Can anyone recall the last time this team out gameplanned another team

walzav29

I'm not talking about the talent rising. The team has talent. I can't think of 1 time where the team outschemed anyone. That's coaching. Am I missing some game?

Baltimore game last year where Chuckie brought unpredictable blitz schemes that had our guys all over the QB. At which point the winning game plan was mothballed, never to see the light of day again.

I'm not talking about the talent rising. The team has talent. I can't think of 1 time where the team outschemed anyone. That's coaching. Am I missing some game?

Baltimore game last year where Chuckie brought unpredictable blitz schemes that had our guys all over the QB. At which point the winning game plan was mothballed, never to see the light of day again.

That's the one that came to mind for me. Offensively though, its even more difficult to remember a game in the last two seasons that they looked like they caught people by surprise.

What's sad is they still are trying to run that stupid WR screen multiple times a game on 1st and 2nd down, and that shovel pass to Watson on 3rd down...what is this high school? Is the option next?

i was watching the bengals weekly show, dave was interviewing brat, dave said one word to describe brats offense. brat replied attacking. lmao i was thinking retarded.

I was thinking 1981-1982 AFC Championship game against the Chargers. Man, that was a Bengals' team.

Even that team was helped by the weather that day.

The original question involved outcoaching an opposing team. Both teams had to play in that weather. The Bengals' game plan was better prepared for the weather conditions than the Chargers, hence the answer to the question. And don't give me the crap about the Chargers being a warm weather team and Cincy not. Neither team was used to playing in -9 degree weather with wind chill being -37 degrees (by today's standards, -50 degrees by 1982's standards). The coaching strategy in adjusting to the weather was part of it.

Besides, you overlook the fact that the two teams played in the regular season that year and the Bengals mauled them 40-17 in warmer weather in San Diego. I would contend your assertion is not correct. The weather did not help that Bengals team that day.

What's sad is they still are trying to run that stupid WR screen multiple times a game on 1st and 2nd down, and that shovel pass to Watson on 3rd down...what is this high school? Is the option next?

i was watching the bengals weekly show, dave was interviewing brat, dave said one word to describe brats offense. brat replied attacking. lmao i was thinking retarded.

I like your answer much better!!! As for the original question, I got to agree it was the KC game... That was one hell of a game...

Im not predicting any more games ill take this year one game at a time. If this team comes out and plays and gives it there all, why not they can beat alot of teams there is talent on this team its just a matter if they can get the talent out of the players. If they really want to be good i think they can.

I wonder why Zimmer isnt using exotic blitz moving guys around showing diffent thing, mmm i wonder what happend to the Defense after that game last year that was great they were all over the QB, and thats what this team needs work fast hard and things will pay off.

Boy, this sure feels like the old days. Does anyone have confidence in the team this upcoming Sunday?

Until they can show they can control the LOS, I have to say no.

BTW, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Marvin believes this facet of the game isn't required? :blink:

Boy, this sure feels like the old days. Does anyone have confidence in the team this upcoming Sunday?

Until they can show they can control the LOS, I have to say no.

BTW, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Marvin believes this facet of the game isn't required? :blink:

I am not confident get better (well, they cou but things can only - because I think we saw the offense hit rock bottom last week.

I am just disturbed that this team, with all its talent, all its ability has so little cohesion in what it is trying to do. <cough, brat, cough>

Were the Ravens dialed in to put a snuff on the usual firepower of the bengals O? yes.

Did Willie, and now appearantly Mr. Lawrie, provide the Raven with some key insights as to formations, packages and gameplans? Absolutely.

Did the Bengals facilitate their own beat-down by coming out with the same, stale, day-old, carbon copy of a gameplan? oh, yes...

All this talent? Sure, the secondary have a couple of guys and I love the potential of the oyuth we have - but still, hardly stacked with probowlers. As for our offense - going on reputation at this point. Have been for a couple of seasons.

Wehere we truly suck and lack talent is the lines. Our stand out linemen are, really not that special in the grand scheme of things. Our lines suck as units, probably being even worse than their collective players and so any talent we may have in the skill positions is utterly wasted.