Graham falls apart again

rwjcgc

He has proven once again that he can't perform with the game on the line.

There was no accountability when he failed several times at the end of the year a couple seasons back on kicks that ultimately would

have put the Bengals in the postseason.

It's time to cut this choker loose at the end of the season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. A 47 yard FG is no gimme. That said, teams had a terrible day today.

He has one of the highest percentages and all of that but that's two times that he missed a game winner. I don't know if they should have kicked it on third down or not but it seemed a little too rushed for me. Something didn't seem quite right.

A 47 yard field goal is never a gimme, but add to that swirling winds and cold weather and that makes the kick that much more difficult. Graham has won us a few games with his leg. He's one of the best kickers in the league. I think we just need to calm down about Graham. Besides, if the offense scores a touchdown after the McNabb fumble, this is a moot point, isn't it?

A 47 yard field goal is never a gimme, but add to that swirling winds and cold weather and that makes the kick that much more difficult. Graham has won us a few games with his leg. He's one of the best kickers in the league. I think we just need to calm down about Graham.

With the conditions and distance, he didn't miss by far either. He makes that next time.

How about the team realize that any figgie from beyond 40 yards was a coin flip, and get an extra f**kin' 8 yards to make it more manageable?

You mean instead of running that lame HB lead up the middle? Yeah, that woulda been something, but again, Bratkowski can't think like that.

How about the team realize that any figgie from beyond 40 yards was a coin flip, and get an extra f**kin' 8 yards to make it more manageable?

You mean instead of running that lame HB lead up the middle? Yeah, that woulda been something, but again, Bratkowski can't think like that.

Yeah, that.

In fairness, they made the same f**king mistake at the end of 2006 when Graham missed the figgie into the same end with a swirling wind to cost them a playoff berth. And in that instance, they again sat on the ball rather than trying to get closer.

So it's not like they could have learned from that mistake. Oh, wait.

A 47 yard field goal is never a gimme, but add to that swirling winds and cold weather and that makes the kick that much more difficult. Graham has won us a few games with his leg. He's one of the best kickers in the league. I think we just need to calm down about Graham.

With the conditions and distance, he didn't miss by far either. He makes that next time.

I hear ya Kirk but this team can't afford anymore next times. Especially from one of the cornerstones of this team.

Nice to see ya, BTW!

He has one of the highest percentages

Just wondering what are his percentages from 40+ though because I know alot of em come from 20-30 :P

They sure do....the guy may be accurate, but he has a weak leg (although the 47-yarder had the distance, just went right). The guy is also garbage on kickoffs, and has been his whole career....They don't need to spend money on this guy at the end of the year, that money would be better spent elsewhere.

Just wondering what are his percentages from 40+ though because I know alot of em come from 20-30 :P

They sure do....the guy may be accurate, but he has a weak leg (although the 47-yarder had the distance, just went right). The guy is also garbage on kickoffs, and has been his whole career....They don't need to spend money on this guy at the end of the year, that money would be better spent elsewhere.

I'm sorry, when you can post facts, we'll take your word to mean something. His "weak leg" had the distance for the 62 yard kick into the wind that he missed WIDE RIGHT last year. His "weak leg" is 8th is % of kickoffs resulting in touchbacks this year. His WEAK leg, has one of the best career % of kicks beyond the 45 of all NFL kickers.

Come back when you know what the hell you are talkin about. Jeezus.

I'm sorry, when you can post facts, we'll take your word to mean something. His "weak leg" had the distance for the 62 yard kick into the wind that he missed WIDE RIGHT last year. His "weak leg" is 8th is % of kickoffs resulting in touchbacks this year. His WEAK leg, has one of the best career % of kicks beyond the 45 of all NFL kickers.

Right on. I've seen him consistantly kick kick-offs into the endzone this year. I don't know what team you're watching, Pimp.

To the starter of this thread, you wouldn't happen to be the same guy from Go-Bengals that started a similar thread only to get his balls kicked in by the posters there would you ?? If not, allow me the opportunity to simply say that all these threads in regards to Shayne are f*cking stupid. Please feel free to post some facts as to why Shayne is actually as poor as your "opinions" state he is.

Yeah he missed the kick, sh*t happens. Focus your anger where it should firmly be directed and that is with the poor play calling by Bratf**kingkowski !!!

To the starter of this thread, you wouldn't happen to be the same guy from Go-Bengals that started a similar thread only to get his balls kicked in by the posters there would you ?? If not, allow me the opportunity to simply say that all these threads in regards to Shayne are f*cking stupid. Please feel free to post some facts as to why Shayne is actually as poor as your "opinions" state he is.

Yeah he missed the kick, sh*t happens. Focus your anger where it should firmly be directed and that is with the poor play calling by Bratf**kingkowski !!!

ArmyBengal,

I've never been on the Go-Bengals site. There is no anger, just an observation on my part. I have zero confidence in Graham being

able to hit a clutch kick w/ any degree of difficulty to win games. Granted the team doesn't put him in that spot very often, but when it

has, he misses 'em more than he hits 'em.

Why are you so angry over a football game in this lost season?

BengalSis,

Your brother is a great player. He has a wonderful percentage (#3 all time), says all the right things in the interviews, loved by the fanbase, etc.

However, his one problem is he chokes in the clutch.

He's the Dan Marino of kickers.

ArmyBengal,

Why are you so angry over a football game in this lost season?

Boy, you really ARE relatively new, aren't you?

:D

He has a wonderful percentage (#3 all time

All the measurables, all the stats, anything quantifiable, Graham shows he is an excellent kicker.

So you criticize him by saying he's a choker. Convenient that the quality you say he lacks (ability under pressure) isn't something that can be measured in any way. Completely subjective measurement.

I'll say this in his defense - The end of the '06 season had a lot to do with the things that happened before Shayne swung his leg, like the snap and the hold.

One last thing, since you are so ready to let Shayne walk, you must know something I don't, that there sits idly by a great kicker we can get in here who will be better than Shayne Graham. Please name him.