The problem is obvious...Brat

fattyjay

Living in the Denver/Boulder area I get to see what great offensive playing calling can do for a team every week. The Broncos have always been able to put up points no matter the personnel and this is do to the playcalling.

Think back to why TJ was claiming that missing the OTA's were no big deal. He said that he already knows the offense and just wanted one on one time with his personal trainer. Well, it's been fairly obvious this season that every team the Bengals play (particularly the division foes) knows what plays are coming before they happen. Do they not change play formations year to year? Do they not change the verbage of the play calls year to year? If they did do these things then why would TJ have a valid arguement for missing the OTA's?

It seems to me that the root of the problem is Brat for not developing anything new, not trusting any rookies, and not having a set plan to start each game. The offense always seems out of sinc in the first drive, they look like they are unprepared, and they always are predictable in the playcalling.

Any thoughts? Am I way offbase here?

Living in the Denver/Boulder area I get to see what great offensive playing calling can do for a team every week. The Broncos have always been able to put up points no matter the personnel and this is do to the playcalling.

Think back to why TJ was claiming that missing the OTA's were no big deal. He said that he already knows the offense and just wanted one on one time with his personal trainer. Well, it's been fairly obvious this season that every team the Bengals play (particularly the division foes) knows what plays are coming before they happen. Do they not change play formations year to year? Do they not change the verbage of the play calls year to year? If they did do these things then why would TJ have a valid arguement for missing the OTA's?

It seems to me that the root of the problem is Brat for not developing anything new, not trusting any rookies, and not having a set plan to start each game. The offense always seems out of sinc in the first drive, they look like they are unprepared, and they always are predictable in the playcalling.

I think that's pretty dead on. There is no variety. The fans can call the plays before they happen, I know other teams can.

No variety whatsoever, no creativity, and very predictable... Bratkowski has sooooooo many weapons and he's not utilizing them. Why does he still have a job?

I was thinking the other day, what about the old head coach of Baltimore, Bellick. Wasn't he the Off. Cord of Minnesota when they were in their prime with Carter, Moss, and Culpepper?

I'd rather have Dennis Green than Bratkowski. I think D. Green would be qualified.

I think that's pretty dead on. There is no variety. The fans can call the plays before they happen, I know other teams can.

The problem with the Bengals is there are so many problems. Brat is one of many. Even with Bill Walsh, RIP, doing the calls, we'd still have too many problems to have a winning season, IMHO.

My opinion - Brat is gone after this season. And he would have been gone after last season if unloading the corpse who was masquerading as our DC wasn't even more urgent. Marvin probably felt two new coordinators at once was too much for the team to absorb.

Turns out keeping Brat for an extra season was too much to absorb. Brat's gone. The only question in my mind is will Alexander go as well? All I know is, he better.

The culture on this team needs to change. An authoritarian, no bulls**t coordinator can bring to the offense what Zimmer is bringing to the defense.

That's right, I am for change. So vote for me in November.

Also why wasn't Brat the problem in 2005?

The problem is Mike Brown, as it's always been. And I don't even know what to think of Marvin Lebeau these days, he's become a complete loser.

Who said he wasn't? But our schedule that year was incredibly week. If I recall correctly, we only played four teams that year with a winning record and only beat one of them (Steelers). So, yeah, Brat was a problem back then, too. It just wasn't as glaring.

The problem is Mike Brown, as it's always been. And I don't even know what to think of Marvin Lebeau these days, he's become a complete loser.

Who said he wasn't? But our schedule that year was incredibly week. If I recall correctly, we only played four teams that year with a winning record and only beat one of them (Steelers). So, yeah, Brat was a problem back then, too. It just wasn't as glaring.

He wasn't the problem in 2005 because the offensive plans WERE new then. Do the same plays and game plans for three seasons AFTER that and it wears a little thin.

He wasn't the problem in 2005 because the offensive plans WERE new then. Do the same plays and game plans for three seasons AFTER that and it wears a little thin.

That's certainly part of it. And I agree wholeheartedly that Brat needs to be fired with extreme prejudice. But the biggest difference was that we had an offensive line in 2005.

That's certainly part of it. And I agree wholeheartedly that Brat needs to be fired with extreme prejudice. But the biggest difference was that we had an offensive line in 2005.

Agreed wholeheartedly the o-line is a major factor. Here's why Brat needs to go. An effective OC recognizes the weakened line compared to 2005 and adjusts the play calling accordingly to make up for weaknesses.

Brat...not so much.

Agreed wholeheartedly the o-line is a major factor. Here's why Brat needs to go. An effective OC recognizes the weakened line compared to 2005 and adjusts the play calling accordingly to make up for weaknesses.

Brat...not so much.

A-yup.