Maybe MBrown finally gets it...

HoTbOy

After watching the draft unfold these past 2 days, and the Bengals really helping themselves on both sides of the football along with the FA signings, I am inclined to believe that MBrown may have let MLewis do it his way and get players that he wanted/needed...Maybe he is letting MLewis finally be the face of this team like he said he was going to when he hired him, we all know the MLewis was undermined in various ways with player decisions and what not...Maybe all are bitching about MBrown caught someones attention who knows, but I hope that he is letting MLewis buy the groceries in order to cook it his way...I'm very excited about this upcoming year...

Yeah maybe,

or maybe the extraordinary amount of activity in the off season and "lack of constructive input" for want of a better phrase, has more to do with the plummeting seat sales, merchandising and corporate sponsorship. I'm sure that would help mikey to "get it". Either way I'll take it.

On a side note, is it possible that mike gets an annual bubble bonus as well. :D

Thinking about it after listening to the post draft conversation, it would appear the Dallas Cowboys had a draft we are so use to having.

Being that they had someone that was within a few picks that they would love to get only to have someone else pick them and have to settle for someone that just filled the slot. It didn't seem they got who they wanted, but some appeared to work out for them.

I'm FIRMLY in the camp that we just got lucky as hell that the players we got fell to us without having to move up.

I mean really, was the pick of Maualuga that hard to figure out regardless of your want for him ??

Yeah maybe,

or maybe the extraordinary amount of activity in the off season and "lack of constructive input" for want of a better phrase, has more to do with the plummeting seat sales, merchandising and corporate sponsorship. I'm sure that would help mikey to "get it". Either way I'll take it.

On a side note, is it possible that mike gets an annual bubble bonus as well. :D

I think the concession boycott last year might have worked some. I'm a season ticket holder and there was a planned concession boycott for the second half of last season because (according to information from the guy that orchestrated the boycott through the media) Mike Brown gets to keep 100% of the concession profits, so it really hurts him when people don't buy food and beer. There were a bunch of people that completely quit buying stuff.

If we can cost him about 3 million a year, it would actually be profitable for him to hire a GM, so people start buying concessions again.

Long story short, don't buy beer and food at the games you attend.

Yeah maybe you guys are right about losing $ at the concession stands, that had to be a wakeup call to lost that much $...Well if that works hey I'm all for it...

I think the concession boycott last year might have worked some.

Nice dream. But compared to the jack Mike Brown gets from revenue sharing, his profit from concessions is a drop in the bucket.

A couple million dollars? Maybe? Heck if concessions sales are down, Mike Brown will just have to increase that GM bonus he gives himself now won't he.... ;)

Are you quite done kneeling at the feet of Emporer Brown and kissing his nutsack?

The more likely scenario here is as follows

SoaG: So here's who I plan to pick this weekend

Marvin: I don't think so

SoaG: What? You are supposed to serve my every need as a good servant should

Marvin: Yeah, whatever, it aint happening, old man

SoaG: You're under contract!

Marvin: Yeah, and unless you start letting me run these drafts to get the players *I* will be coaching, I will be out the door the second it expires.

SoaG: *gibbers incredulously*

Marvin: and you'll never again be able to hire a coach with my credentials. You'll hire the next yes man, the next Dave Shula. You want a shot at winning, you need me, and if you need me, you stay out of the draft room.

SoaG: *foams at the mouth, clutching with one hand at his chest, the other to his desk drawer for his heart medicine*

Marvin: *exits*

Are you quite done kneeling at the feet of Emporer Brown and kissing his nutsack?

The more likely scenario here is as follows

SoaG: So here's who I plan to pick this weekend

Marvin: I don't think so

SoaG: What? You are supposed to serve my every need as a good servant should

Marvin: Yeah, whatever, it aint happening, old man

SoaG: You're under contract!

Marvin: Yeah, and unless you start letting me run these drafts to get the players *I* will be coaching, I will be out the door the second it expires.

SoaG: *gibbers incredulously*

Marvin: and you'll never again be able to hire a coach with my credentials. You'll hire the next yes man, the next Dave Shula. You want a shot at winning, you need me, and if you need me, you stay out of the draft room.

SoaG: *foams at the mouth, clutching with one hand at his chest, the other to his desk drawer for his heart medicine*

Marvin: *exits*

About how I played it in my head.

I've read Mike hasn't even had a nutsack since 1998.

But why am I telling you this? After all, weren't you directly involved in the unfortunate two-day long teething accident that cost the man both of his testes?

The more likely scenario here is as follows....

More imaginary noodlings from you? So is this your new thing?

Not that I'm complaining, as the fake crap you write seems slightly less stupid than your more conventional posts.

Well.....

I think you know that I, like most other Bengal fans, look forward to the eventual passing of Son-of-a-Genius like Cubs fans look forward to winning the World Series, and yes, I will count it as one of the happiest days of my life when I hear that he has left this earth for greener pastures. I will be dancing in the freaking streets. I will take the week off to party.

You on the other hand seem to actually be snuggling up inside the guys walmart-sourced shorts

So.....we couldn't be further apart on this

In any case, your imaginings that Mike Brown had everything to do with this draft are no more grounded in demonstratable fact than my imaginings that he has absolutely nothing to do with it. I simply find the latter more plausible based on the results, and it would appear I am not the only one.

SoaG knows money, and he knows law. He knows how to change the oil on his 83 Lumina. He does not know in any way, shape, or form how to perform any football-related aspect of the job for which he pays himself kingly bonuses for year upon year of utter, abject, and nigh-endless failure.

Well.....

I think you know that I, like most other Bengal fans, look forward to the eventual passing of Son-of-a-Genius like Cubs fans look forward to winning the World Series, and yes, I will count it as one of the happiest days of my life when I hear that he has left this earth for greener pastures. I will be dancing in the freaking streets. I will take the week off to party.

I hope when Mike passes on you and your ilk do choose to dance drunk in the streets. Because who knows, before the night is over many of you might end up sharing a slab with Mike.

In any case, your imaginings that Mike Brown had everything to do with this draft are no more grounded in demonstratable fact than my imaginings that he has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I've never claimed Mike had everything to do with this draft. However, I can point to Marvin's remarks about how he and Mike put the Bengals draft board together without the help of other coaches, as well as Marvin's admission that he doesn't have the final say in which players are actually drafted. Furthermore, Lewis remarked about how the Bengals phone was ringing off the wall with trade offers when they were on the clock at #38, but Mike insisted they stay true to their board and draft Maualuga. So forgive me if point out how full of s**t you are when you claim you're rant is as fact based as mine. In fact, if it weren't for the stuff you make up you wouldn't have much to say at all, right?

I simply find the latter more plausible based on the results, and it would appear I am not the only one.

Should I be impressed with your popularity amongst stupid people?

SoaG knows money, and he knows law. He knows how to change the oil on his 83 Lumina.

Yeah, and you know how to make stuff up when you're not repeating jokes we've all heard a million times. So why should I care if you give the Bengals draft an A in one breath and in the next whine and bitch about how they accomplished it?

Smallest and most inept scouting department in the entire NFL, right?

I've been getting a good laugh the last few days, but finally had to ask...

You guys don't really think Mike Brown makes the picks do you?

Sure he might have some input on the first round, but that's it.

Do you guys really think Marvin had someone else he was ready to take last year in Round 2 and Mikey comes running into the room yelling, "What just a minute...I'm the boss and we're taking the WR from Coastal Carolina!"....LOL!!!!!

If Mike Brown was really making the picks we would have had a lot better drafts around here (atleast in our eyes). Mikey's not a football guy...he's never been a football guy (his daddy was). If he was making the picks, he'd go by the Kiper's and Pro Football Weekly's of the world, hence...he'd be drafting guys right were we thought he should because we're not football people with inside sources so we make our judgements based on what ESPN or Pro Football Weekly etc say.

Marvin dropped the ball on Perry, Ratliff, Miller, etc. Keep believing Mikey made the picks if it helps you sleep...but it's a complete joke.

Keep believing Mikey made the picks if it helps you sleep...but it's a complete joke.

I doubt anyone sleeps better at night thinking about Mike Brown making draft picks, but last time I checked he owns the team and pays himself a bonus in exchange for his GM duties. So I guess you can keep telling yourself he has no involvement. And I guess you can keep telling yourself Marvin Lewis likes to go on national television spouting off about how little control he sometimes has. Or keep ignoring how nearly every head coach who has ever served time here has stated that Mike Brown typically allows them to make most of the draft decisions, but not if they're high 1st round picks.

Bruce Coslet said flat out that Mike Brown forced Akili on him, right? So we bitch about Mike, and it's fair to do so. But Marvin Lewis has admitted Mike Brown had made the decision to draft Carson Palmer prior to that seasons Senior Bowl, and that while he agreed with the choice he admitted it wasn't his decision to make. And to answer the question you asked in your post, yeah....I'm guessing Mike Brown was the one who is most responsible for Jerome Simpson becoming a Bengal. After all, there was that whole Chad thing going on.

No, no, no, no, no.

Hair does not kiss, lick, fondle, teabag or otherwise covet Mikey’s nuts.

Hair is Mikey’s nuts.

At some point -- I guess 50 or so years back -- Mikey’s nuts realized they were attached to a lawyer and, cognizant of the legendary seed they carried, decided this simply wasn’t acceptable.

So, one night, while Mikey slept, his nuts simply detached themselves, stole his wallet, marched out the door and bought a plane ticket to southern California.

They had a good time. Got drunk. Banged hot chicks (why do you think USC has a good football program?) Spent some time in the Marines. Starred in a b-movie. Got busted for blow and did six month pumping iron in the joint. Lotsa stuff.

Finally they settled down, got married and bought some dogs. They amuse themselves by playing fetch with themselves as the ball(s). They’re tough nuts to crack.

And then they discovered the internet. So here we are. You. Me. Mikey’s nuts.

Karma, I tell ya.

Keep believing Mikey made the picks if it helps you sleep...but it's a complete joke.

I doubt anyone sleeps better at night thinking about Mike Brown making draft picks, but last time I checked he owns the team and pays himself a bonus in exchange for his GM duties. So I guess you can keep telling yourself he has no involvement. And I guess you can keep telling yourself Marvin Lewis likes to go on national television spouting off about how little control he sometimes has. Or keep ignoring how nearly every head coach who has ever served time here has stated that Mike Brown typically allows them to make most of the draft decisions, but not if they're high 1st round picks.

Bruce Coslet said flat out that Mike Brown forced Akili on him, right? So we bitch about Mike, and it's fair to do so. But Marvin Lewis has admitted Mike Brown had made the decision to draft Carson Palmer prior to that seasons Senior Bowl, and that while he agreed with the choice he admitted it wasn't his decision to make. And to answer the question you asked in your post, yeah....I'm guessing Mike Brown was the one who is most responsible for Jerome Simpson becoming a Bengal. After all, there was that whole Chad thing going on.

I said he had input on the 1st Round. 1st Round is the money round, and QB is the money position. He's not involved with the rest of the picks (other then things like they probably ran the RB's rap sheet across him for permission to take him). Marvin's spouting off about lack of control was over Chris Henry...a free agent...not a draft choice from a later round.

And speaking of the glorious revolution, am I the only one here who would very happily hunt down and strangle or beat to death every single one of those miserable f**ks posting on WhoDeyRevolution?

<_<

Don't get me wrong, I think what they are doing at WDR is pointless, due to revenue sharing.

But the "fans" that seems to have such venom for these guys at WDR for having the audacity to be frustrated at the turd Mike Brown rolls out every year... THOSE are the worst "fans" of all.

Because they don't really care if the Bengals win or lose. "They have fun either way," they say. "so why all the negativity?"

Cheerleaders, basically. :teletubbies:

But the "fans" that seems to have such venom for these guys at WDR for having the audacity to be frustrated at the turd Mike Brown rolls out every year... THOSE are the worst "fans" of all.

Hmmm...two days after the draft...right on schedule.

Let the annual battle of the die-hards versus the fed-ups begin.

Sigh.

[Hmmm...two days after the draft...right on schedule.

Sigh.

Glad you're back. This is one die-hard reporting for duty. From Mike Brown's nut sack. Forecast here is for continued atrophy with eventual shriveling, though there are rumors of an impending encounter with an underage Asian female in a handjob house behind a truckstop on I-75 (word is Mike found a coupon on Craig's List). Sure, it's cheap and sleazy, but everyone here is going to avoid that negativity and just enjoy the experience.

Sigh.

Wow, Hoosier's back.

Welcome, welcome welcome.

Mediocrity has found it's voice again.

As for the battle being rejoined, let me get you started, Hoosier.

A very good draft by all accounts, right?

In fact, a great draft in the minds of a few.

But let's not give credit when credit is due, right?

No, heaven forbid that ever happen around here.

Because too much is at stake. The revolution must go on.

Instead, let's hear some wet blanket drippings about blind squirrels finding nuts in their own mouths, broken clocks showing the correct time twice a day, or an idiot rant about how the owner of the team is responsible for everything despite being uninvolved in anything.

Because obviously it was all a simple matter of luck.

That about it?

:lol:

EDIT: I just read Hoosier's draft review. In short, he couldn't be more pleased. An awesome draft. In fact, he writes thow the Bengals could have stopped drafting after two picks and he would have been happy.

Seems to me if he gave credit where it was due he's guilty as anyone of having an old mans nuts in his mouth.

Sigh.

Wow, Hoosier's back.

Welcome, welcome welcome.

Mediocrity has found it's voice again.

As for the battle being rejoined, let me get you started, Hoosier.

A very good draft by all accounts, right?

In fact, a great draft in the minds of a few.

But let's not give credit when credit is due, right?

No, heaven forbid that ever happen around here.

Because too much is at stake. The revolution must go on.

Instead, let's hear some wet blanket drippings about blind squirrels finding nuts in their own mouths, broken clocks showing the correct time twice a day, or an idiot rant about how the owner of the team is responsible for everything despite being uninvolved in anything.

Because obviously it was all a simple matter of luck.

That about it?

:lol:

I thought it quite funny and also a bit interesting that a reporter tried to prod Marvin a bit. When talking to Marvin about the good draft he asked if Marvin was getting to finally call the shots, Marvin replied that he had a voice but that Mike Brown ultimately made the finally decision. He also said that many times per week Marvin would sit down one on one with Mike Brown to discuss the team.

So which is it? Is Marvin finally getting more say, and just trying to protect Mike Brown by saying that he still makes the final decision, or has Mike Brown actually gotten more football intelligence?

Mike Brown is, always has been, and always will be - an absolute moron when it comes to football matters

Tax issues? genius

Legal Issues? genius

How to spend the cap floor every year and not a dime more? genius

How to screw Hamilton County Taxpayers? genius

Football-related matters? moron

No, I do not believe any credit for this draft is due to him, except credit for getting out of the way. Mike is at his best when he removes himself from football matters.