko, Ocho Droppo, Ocho Douchebag, Mr. Bojangles, The Artist Formerly Known as Chad Johnson, The Player, Junior (with variant The Player's "Junior") and the Grill. Feel free to submit your own nickname. We never tire.

Also, I'm going to take my 85 C. Johnson jersey and have it customized with 'Fredo', so anyone that sees it at PBS, it's either me or one of you guys that have stolen my idea. :D. Feel free to say howdy.

After seeing a new Chad thread had been started my first thought was...."Greg's going to be mad."

Then I glanced to the right to see who had started the thread.

:lol:

I figured I needed to give Walzav and AGreen a forum, as I don't wish to eliminate the topic altogether, just keep it contained from other, clearly non-Fredo threads. We can still bash and have a good time.

I once thought he was amongst the best things to ever hit Cincinnati

Then he made Rosenturd his agent

Things went to hell in a handbasket quickly after that, both on AND off the field

Current feeling: he sucks, and I cannot wait to be rid of him. If Ocho Droppo remains in a Bengals uniform this year (probably for salary cap reasons), please leave him on the bench and only play him on offense if he shows he is a professional by producing on special teams. Yeah, special teams.

For Greg: other variants include: Ocho Stinko, Mucho Promoto, Fi Dolla, The Golden Child, and Princess Chad.

I once thought he was amongst the best things to ever hit Cincinnati

Then he made Rosenturd his agent

Things went to hell in a handbasket quickly after that, both on AND off the field

Current feeling: he sucks, and I cannot wait to be rid of him. If Ocho Droppo remains in a Bengals uniform this year (probably for salary cap reasons), please leave him on the bench and only play him on offense if he shows he is a professional by producing on special teams. Yeah, special teams.

Dude, I would give anything to see Fredo relegated to special teams. Let him return punts. He's got the hands (NOT) and isn't afraid to take a hit (BWAA HAA HAA).

After seeing a new Chad thread had been started my first thought was...."Greg's going to be mad."

I figured I needed to give Walzav and AGreen a forum, as I don't wish to eliminate the topic altogether, just keep it contained from other, clearly non-Fredo threads. We can still bash and have a good time.

No further explanation was required as your first post made everything very clear. This is a dumping ground.

Still, it did make me laugh.

And I do like the idea of making an unofficial list of all Chadwickian nicknames....starting with Flava Flav.

And I do like the idea of making an unofficial list of all Chadwickian nicknames....starting with Flava Flav.

And I suspect we will get some good new ones as the day goes on. Forgot about old Flav, though.

No further explanation was required as your first post made everything very clear. This is a dumping ground.

Still, it did make me laugh.

Personally, I'm partial to Urkel based on his superbowl interview with the gigantic glasses. I'm still looking for a grab of that somewhere as it seemed so ridiculous I have moments where I think I dreamed it.

Fi Dolla

Would that now be Cinco Pesos?

Naw

There was a graphic a year or so back showing Chad in his 85 jersey with his head turned around showing his big gold donkey teeth, and giving a hiphop type gesture....the "8" had been replaced with a dollar sign, and the accompanying explanation said something about him going on tour with Fifty Cent as "Fi Dolla"

I cannot locate the graphic, unfortunately

Fi Dolla

Would that now be Cinco Pesos?

Naw

There was a graphic a year or so back showing Chad in his 85 jersey with his head turned around showing his big gold donkey teeth, and giving a hiphop type gesture....the "8" had been replaced with a dollar sign, and the accompanying explanation said something about him going on tour with Fifty Cent as "Fi Dolla"

I cannot locate the graphic, unfortunately

Alright, but we need a new nickname based on his latest photo with Spike Lee...with Fredo wearing bright pink pants and a brown cardigan. Anyone got that photo they can slap up here?

I sometimes referred to him as Our Prom Queen.

Yeah, about that. It's probably not your best work.

That said, I'm still a huge fan and I always laugh whenever I think back to my favorite post from the Super Bowl thread.

"Faith Hill, get a boob job already for christsake."

Fredo?

Chad is following a pattern started long ago in Bengaldom.

If Chad is Fredo, then he is just the next in line of a bunch of other "Fredos."

TJ

Dillon

Spikes

Lee Johnson

Pickens

All these guys went through the same progression of thought. Came here with passion, had it slowly drained out of them, year after mind numbing year of losing seasons. Then when it starts to be the tail end of their careers, they start to want more than just a paycheck. They want a ring. They want the playoffs. They want to play for a winning program.

When they realize that a winning program is not in place here, and that there are no plans for change, then they panic and try to get out any way they can. They all get out eventually, some sooner than others.

Basically, they get sick of the non-stop losing, then complain about it and say they want out. Then fans call them "Fredo." :rolleyes:

I sometimes referred to him as Our Prom Queen.

Yeah, about that. It's probably not your best work.

Probably not. But your post putting my prom queen nickname and Faith Hill in the same post got me thinking. So I looked it up, and per some website that gives a crap about weak hillbilly music (CountryMusicPerformers.com), Faith Hill was indeed the prom queen at her high school:

"As a big-haired high school brunette, she scheduled singing gigs at fairs and churches around her duties as prom queen and cheerleader."

You mention my prom queen nickname, and Faith Hill, and it turns out she is a prom queen. That makes you, HOF, some sort of soothsayer/prophet/shaman type thing that can control events with your posts.

So please put up a post with my name in it and mention like a million dollars or something. If that's asking too much, put my name in it and mention a wife who actually knows how to make real lasagna, because that hamburger helper version is getting damn old. Seriously, I've about had it.

So, in summary; my name, a million bucks, or in the alternative, a wife who can make lasagna right.

Fredo?

Chad is following a pattern started long ago in Bengaldom.

If Chad is Fredo, then he is just the next in line of a bunch of other "Fredos."

TJ

Dillon

Spikes

Lee Johnson

Pickens

All these guys went through the same progression of thought. Came here with passion, had it slowly drained out of them, year after mind numbing year of losing seasons. Then when it starts to be the tail end of their careers, they start to want more than just a paycheck. They want a ring. They want the playoffs. They want to play for a winning program.

When they realize that a winning program is not in place here, and that there are no plans for change, then they panic and try to get out any way they can. They all get out eventually, some sooner than others.

Basically, they get sick of the non-stop losing, then complain about it and say they want out. Then fans call them "Fredo." :rolleyes:

No, no, no. Had you read my post explaining when Fredo became Fredo to me, you would realize your folly here.

He didn't get sick of the non-stop losing. He was in a playoff game, leading at halftime, then went off in Ocho fashion and helped ensure--guess what--losing the game.

Then, for three seasons, he helped ensure the team was back to non-stop losing with his exploits and crappy play on the field. Look at his stats, study his games. He helped us become losers once again.

He can complain all he wants, but he is a big part of why the team went from playoff, offensive powerhouse to--well--the Bengals again. He is dead to me, and will always be. We can win the Super Bowl, he can be the MVP, I'll give him his props, but he is still Fredo.

This isn't a fickle fan comment, as I've bled Orange through good and bad. It's a 'I'm tired of this clown' comment. You can join agreen in defending this turd, but history doesn't lie.