One fans viewpoint...

ArmyBengal

I noticed something today while I was watching all of the other games on NFL Sunday Ticket.

Has anyone noticed how other teams get fired up when they make plays ?? The Bengals just never seem to be motivated through the course of a game. I see other teams (even the sh*tty ones) get a running game together, we can't. I see all these rookie WR's making plays and contributing to ST play, while our pro bowlers can't get open and rookies don't contribute. I see defenses putting pressure on QB's and come up with game changing plays, while ours can't seem to buy a sack, let alone put pressure on any QB. We also still can't stop the run and that is just beyond old.

Our O-line is just a joke and I will place a TON of blame right there, but the coaches have got to find a way to right this sh*t and motivate these guys to want to play. I'm done with the excuses as well. I don't want to hear the, "It was windy" the "We played so well" the "Our QB hurt his p*ssy lip" or whatever excuse you wish to come up with ANYMORE...

This organization is a complete and total clusterf*ck. I will always root for the Bengals, but this is just ridiculous. If all the players just sucked, I would get it, but this is different. We have talent and no one appears to care. Someone really needs to remind me why I should...

Pissed off Bengals fan

Im still trying to figure out why they wont let some of there rookies play especially there DT. Whats the worst that can happen they wont get to the qb. I find alot of this to be on the coach "like coach like players". Every week Marvin puts out a lackluster, heatless team that will play hard for a couple of downs and then not play as hard for the rest. This team needs to learn to play physical on both sides of the ball for 4 qts which they have not done at all. I thought today on defense they did for 3 qts and then became very soft. GRRRRRR im with you im very frustrated as well, where the hell has Chad Johnson been maybe they should have just traded him when they had the chance.

Hmmm only 1 of the Bengals top 5 draft picks even get a sniff of the field. Keith Rivers plays a lot but Simpson, Caldwell, Simms, Shirley, and most of the other draft picks can't even get a chance. That sure says a lot about this organization. Either they can't draft worth a $hit or the coaches don't know how to get rookies ready to play on gameday...Man it just sucks to be a Bengals fan

I think it may be both i watch the eagle play tonight and they have Trent Cole who would have thought he would be as big as he today, and on the other side the start Jaquea Thomas who heck is that but this guy gets sack after sack. So that makes me wonder i dont think this coaching staff knows how to teach young or older players. Your telling me its that hard to get sacks come on where the hell is the coaching at maybe someone should tell them they should go back to pee-wee leagues and learn the basics, cause this team dosent even know the basics

Well its Marvin's team isn't it? Except all that lost talent:

Chris Perry

Chris Henry

Odell Thurmon

David Pollack

Jonathon Joesph yes him

Years and years of wasted draft picks.

Now let's look to the future.

The Oline will need a new right and left tackle for next season.

New center.

New WR to replace TJ.

New RB

Now for the Defense

Need at least one DT

Need at least one new LB

Need a big hitting safety

Need a CB to go with Hall

Folks the Bengals have years of rebuilding by mgmt that drafts poorly;

Organizes poorly and coaches poorly. We're the Bungals again.

Oh yeah, is there a reason this f*cking organization is so undisciplined that it has to use all its timeouts with almost a whole quarter remaining ?? If they can't figure out how to count and make sure the right amount of people are on the field, they would be better off taking the d*mned penalty at this point. Totally unacceptable. How does this happen ??

Next thing you know, Mike Brown will be asking for a bailout when people stop buying Bengals crap !!!

THIS ORGANIZATION F*CKING SUCKS !!!

Oh yeah, is there a reason this f*cking organization is so undisciplined that it has to use all its timeouts with almost a whole quarter remaining ?? If they can't figure out how to count and make sure the right amount of people are on the field, they would be better off taking the d*mned penalty at this point. Totally unacceptable. How does this happen ??

Next thing you know, Mike Brown will be asking for a bailout when people stop buying Bengals crap !!!

THIS ORGANIZATION F*CKING SUCKS !!!

The best was when they had to call a timeout because they had a dime defense with 6 DBs on a third and 2 play...WTF? How about the third and 4 play when the game was still close and someone lined up off sides? How long have we been saying on this board how undisciplined this team is, and how they don't play with any energy? Seriously, the faces and names may change each year but they continue to have the same problems.

what my brother always say for last 2 years, it all begin when chad johnson punched marvin lewis at half time, and marvin lewis do nothing about it, it shows he is weak so now all player have no respect for him and know they can walk over their coaches, most player we have is just there for pay check

we have very good players on team and very good coaches, only change is marvin lewis need to be meanie and show no pity to players like chad johnson

what my brother always say for last 2 years, it all begin when chad johnson punched marvin lewis at half time, and marvin lewis do nothing about it, it shows he is weak so now all player have no respect for him and know they can walk over their coaches, most player we have is just there for pay check

we have very good players on team and very good coaches, only change is marvin lewis need to be meanie and show no pity to players like chad johnson

thats on Mike Brown if thats the case, not ML.

Yeah...I was noticing that very nice drive the Cowboys had at the end of their game vs. the Skins. What a way to put it all together, even though they didn't win. That is the way you play football as a TEAM. March it down the damn field.

As I've said before, the Bengals will always be first in my heart, but I decided to start following the Cowboys more since my hubby is a big fan. This week will be tough. The Bengals don't deserve to win this one coming up. They are playing like they are an unorganized bunch of Jr. High Schoolers. Sad. <_<

Yeah...I was noticing that very nice drive the Cowboys had at the end of their game vs. the Skins. What a way to put it all together, even though they didn't win. That is the way you play football as a TEAM. March it down the damn field.

As I've said before, the Bengals will always be first in my heart, but I decided to start following the Cowboys more since my hubby is a big fan. This week will be tough. The Bengals don't deserve to win this one coming up. They are playing like they are an unorganized bunch of Jr. High Schoolers. Sad. <_<

Go on and follow the Cowboys then. I mean they are winning. We already have enough fairweather fans here anyways, Dallas could use a few more.

Chad is a huge part of what is wrong with this team. And the owner who enabled him is just as responsible. Failing to take that trade offer from the Redskins was insane.

Chad is a huge part of what is wrong with this team. And the owner who enabled him is just as responsible. Failing to take that trade offer from the Redskins was insane.

Chad didn't punch Marvin. Dimster should just go ahead and change his name to Dimwit because that's what he is. He'll believe anything he hears... As for Chad being a huge part of this problem here in Cincy, I disagree. The problem is ownership and leadership. Not one of these coaches are leaders.

Yeah Chad has a HUGE ego and can be very bratty, but so was TO and look at him now. Chad just wants to WIN, bottom line. Can you blame him for flaming on the Bengals?? Look at them. Is that a position you would want to be in? Most people should respect what Chad has done. Maybe if more people really thought about what he was saying, some major things would've changed.. coaching wise.

Chad would never come out and say this, just like PAlmer would never come out and say "Brat is BALLS, HE"S A TURD" but Chad knows that the coaching here in Cincy will not get us a Championship.

Go on and follow the Cowboys then. I mean they are winning. We already have enough fairweather fans here anyways, Dallas could use a few more.

Dude, you are exactly the reason why Mikey has been able to get away with this crap for almost two decades. Let me guess. In the mid-Nineties when SoP was threatening to take the team out of Cincy if he didn't get his over-priced Crap Bowl, you were one of the ones saying, "Oh Lordy Lord! Take whatever you want. Take my cash! Take my pride! Just don't take my (then) 4-12 Bengals!"

By the way, 4-12 is looking pretty good right about now actually.

Guess you didn't read my full post. Yeah, I'm a fairweather fan. LOL. Shove it. You are easily laughable.

Agreen I know we'll never convince you otherwise, but to me Chad is a cancer on this team. His play last year and this year has been abysmal. And when he's set to go from an 8 million year to a 2 million year, what does he do? He screams for a trade so his agent can carve one last huge contract out of some sucker. Some team player that just "wants to win."

As far as the punching of Marvin, I wasn't there. But Dimster is only saying what 99.9% of people believe happened. Chad hit Marvin wiht his purse, then collapsed into a mound of tears. He's a little girl trying to play a man's game. With predictable results.

Guess you didn't read my full post. Yeah, I'm a fairweather fan. LOL. Shove it. You are easily laughable.

I don't think any person on this board can be considered a 'fairweather' fan. That term implies a person is only a fan in the good times. We don't have good times with this team. The last time was 2005 and those 'fairweather' fans are long gone. If you follow this board and post on it, by definition, you cannot be a 'fairweather' fan.

That said, I don't gotta put up with a crappy team and support them with my dollars. They are cut off financially from me until they put a good product on the field.

Chad didn't punch Marvin. Dimster should just go ahead and change his name to Dimwit because that's what he is. He'll believe anything he hears... As for Chad being a huge part of this problem here in Cincy, I disagree. The problem is ownership and leadership. Not one of these coaches are leaders.

Yeah Chad has a HUGE ego and can be very bratty, but so was TO and look at him now. Chad just wants to WIN, bottom line. Can you blame him for flaming on the Bengals?? Look at them. Is that a position you would want to be in? Most people should respect what Chad has done. Maybe if more people really thought about what he was saying, some major things would've changed.. coaching wise.

Chad would never come out and say this, just like PAlmer would never come out and say "Brat is BALLS, HE"S A TURD" but Chad knows that the coaching here in Cincy will not get us a Championship.

You really need to get off of Chad's nuts. It's embarrassing. You cannot not deny that this team is a different team before that playoff game and after it. And as far as Chad being all about winning, if that's what he really wanted, he'd try harder. Catching 90 balls isn't all that's required of a receiver to help his team win. He also has to block, be a good teammate, be willing to be a decoy, etc. He does not, and will not, do those things. Marvin can't do anything about because he's the owner's favorite player.

You wanna see a WR that's all about winning. Look no farther than Hines Ward. I would trade Loco Cinco for Ward in a heartbeat.

Marvin needs to go, but it's Mikey's fault Marvin's lost this team. The players aren't trying and neither is Marvin.

For people to defend anyone in this organization is laughable at best. The whole, "Mike Brown isn't that bad" is nothing but BULLSH*T !!!

Chad IS a problem and has been for quite some time. What I wouldn't give to have had that second first rounder this year and another first this upcoming draft. For all the talk of we can't afford to cut Chad went out the window when we got rid of Willie, Rudi, and Deltha. Not enough ?? Ok throw Thornton's sorry ass in there and we have extra cash. Two first rounders to use on the O-line and D-line sure would be nice next year !!!

Hell, this year we could have had our pick of either Chris Johnson, Felix Jones, or Rashard Mendenhall with that pick. How we didn't make that trade is still beyond me !!!

I don't think any person on this board can be considered a 'fairweather' fan. That term implies a person is only a fan in the good times. We don't have good times with this team. The last time was 2005 and those 'fairweather' fans are long gone. If you follow this board and post on it, by definition, you cannot be a 'fairweather' fan.

That said, I don't gotta put up with a crappy team and support them with my dollars. They are cut off financially from me until they put a good product on the field.

I don't care what anyone says, for someone to say "They'll always be first in my heart, but I'm gonna follow the best team in the NFL," is not only fairweather but also I will call them a FRONTRUNNER!

You really need to get off of Chad's nuts. It's embarrassing. You cannot not deny that this team is a different team before that playoff game and after it. And as far as Chad being all about winning, if that's what he really wanted, he'd try harder. Catching 90 balls isn't all that's required of a receiver to help his team win. He also has to block, be a good teammate, be willing to be a decoy, etc. He does not, and will not, do those things. Marvin can't do anything about because he's the owner's favorite player.

You wanna see a WR that's all about winning. Look no farther than Hines Ward. I would trade Loco Cinco for Ward in a heartbeat.

Marvin needs to go, but it's Mikey's fault Marvin's lost this team. The players aren't trying and neither is Marvin.

Why don't you step out of first person and look at your post from an unbias perspective. In neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) we call this third person. It's actually a great way to learn new things or to see things in a different way. Try to imagine you have no HATE for Chad and just look at this situation again. Is it really Chad's fault this team has not been the same since 2005? Really?

If I had to give my opinion as to why this team hasn't been the same I would say it's because of a lot of things.

1. Palmer blew out his knee, hasn't been the same since. He may never get that edge back.

2. Steiny was let go.

3. Braham retired. Gaychick is his replacement.

4. Odell, almost Def. ROY, gets strung out and in a whole bunch of trouble.

5. Arrests, arrests, and more arrests.

6. Levi Jones becomes a flunky.

7. Willie Anderson gets hurt.

8. Justin Smith goes from like 9 sacks to 2.

9. Chad gets pissed because he has no support on a s**tty defensive team.

Not because Chad's talent has declined. Chad's what he is, one of the greatest WR's cincy will ever see.

I don't care what anyone says, for someone to say "They'll always be first in my heart, but I'm gonna follow the best team in the NFL," is not only fairweather but also I will call them a FRONTRUNNER!

'A fool and his money are soon parted.'

Keep parting, bro. :)

Why don't you step out of first person and look at your post from an unbias perspective. In neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) we call this third person. It's actually a great way to learn new things or to see things in a different way. Try to imagine you have no HATE for Chad and just look at this situation again. Is it really Chad's fault this team has not been the same since 2005? Really?

If I had to give my opinion as to why this team hasn't been the same I would say it's because of a lot of things.

1. Palmer blew out his knee, hasn't been the same since. He may never get that edge back.

2. Steiny was let go.

3. Braham retired. Gaychick is his replacement.

4. Odell, almost Def. ROY, gets strung out and in a whole bunch of trouble.

5. Arrests, arrests, and more arrests.

6. Levi Jones becomes a flunky.

7. Willie Anderson gets hurt.

8. Justin Smith goes from like 9 sacks to 2.

9. Chad gets pissed because he has no support on a s**tty defensive team.

10. Chad becomes a s**tty teammate. Calls out all defensive players on team. Gives half-ass run blocks for RB's. Publicly complains all offseason how his team sucks and none of it's his fault.

Not because Chad's talent has declined. But because he's turned into the second coming of Carl Pickens.

There I fixed it for you. You forgot one, too.