HoosierCat

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, joy.

BENGALS KEEPING CHAD

Posted by Mike Florio on November 23, 2008, 1:47 p.m. EST

At a time when some are wondering whether receiver Chad Johnson’s recent antics at a Wednesday night meeting might have been enough to prompt the Bengals to move on, don’t count on it happening.

Per Charley Casserly of CBS, the Bengals plan to bring Johnson back in 2009.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that, since his deactivation for Thursday night’s game, Johnson has been on his best behavior

“He has been on his best behavior,”a team source told Glazer. “It’s probably the best he’s ever been here, or at least since his first year or so. He’s been unbelievable.”

I hate this team.

Oh, joy.

BENGALS KEEPING CHAD

At a time when some are wondering whether receiver Chad Johnson’s recent antics at a Wednesday night meeting might have been enough to prompt the Bengals to move on, don’t count on it happening.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that, since his deactivation for Thursday night’s game, Johnson has been on his best behavior

“He has been on his best behavior,”a team source told Glazer. “It’s probably the best he’s ever been here, or at least since his first year or so. He’s been unbelievable.”

I hate this team.

Unbelievable. I feel like Mike Brown is spitting in my face. It seems like there is one person in all of Bengaldom, including the team, the front office, and the fan base, that wants to keep Chad.

Oh, joy.

BENGALS KEEPING CHAD

I hate this team.

Unbelievable. I feel like Mike Brown is spitting in my face. It seems like there is one person in all of Bengaldom, including the team, the front office, and the fan base, that wants to keep Chad.

I still hear people saying Marvin is the problem but all I gotta say is.....FU MIKE BROWN FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FUF UFU FU FU FU FU FU FUF

Now to Olly Williams for the Black-U report:

……………………..„--~~""”¯¯””~~-„

…………………..„-~”:::::::::::::::::::::::::”~,

……………….„~”\,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::”-,

…………….../;;;;;;|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\

……………..|;;;;;;;/:::::::””~~--::::::::::::::-~~”::\

……………./”~,;;/:::::::/¯¯¯¯¯’\:::::::::::/’¯¯¯¯’\

…………….\ º: ¯::::::::\ . .. • . .,/:::::::::::\„ .. • .. ,/

……………/’::::::::::::::::”~~~~”::::/””~:::’”~~~”’\,

………….../:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::’\,__„„/’:::::::::::’\

…………..|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::„----„_„---,::::::::::\

…………..|::::::::::::::::::::::::::/’;;;;;;;;;;;/:::::::::::::::::::|.........Olly William says:FU MR.BROWN

………..„~”\:::::::::::::::::::::::::\__;;;;;;;\--„::::::::::::::/

……..,-“;:;\ .\,::::::::::::::::::::::::’\„_¯¯¯„-“:::::::::::::/

….„~”;:\;:;:;\, .”~„::::::::::::::::::::::::¯¯¯:::::::::::::,-“;\

.,~”;:;:;:;\;:;:;:”-, . ”~--„:::::::::::::~--„„___„„~“::::„-‘.|;:'\”~-„

“;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:;:;:;”-, . . .”~~---„„„„_______„„„--~” / |;:;:’\;:;”-,

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\____;:;”-, ~-„ . . . . . . . . /;;;;;’\, . . .,/ . |;:;:,~”;:;:;”-,

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;/;:;:;:;”~, “~-„_ . . . /„;;;;;;;/”-„~” . . |;:;:”~„;:;:;:;’\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . .¯”~-’ . “~,;;;’\ . . . . .|;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;’\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~--„;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . . . .|;;;;;;’\ . . . |;:;:;:;/;:;:”~,;:;:\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~--„;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . |;;;;;;;;’\, . .|;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;’\;:;:\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:;:”~„ .|;;;;;;;;;;;”~,|;:;:;/;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:”~„;;;;;;;;;;;;/;:;,/’;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;”~„;;;;;;/;:,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:'\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~-„’\,;/ ,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:|

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:¯\„/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:|

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:o;:;:;:;

Now to Olly Williams for the Black-U report:

……………………..„--~~""”¯¯””~~-„

…………………..„-~”:::::::::::::::::::::::::”~,

……………….„~”\,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::”-,

…………….../;;;;;;|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\

……………..|;;;;;;;/:::::::””~~--::::::::::::::-~~”::\

……………./”~,;;/:::::::/¯¯¯¯¯’\:::::::::::/’¯¯¯¯’\

…………….\ º: ¯::::::::\ . .. • . .,/:::::::::::\„ .. • .. ,/

……………/’::::::::::::::::”~~~~”::::/””~:::’”~~~”’\,

………….../:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::’\,__„„/’:::::::::::’\

…………..|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::„----„_„---,::::::::::\

…………..|::::::::::::::::::::::::::/’;;;;;;;;;;;/:::::::::::::::::::|.........Olly William says:FU MR.BROWN

………..„~”\:::::::::::::::::::::::::\__;;;;;;;\--„::::::::::::::/

……..,-“;:;\ .\,::::::::::::::::::::::::’\„_¯¯¯„-“:::::::::::::/

….„~”;:\;:;:;\, .”~„::::::::::::::::::::::::¯¯¯:::::::::::::,-“;\

.,~”;:;:;:;\;:;:;:”-, . ”~--„:::::::::::::~--„„___„„~“::::„-‘.|;:'\”~-„

“;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:;:;:;”-, . . .”~~---„„„„_______„„„--~” / |;:;:’\;:;”-,

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\____;:;”-, ~-„ . . . . . . . . /;;;;;’\, . . .,/ . |;:;:,~”;:;:;”-,

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;/;:;:;:;”~, “~-„_ . . . /„;;;;;;;/”-„~” . . |;:;:”~„;:;:;:;’\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . .¯”~-’ . “~,;;;’\ . . . . .|;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;’\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~--„;:;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . . . .|;;;;;;’\ . . . |;:;:;:;/;:;:”~,;:;:\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~--„;:;:;:;:”~„ . . . |;;;;;;;;’\, . .|;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;’\;:;:\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:;:”~„ .|;;;;;;;;;;;”~,|;:;:;/;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;:;:”~„;;;;;;;;;;;;/;:;,/’;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:”~-„;”~„;;;;;;/;:,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;\;:;:'\

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;”~-„’\,;/ ,/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:\;:;:|

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:¯\„/;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:|

;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;|;:o;:;:;:;

Reminds me of the old Windows 3.1 :P

Wanna play some "Banana Toss"?

I hate this team.

I hate PFT.

Pffffffttttttt.

Well, that's fine, but the rumor comes from Casserly at CBS, not Florio.

Well, I'm guessing if there is a rumor it's based upon something, right? Something along the lines of somebody said something to somebody, ehh? In fact, even empty rumors have to meet some sort of standard. But what do I get from Florio? What's enough for him? Or for that matter, what's enough for you?

One freaking line, right?

"Per Charley Casserly of CBS, the Bengals plan to bring Johnson back in 2009."

One freaking line, right?

Yep -- the one you apparently didn't bother to read. You don't believe Casserly, fine. But he has nothing to do with "PFT pfffttt."

First, let's say I do believe Casserly. Hasn't he been consistently in the Bengals corner on all matters Chad? Hasn't he supported the way they handled him this past offseason? In fact, it was Casserly who leaked the news of Chad showing up 15 lbs underweight, out of shape, and out of wind? And it was Casserly who claimed Chad admitted he hadn't lifted a weight the entire offseason, right? So even if I accept the accuracy of that type of insider information I have to wonder not only who the insider source is, but wonder what the source is getting in return. Is it just a coincidence Charley Casserly has acted as the Bengals mouthpiece before?

Last, you didn't post a Charley Casserly rumor, did you? Instead, you posted a rumor of a rumor. No quotes. No names. No real speculation. Just one lazy line. Pure PFT.

Oh, joy.

BENGALS KEEPING CHAD

I hate this team.

You guys are trippin. It's a lost season. Chad is a great receiver that's why he'll stay here in Cincy. He acted out and was punished for acting out, now let it go.

You guys are trippin. It's a lost season. Chad is a great receiver that's why he'll stay here in Cincy. He acted out and was punished for acting out, now let it go.

Agreen, bringing the Chad love! You think he's "great", I think he's emotionally deteriorating.

Hopefully, as noted above, the sad state of the Bengals will camoflouge the fact that Chad can no longer do the two things he ever could do correctly - run routes and catch. He doesnt' know where he's supposed to be half the time, and when by chance he lands in the right spot, he drops the ball.

If Jerry Jones, Al Davis, or Dan Snyder are reading this, I am just kidding. Agreen is absolutely correct, Chad is great and we'd sure hate to lose him.

Agreen, I will convince you someday that Chad is one of the main ingredients in the toxic soup that has poisoned the Bengals. There is hope for you yet.

Agreen, bringing the Chad love! You think he's "great", I think he's emotionally deteriorating.

Hopefully, as noted above, the sad state of the Bengals will camoflouge the fact that Chad can no longer do the two things he ever could do correctly - run routes and catch. He doesnt' know where he's supposed to be half the time, and when by chance he lands in the right spot, he drops the ball.

If Jerry Jones, Al Davis, or Dan Snyder are reading this, I am just kidding. Agreen is absolutely correct, Chad is great and we'd sure hate to lose him.

Agreen, I will convince you someday that Chad is one of the main ingredients in the toxic soup that has poisoned the Bengals. There is hope for you yet.

Central, you know you're my boy. But now Chad can't run routes? He can't catch? What are you smoking man? I need some of THAT love... Did you watch the Bengals - Jags game? Chad was in raw form that day buddy. Give him a line that can protect the QB, a healthy and confident Carson Palmer, and YOU would be placing Chad Johnson among the top 3 receivers in the league. Chad could get off like that every week! That's the BOTTOM line.

There ain't many receivers that run routes as well as 85. The main problem is the man upstairs making the calls. Who do you think will be let go first, Chad or Bratkowski? Who would you rather see gone?

Take a look at TJ Housh. Look at this offense. Without protection and without Palmer/Ocho Cinco there is no offense. Not to mention horrible play calling. It's not that hard to figure out. Quit using Ocho Cinco as a scapegoat people.. Would you be a little upset if you were in Chad's shoes? Honestly?

This teams a mess starting with the man in charge.

And anyhoo. it's all just bluster. Marvin will be gone when his contract ends. maybe he'll get a nice cushy gig in college football. Mikey isn't going to pay out and Marvin might as well ride this used tampon of a situation out and collect his final few paychecks.

Doubt Marvin will go to college football when a team would take him as a DC no problem after hes done here,Would not doubt if he ends up the Steelers next DC.

Who do you think will be let go first, Chad or Bratkowski? Who would you rather see gone?

Good point. If only one can go, Brat has to be the one.

Thats fair. But I'm curious, would you rather see both gone?

I would, too. I suspect tirades like Chad had the other night are far more common than we know about. As for Brat, that's kinda self explanatory.