Two games in, and the season is over.

BengalszoneBilly

Yep not to sure whats wrong with Palmer he had time to throw the ball today where was he all day. I think he needs to work all week the recievers its like nobody is on page anymore. Makes you wonder will Palmer ever be an elite QB, right now his throws are way off, i dont know what to think anymore.

Yep not to sure whats wrong with Palmer he had time to throw the ball today where was he all day. I think he needs to work all week the recievers its like nobody is on page anymore. Makes you wonder will Palmer ever be an elite QB, right now his throws are way off, i dont know what to think anymore.

Carson was an elite QB. I don't know what happened.

You know, I was saying this (what you guys are saying) all preseason and all I heard was that it's only preseason. Now we're 0-2 and what are we saying? Season over, fire the coaches, get rid of Palmer, etc. Why are we trying to run the ball up the middle on 3rd and long? Why isn't Dorsey playing more? When he was in he was getting yards. Next week, we have the Super Bowl champs. Should we forfieit now? Send the players home, they deserve some time off.

well fellas the drive is still alive for perfection 0-16 here we come!

We face the Giants next week. God help us! :(

I don't blame Carson so much, I do blame TJ and Chad stiffing him all year until the end of August. There is a huge drop in ability from TJ and Chad to the other guys. Neither Chad or TJ are fooling anyone now whether its because of Chad's shoulder or TJ losing a step, I don't know.

The running game was in deep trouble last year and what do the Bengals do? Draft 3 WR that don't play so far and no RB's. This week Pat Sims, Jason Shirley and Andre Caldwell are inactive. Simpson doesn't make a catch. Only Rivers is playing significant snaps from the 2008 draft. That proves the Bengal coaches suck. Regardless of record.

What this team needs is new leadership. Leadership that won’t be buffaloed by so called experts (MB). Experts often possess more data or in MB case money, than judgment. They can become so inbred that they produce hemophiliacs who bleed to death as soon as they are nicked by the real world.” This team needs leaders that are not afraid to challenge the pros, even in their own backyard. I think that the leadership of the team has leveled out in terms of their learning, coaching and mentoring skills. They've become complacent. We have a Marine and two Soldiers (one officer and one senior NCO) who can take this team to the next level. Who can instill discipline, heart and a drive to win. But then, would we really want to baby-sit a bunch of rich, ungrateful athletes that only care about them selves. Last time I checked, there is no "I" in team.

Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand. The coaching staff needs to go back to the basics and practice the KISS principle, or Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Palmer, you're our quarterback, the commander on the field. You need to take charge of this team! The commander in the field is always right and the rear echelons (coaches on the side lines) are wrong, unless proved otherwise. So the next time they call for a run up the middle on 3rd and long, and we haven't ran all day, change the play. Call a sweep or a down and out. Make that command decision. OK I’m done.

What this team needs is new leadership. Leadership that won’t be buffaloed by so called experts (MB).

Any person in the world who would consider Mike Brown a "leadership" person needs help. Mike Brown has a degree in Law, a world far removed from professional football. He is out of his element, and has been so since daddy died.

As long as he holds the reins we true Bengal fans are pissing up a rope. :(

Get this. I think the Bengals will win next week. The defense is much improved from last season. The offense has been the one to blame. I think Palmer's mechanics are off, and he has been throwing off of his back foot. Throw in the lack of timing with the receivers, and the O-line getting more in sync, get rid of the wind and I think that they will get on track. If this team can find it's rhythm things will look up. It's officially over at 0-3. The Giants have beaten the Redskins and Rams. Big deal. The Bengals will beat the Giants.

Carson was an elite QB. I don't know what happened.

His brother joined the team. At least that's my theory. He seems to be over thinking every throw.

Isn't this when the true fans are supposed to stick behind their team? Like all of us that stayed around during the ugly years of the '90s.

In the 80's I would've, and did, I even did in the 90's. In the 80's their operational structure worked, at least often enough, because there were fewer teams, no cap, and the internets didn't exist, among other things.

Mike Brown has to realize he can't operate like that anymore, he needs to surround himself with better people, not family and family friends who could make it back then, but have been bull-dozed by the information age, revenue sharing and the way the free agent market has re-shaped the NFL landscape.

You need an indoor practice facility - the game's too specialized and precise now to get by with half-ass practices in bad weather 2-3 days a week. Plus you need that to lure FA's. You have to face up to that, the macho, tough guy "who needs it!" baloney is just that. Hell if that's the case they should've just kept these guys at Spinney Field with chicken wire lockers and at Wilmington in kid's dorm rooms with no AC right?

You need a Personnel GM, or two, that can assess talent and know who to keep and who to let go at the right time...someone who will pay a Guard or a Safety a big contract if they don't have to re-up with a Whitworth or a Steinbach or a Madeiu for 2-3 years down the road. Someone who can target FA's and work the cap better, take more risks with the cap and stop taking so many risks in the draft instead.

And of course they need at least 4-6 more full-time scouts who can get out and watch guys play, talk to people and assess guys properly. A copy of Jerry Jones' Drugstore List and YouTube won't cut it anymore.

This team will never "get over the proverbial hump" until they do this, nothing else matters. You can keep changing coaches and players all you want, they've done that for 18 years now.

So why should the players care and why should we until they change their operating model and philosophy? Mike Brown is nothing but a crook and by buying tickets and merchandise, you're just prolonging the agony. There really is no other obvious answer to this franchise's woes.

I don't agree with Shula often (ever) but his post is dead on! Mike Brown, PLEASE change you organizational structure, let go of some power with the understanding that it will make your business better. Learn from your pals the Rooney's who are in the exact same situation but have made better long term decisions. Fix it before the fans leave you forever, I have been a diehard fans since 1979 and I have lost hope in this team ever regaining its footing. Stop making personnel decisions not because you make bad decisions but because the person responsible for player decisions must be accountable and since you are never going to fire yourself, you cannot be accountable.

Lets see, Mike Brown brought in one of the hottest coaches around in Marvin Lewis.

He brought in one of the most gifted QB's of the last 10 years in Carson Palmer.

He has surrounded Palmer with all pros on the line and at wideouts.

He's had 3 defensive co-ordinators in Marvins term as HC.

What has he to show for it? A team that wasted these guys all pro years barely breaking even and now facing a year of jokes and contempt as they trudge to maybe 1 to 3 wins this year.

Mike Brown understands money and the more people that boycott his product the better but realize there are a few cities out there waiting to line Mike's pockets with relocation millions.

How long before Chad resumes his theatrics? Before Carson demands a trade? Before TJ announces he doesn't want to return? Before finger pointing over Rudi and Willie? This team will fill the airwaves with drama, non of it good before November blows into town.

I blame Marvin. After thinking about this hard because I like Marvin, it has become clear that his teams are continually not prepared to play week in and week out. The Bengals should be 2-0, based on the fact that they were dominated by the least-talented team in the NFL in the Ravens and a team in emotional shambles in the Titans. Good teams that are prepared the week leading up to a game find ways to win. Look at the Packers and Patriots, teams that are 2-0 after losing their star QB.

I appreciate what Marvin has done to take this team to even mentionable, but he has obviously plateaud, if not regressed.