Super Hero Draft

Me and my buddy were talking at work today about who we would take if say there was a draft with all marvel and DC comic superheroes who would you take with your first overall pick, second overall etc.

Who would you take?

If i had the first overall pick to take a superhero id have to take The Hulk; Mainly cause hes such a beast and only gets stronger/bigger when you hurt him.

Super-Man, no brainer...

But you have to think, yeah superman is superman but who does superman constantly struggle with? Lex Luther, who has no powers what so ever. Superman is a safe choice but not the best IMO.

Have you guys reached puberty yet?

Let us know when you do, so we can find you a seat at the big boys table.

You'll have to leave your action figures behind at that point, tho

Hahaha, what is this "big boys" table that you speak of? The football table? I guess we should only be interested in the things you like? -_-

Actually, that's OK guys, go back to your Transformer dolls.....enjoy

There is people who play with "action figures" around my age but no, I'm not one of those people. I watch marvel/DC movies, that's about it.

I just want to know why your acting like a punk just because your not interested in marvel/DC?

Actually Howard Stern brings this up sometimes. As you should know he's a huge comic fan.

Its okay, TJ probably didn't grow up watching/reading them because he was a sheltered little momma's boy. Whatever Big Boy, lmao...

1. My first pick would probably be IronMan (especially after seeing the new movie). I mean, he took out a F-22 for christsakes. That, and he built his first suit in a cave!

2. Superman. He can fly (even up into space), he has super strength, he has x-ray/laser vision, he can freeze you by blowing on you, he can probably fart lighting bolts. 'nuff said.

3. Batman. I love Batman. I just want to put on the suit and look at my self in the mirror with my shoulders back and my chest all puffed up and say "I'm Batman." HAHAHAHAHA LMAO

I gotta go with Batman.

First, he rules with wicked hi-tech gadgets, most of which he seems to create in his own lab. He drives a totally badass car and has his own trick plane and boat.

Best of all, when he’s not Batman, Bruce Wayne is living a pretty sweet life. Wayne Manor is like some pre-income tax estate, complete with underground lair that no one knows is there. In the books Bruce Wayne is always out on the town with totally hot women who are practically falling at his feet. And at home, Wayne’s butler, Alfred, helps Bruce create new technologies, and generally keeps that huge mansion spotless. Also, memo to my wife, Alfred is like a gourmet cook. Enough with the hamburger helper already.

Batman knows kung fu, and generally lays an ass-kicking on the semi-retarded henchmen that his usual lineup of villains seems to employ. In an odd show of respect, he rarely puts a beating on the penguin, the joker, the riddler, etc. Way to keep it classy, Batman.

I will concede that his ward, Dick Greyson, is at times a drag on Bruce Wayne’s lifestyle. But taking in an orphan just shows Wayne’s philanthropic nature. Then, what the heck, use him as a crime fighting tool as well.

Thurmanation, the Hulk? With all respect to his incredible powers (heals superfast from any wound, can leap miles in one jump, strength beyond belief), being the Hulk would flat out suck. Bruce Banner can’t control when he turns into the Hulk. Sometimes he just gets pissed and here it comes. Shirt wrecked, pants wrecked, a couple city blocks wrecked. Also, if I recall correctly, Banner suffers from headaches and other physical aliments from turning into the Hulk. I believe that later in his Hulk career, Banner was learning to exert some control over when he turned into the Hulk.

I love Spiderman. But as Peter Parker he lives with Aunt May, and constantly gets yelled at by his boss at the paper, J. Jonah Jameson. Also, he has to duke it out with Venom and Carnage, two villains who have some of Spiderman’s powers and appearance, but are evil and downright creepy.

Batman has to stop the penguin from stealing the latest gems on display at the local museum (a display usually underwritten by Wayne Enterprises). Pretty benign stuff. Meanwhile, Spiderman has these two homicidal maniacs trying to kill him and everyone else on earth. And they look like a steroided, pcp fueled version of him. Finally, Batman is a man of the world, and there is no doubt he’s getting busy with some of the hottest women in the world. Spiderman is stuck in perpetual adolescence and is in constant sexual frustration thanks to the cockteasing ways of Mary Jane. Not worth it!

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, all wrong.

We are Bengals fans, right? The kings of bad character, remember? We don't take superheroes -- we take supervillains.

So here we go, round by round:

1: Galactus, Eater of Worlds. Will eat Pittsburgh, too.

2: Darkseid. Will be a training camp holdout because he wants "Galactus" money.

3: Doomsday. Killed Superman. 'nuff said.

4: Dr. Doom. Cool armor open whole new merchandising revenue stream.

5: Professor Zoom. A bit of a reach but you can't teach speed.

6: Venom. He'll never last this long, tho.

7: Black Manta: every supervillain team needs a lame water-based baddie in case they run into Aquaman or Namor.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, all wrong.

We are Bengals fans, right? The kings of bad character, remember? We don't take superheroes -- we take supervillains.

So here we go, round by round:

1: Galactus, Eater of Worlds. Will eat Pittsburgh, too.

2: Darkseid. Will be a training camp holdout because he wants "Galactus" money.

3: Doomsday. Killed Superman. 'nuff said.

4: Dr. Doom. Cool armor open whole new merchandising revenue stream.

5: Professor Zoom. A bit of a reach but you can't teach speed.

6: Venom. He'll never last this long, tho.

7: Black Manta: every supervillain team needs a lame water-based baddie in case they run into Aquaman or Namor.

Me and my friend had an argument over whether Galactus should be a pickable person lol cause he'd obviously go first.

but my draft would go something like this:

1. Hulk; Hes un-killable unless in his human form of Bruce Banner. He also only gets stronger and bigger as he fight progresses.

2. Carnage; I have a feeling Spiderman would be off the board, but Carnage is just as good if not better.

3. Spawn; The un-dead killer is equipped with super strength, a cape to protect him and bad ass chains/unlimited arsenal.

4. Colossus; Hed be one of the best still on the board.

5. Deadpool; Cause im almost sure hed still be here.

6. Avalanche; Gotta love earthquakes.

7. Storm; Sleeper pick.

Thurmanation, the Hulk? With all respect to his incredible powers (heals superfast from any wound, can leap miles in one jump, strength beyond belief), being the Hulk would flat out suck. Bruce Banner can’t control when he turns into the Hulk. Sometimes he just gets pissed and here it comes. Shirt wrecked, pants wrecked, a couple city blocks wrecked. Also, if I recall correctly, Banner suffers from headaches and other physical aliments from turning into the Hulk. I believe that later in his Hulk career, Banner was learning to exert some control over when he turned into the Hulk.

But COB, The Hulk is the MAN. i mean i remember reading a comic where someone sent Hulk into space but the vessel broke and killed his family and he ends up killing like almost every marvel character and just destroying everything, theres a list somewhere of every Mutant/Hero he kills. He also has limitless strength and is invulnerable to any type of attack against him including physical and mental. He also can grow tissue to allow him to breathe under water and survive in space.

he ends up killing like almost every marvel character and just destroying everything, theres a list somewhere of every Mutant/Hero he kills. He also has limitless strength and is invulnerable to any type of attack against him including physical and mental. He also can grow tissue to allow him to breathe under water and survive in space.

Well, I have a new found respect for the Hulk. I was not aware that he went on a brutal rampage. Massive property damage combined with a merciless killing spree? Not your everyday superhero.

As to Hoosier's claim that we should be drafting villains, I concur. Therefore I must go with Hobgoblin. He's basically an orange version of the Green Goblin. My son and I read Spiderman books, and for some reason (he's 4 yrs old) my son came up with his own name for Hobgoblln, "Pumpkinstein". Also he calls the grenades that Hobgoblin throws "pumpkin bombs".

...anyhow, don't think we can get Underdog, billy. After popping all those "Underdog Super Energy Pills" there's no way he passes a whiz quiz...

Oh yeah, I forgot. Geeze, as a kid that seemed so innocent. Now not so much. :rolleyes:

...anyhow, don't think we can get Underdog, billy. After popping all those "Underdog Super Energy Pills" there's no way he passes a whiz quiz...

Oh yeah, I forgot. Geeze, as a kid that seemed so innocent. Now not so much. :rolleyes:

You forgot about the Bat-whizinator that Batman has. I am sure all the super-dudes have one by now.