highly annoying

kingwilly

Ok, so Nate Lawrie, a Yale guy, as in pretty smart fella, is with the Bengals all of last year, through the offseason, camp, preseason and has his contract termintated in the final cut down. Got it.

Next, he gets signed by the Ravens to their PS on 9/1. Ok.

The Ravens D stymies (to use the term loosely) the Bengals O on 9/7. Uh-huh, saw that.

Mr. Lawrie is then released from PS on 9/9. Ok, I see.

Ozzie Newsome is a very good GM.

The Bengals GM is...wait, we don't have....a....GM? I am confused.

I hate this team, that I love. damn it.

Ok, so Nate Lawrie, a Yale guy, as in pretty smart fella, is with the Bengals all of last year, through the offseason, camp, preseason and has his contract termintated in the final cut down. Got it.

The Ravens D stymies (to use the term loosely) the Bengals O on 9/7. Uh-huh, saw that.

Sucks right?

Don't forget that Hue Jackson is their QB coach. I think that had as much to do with it as Lawrie.

Also at the end of last week Marvin said that he and Brat got with the offense and changed some stuff up because of Willie. Probably not enough time to digest the changes too.

Nice find, willy.

To me, it seems obvious that Anderson and Lawrie's presence impacted the game. The Bengals haven't been a particularly good team over the last two seasons, but one reliable whipping boy has been Baltimore (3-1 going into last Sunday's game). If, as the Ravens claimed after the game, they didn't need help from Willie because they knew the Bengals' offense like the backs of their hands already...well, how come Cincy had been routinely kicking their a$$es the last couple seasons?

That isn't to say the Bengals offense didn't play badly. It did. But I have to think it wouldn't have been as bad as it was if the Ravens hadn't had some inside info. Which is why I want to see how they hold up (or don't) against the Titans before I start talking about the '09 draft.

And yeah, boy it'd be nice to have a GM who knows how to game the system...

Don't know if anyone's heard but they just reported on the news that for the first time in 5 years Bengals tickets are selling for below face value on the market. Tickets are now going for 10% - 50% of face value.

Where are these tickets being sold for 10%-50% of face value? I'm going to buy a couple and go to a game.

Don't know if anyone's heard but they just reported on the news that for the first time in 5 years Bengals tickets are selling for below face value on the market. Tickets are now going for 10% - 50% of face value.

Where are these tickets being sold for 10%-50% of face value? I'm going to buy a couple and go to a game.

The news report said stub hub and scalpers.

I was thinking the same thing.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story.as...448d&rss=30

Didn't Mike Brown go to Dartmouth? Damn!

That's funny, I've been telling folks to get tix from scalpers for awhile now, always below face value. They've been cheaper since last year... But I did hear the report this morning on 700 wlw... The team has went SO far backwards it's ridiculous!

Central, Pick a game. Get down to the stadium, EARLY. Do some walking around the parking lots to enjoy some tailgating, while scouting all the scalpers. Buy a set of tix as soon as the game starts, if not 5-10 minutes after. You'll miss the kickoff, but you'll save a pretty penny. Wear a set headphones with AM tuned to 700 wlw and you won't miss a beat!

I'm a cheap SOB, I even catch a bus down to the stadium from Jungle Jims. They leave early too. After the game, the bus will pick u up in front of the stadium. I think it's $5-10/person roundtrip.

Didn't Mike Brown go to Dartmouth? Damn!

Yeah I think he graduated in 1910.

Here's what I don't get:

Didn't the Ravens cut a LB or DB or some such that the Bengals could have signed for Week 1, drilled for info, and then let go?

Why is it always the other teams the Bengals are playing who do something so obvious? Why is it never the Bengals staff?

I listened to Lapham monday on Bengals talk and the word from him was that Big Willie shouldve got the game ball sunday, he said they spotted Willie right next to the Rex Ryan after every time the Raven's D came off the field. He said he told them if so and so goes in motion here and such in such does this theyre running the shuttle pass. He was telling them things that Bobbie Williams and Guycheck would say they hate when their watching film on the Ravens. He said Guycheck hates when Ravens do this or that and the Ravens exploited Guychecks many weaknesses. He said he tipped them on different keys and that him and coach Jackson tipped Ryan on what things Chad and TJ hate the most.

I listened to Lapham monday on Bengals talk and the word from him was that Big Willie shouldve got the game ball sunday, he said they spotted Willie right next to the Rex Ryan after every time the Raven's D came off the field. He said he told them if so and so goes in motion here and such in such does this theyre running the shuttle pass. He was telling them things that Bobbie Williams and Guycheck would say they hate when their watching film on the Ravens. He said Guycheck hates when Ravens do this or that and the Ravens exploited Guychecks many weaknesses. He said he tipped them on different keys and that him and coach Jackson tipped Ryan on what things Chad and TJ hate the most.

Thats some bulls***!

That's funny, I've been telling folks to get tix from scalpers for awhile now, always below face value. They've been cheaper since last year... But I did hear the report this morning on 700 wlw... The team has went SO far backwards it's ridiculous!

Central, Pick a game. Get down to the stadium, EARLY. Do some walking around the parking lots to enjoy some tailgating, while scouting all the scalpers. Buy a set of tix as soon as the game starts, if not 5-10 minutes after. You'll miss the kickoff, but you'll save a pretty penny. Wear a set headphones with AM tuned to 700 wlw and you won't miss a beat!

I'm a cheap SOB, I even catch a bus down to the stadium from Jungle Jims. They leave early too. After the game, the bus will pick u up in front of the stadium. I think it's $5-10/person roundtrip.

Thanks for the rundown. I'm going to do it. For cheaper than face value, can't beat it.

Here's what I don't get:

Didn't the Ravens cut a LB or DB or some such that the Bengals could have signed for Week 1, drilled for info, and then let go?

Why is it always the other teams the Bengals are playing who do something so obvious? Why is it never the Bengals staff?

An example of my biggest beef with the Bengals' front office - they don't try hard enough and they don't want to win badly enough. This past off-season was another good example of their lack of effort.

I can't support that and won't financially at least.

Here's what I don't get:

Back in the day there always seemed to be one or two guys that were former Browns on our team or ex-Bengals on their team. The biggest coup ended up being Forrest Gregg becoming head coach here after being fired by Cleveland. Two years later we were in the Super Bowl but that was when the old man was still around and the Ravens were in Cleveland. Things changed after that.

Now Lawrie gets signed BACK to our PS??????? WTF? How stupid is this team?

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7045

This team is stupid.

Do you think we will pump Nate for details on the Ravens offense for the December game?

Or they just resigned him to use as a tackling dummy in practice? I am sure he doesn't have teams beating down his door with offers...so maybe the Bengals were the only team even willing to pay him to be on the practice squad. They could beat the crap out of him practice for revenge on giving away offensive secrets to the Ravens. Then again that would take brains on the part of the Bengals, so I am sure that is not it.