Bengals to offer Franchise Tender to Jeanty

HAPPYJAQ

Looks like the Bengals are offering the 2nd round tender to Rashad Jeanty.

Another good move by the squad.

Rashad is very good against the run and is developing into one of the leaders on defense. I hope they get Brandon Johnson done, too. B.J. was one of the top LB's in the conference last year in tackles per game after he came in for Rivers and made a lot of big plays last year.

I would like to see a Jeanty, Rivers, Johnson lineup at LB next year, with Blackstock and Dhani the top reserves.

Long link (or internet dummy):

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/s....cincinnati.com

What I want to know is who the hell is Ed Block, and why does he warrant giving away some kind of Courage Award? :huh:

FROM THE AWARD WEBSITE - Who is Ed Block?

The courage award concept was initiated by Ernie Accorsi, a highly respected NFL executive who currently serves as president of the New York Giants.

Thanks bf943. He had me at his Purple Heart.

In bringing back Jeanty and Johnson, I think it's safe to say they're out of the Rey-Rey sweepstakes unless he's still there at #38.

Jeanty is a good player. He plays hurt too, does real well on special teams. Since he was a restricted FA, I assumed he'd be back. Vilma would look good beside him, but that is a hookah dream.

In bringing back Jeanty and Johnson, I think it's safe to say they're out of the Rey-Rey sweepstakes unless he's still there at #38.

Jeanty is a good player. He plays hurt too, does real well on special teams. Since he was a restricted FA, I assumed he'd be back. Vilma would look good beside him, but that is a hookah dream.

Agreed. I haven't even thought about getting Vilma on this team once in the last 2 months. It just won't happen.

I think that Vilma isn't the same player he was prior to the injury. It's a reason he's about to play for his 3rd team in 3 years. People aren't even discussing him as a highly coveted UFA anymore.

Speaking of oldies but goodies at MLB, NFL Network is saying that Ray Lewis has been telling DeMarcus Ware every week since the Pro Bowl that he wants to play in Dallas next year. Getting him out of the division would be sweet! If he does go to Dallas, the Bengals might not ever have to play against a Ray Lewis team again, unless it's in the Super Bowl.