What fan group defines you at the moment...

ArmyBengal

Thinking of our record and team, how do you view your current status as a fan ??

HOMER- We might be 0-7, but we are the best 0-7 team in the league and things are going to make a quick turnaround as we push for the playoffs. Anyone know where to buy some Bengals gear ?? By the way, Mike Brown is the greatest owner in the league. :sure:

UPBEAT- Yeah, we may be 0-7, but we aren't far off and with some upgrades to a few areas we should be right back in the thick of things in the Division. By the way, I wish Carson would get his shoulder taken care of so we can start planning for next season.

FAIR TO MIDLAND- We are a really bad team, but we can right the ship. It's going to take at least a couple of years to do, as I think we are in a rebuilding phase. We have a bunch of holes that won't get filled through the draft or FA because our front office blows !!!

SCREWED- WE SUCK !!! NO REALLY, WE F*CKING SUCK !!! There's no way this team is ever going to complete with this coaching staff, ownership, or group of players. I hope they move the f*cking team or at a minimum drop a bomb on Paul Brown Stadium. Speaking of Paul Brown, I'm sure he's rolling over in his grave watching his son F*CK up so badly !!! Did I mention WE F*CKING SUCK ??

Me personally, I think I'm a little bit of each. There is a little homer in everyone, I think they could make necessary upgrades to get right, I think they are a really bad team now, and I've made comments about moving the team while HORRIBLY angered. If I had to pick one, I'd say fair to midland due to my change of heart in regards to supporting this team from a financial standpoint. No more tickets, no more gear, no more anything that puts money into the Bengals organization until they can unf*ck themselves and stop being stuck on stupid...

On a side note, I figured this all out and think I owe everyone an apology...

The Bengals last went to the super Bowl in 1989, the year before I joined the Army. They have sucked every since I've been in the Army except for one season.

Don't worry though, I officially retire in 2011 soooooooo, 2012 IS OUR YEAR BABY !!!

I am between "Fair" to "F|cked".

A slight part of me thinks they can get it turned. Young defensive players who continue to play better and improve is about the only thing to grasp at.

The O-line has devolved into a very very bad impersonation of what they once were. I chalk it up to chemistry. The exit of Big Wille unwound the core of the group. With no cohesion or central voice, it is just 5 guys playing on a line...getting beat often and early.

The other part of me battles that optimisitc side. This team is a joke. They cannot figure out how to win. It starts with the owner who blandly punishes his loyal following with dung exhibitions every Sunday. The offensive house of cards that ML built up with Brat is scattered across the turf. After the season, players who were once thought of as keepers will be allowed to walk: TJ, Andrews, Ocho Punko. Other could be cut: Levi, Williams. And don;t forget the man with the golden arm will be getting that surgery and he now qualifies as damaged goods (knee and elbow).

Sitting at 0-7, we will be the proverbial blind squirrel till January.

You need one for APATHETIC.

Apathy. The absolute deadliest state of mind for a sports franchise to see its fans slip into. And I am apathetic now. As apathetic as I have ever been. Even in 2002. I can't even get myself to get close to angry anymore. They have driven me perilously close to not caring.

You need one for APATHETIC.

Apathy. The absolute deadliest state of mind for a sports franchise to see its fans slip into. And I am apathetic now. As apathetic as I have ever been. Even in 2002. I can't even get myself to get close to angry anymore. They have driven me perilously close to not caring.

I swear sitting and watching the Cowboys game a few weeks ago and the Steelers game last week was like watching the game on DVR or reading a bad book. You knew what was going to happen before it happened and you knew the Bengals wouldn't finish.

I've got to agree with you. APATHETIC is right on. It's not that I don't think that the team is lacking talent or the ability to turn things around. It's the organizational moves that will screw up any chance of the talent we have to succeed.

Everything about this team lacks direction. To get production from your players you need to provide direction from your leaders. We have none. That and we have no plan either.

Screwed, screwed, and more screwed. I dont see this team being good for many years, and just when i thought the defense was getting better...WOW they suck and i see nothing from Mike Zimmer. Where the heck is the blitzes, there is absoultly no pass rush what so ever. How is it i look at all the good teams and they can take players we never heard of and they get more sacks then our whole team, says something about the coaching staff here uh. This team sucks they ought to be playing the high school football teams not the nfl.

There should also be an option for "who really gives a crap anymore" as of right now i really dont, this team has truley lost me. When this team wants to show they have some heart or learn how to compete and play hard, and find a owner/coach who wants to win,then ill give a crap again till then ill just make fun of this pathetic team.

I would submit that, with the team at 0-8, anyone still posting on a Bengals internet forum must be considered a HOMER regardless of their self-identified status. I see better than I hear and all that, y'know? ;)

Nope.

Just because I still care about the team and its future, doesn't mean that apathy doesn't describe the current views toward this particular edition of the team.

And, my viewing and visiting habits here have changed. From every hour on the hour, to every few days.

I would submit that, with the team at 0-8, anyone still posting on a Bengals internet forum must be considered a HOMER regardless of their self-identified status. I see better than I hear and all that, y'know? ;)

Nope.

Just because I still care about the team and its future, doesn't mean that apathy doesn't describe the current views toward this particular edition of the team.

And, my viewing and visiting habits here have changed. From every hour on the hour, to every few days.

One every hour...one every few days...still on the sauce. Deny all you want, it won't change the truth...you're hooked.

Admit it. You can't quit it...homer. :lol: