If New Orleans trades to get the pats 7th.

Thurmanation

Take Mendenhall.

I cant say i agree with you what so ever, we already have Kenny Irons and DeDe, Glass Perry, Rudi, and Watson..taking ANOTHER running back in the first is a wasted pick. I also believe that Mendenhall was only great because of his amazing Oline, if you watch film they open up the biggest holes for him, and we all know any RB could produce HoF numbers with an elite Oline in front of them..

Take Mendenhall.

In this draft, with so many stud OT's flopping around, I'd go hunt there. The Bengals have many holes to fill so drafting at #9 will give them the chance to fill one of them. DT, OT, OLB, Safety, RB are the biggest holes. In this draft, DT, OT, RB have some studs worthy of #9. Take one.

If New Orleans trades to get the pats 7th and takes Ellis (and if Dorsey is already taken by ATL) Who do we take? a DE? OT?
That's a hell-uva question... I think if Clady and Long are gone and the D big 4 are gone, then I think whomever we pick at 9 we will be reaching alittle... Me personally, I'd reach alittle for a DE pick up a good solid DT in rd 2.... I'd look at RB with 1 of our picks in Rd3... Still I have hope or faith that Ellis will still be there at #9 or a trade up to get a great player...

If New Orleans trades to get the pats 7th and takes Ellis (and if Dorsey is already taken by ATL) Who do we take? a DE? OT?
That's a hell-uva question... I think if Clady and Long are gone and the D big 4 are gone, then I think whomever we pick at 9 we will be reaching alittle... Me personally, I'd reach alittle for a DE pick up a good solid DT in rd 2.... I'd look at RB with 1 of our picks in Rd3... Still I have hope or faith that Ellis will still be there at #9 or a trade up to get a great player...

The key is if somebody actually takes that damned Troy CB ahead of us. If somebody does, and he's projected to go ahead of us most places I've read, then that means we get either one of the good O-linemen, defender, or the Matt Ryan auction. (4 DL + 2 OL + McFadden + CB + Ryan = 9). Strange as it is, that CB becomes the key to our pick. If he goes, we're golden. If he doesn't then it gets interesting, and we're forced to reach with Rivers, Otah, get yet another damned RB, or Harvey out of Fla.

I'm not sure why, but Clady appears to be slipping. A lot of mocks have him around 10-13 now for some reason.

or a trade up to get a great player...

There it is. We need a DT, New Orleans needs a DT. Which team will be proactive and do something about it?

My guess would be New Orleans.

Bengals have already shown they are willing to cough up picks for a stud DT, so don't rule them out. Personally, I think a trade up is more likely than a trade down.

Guys better be paying attention to Brandon Albert from Virginia. Buzz is that he is athletic enough to play LT and has had an incredible Pro Day. He has moved from top 20 to top ten in the last week and has vaulted over Williams from Vandy, Clady, and Otah on some draft boards. LINK: http://www.gbnreport.com/

Clady scoring a reported 13 on his wonderlic has given alot of teams pause. LINK: http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/24/...e-really-means/

Albert is 6'6" 310 lbs and apparently interviewed brilliantly at the combine. LINK: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=33795

If Dorsey and Ellis are gone I think the pick has to be O-Line. Rivers would be a reach at 9 as would all the remaining DE's. Albert is an intriguing prospect. He has the kind of versatility that Marvin covets. Only 23 reps of 225 is kind of concerning though. Is he going to have the strength to hold up against powerful D-lineman?

If Dorsey and Ellis are gone I think the pick has to be O-Line. Rivers would be a reach at 9 as would all the remaining DE's. Albert is an intriguing prospect. He has the kind of versatility that Marvin covets. Only 23 reps of 225 is kind of concerning though. Is he going to have the strength to hold up against powerful D-lineman?

Don't get power confused with the repetition measurements. High reps don't always equal power. Proper technique is even more important. A player who can bench 225 lbs. 23 times but can out maneuver and leverage a guy who can bench 225lbs 33 times is a better choice. i think too often the combine numbers are used to quantify and compare players on the surface instead of taking the time to analyze their game play and their potential.

And even so, if a guy has potential he can improve his overall strength being only 21-23 years old.

or a trade up to get a great player...

There it is. We need a DT, New Orleans needs a DT. Which team will be proactive and do something about it?

My guess would be New Orleans.

Bengals have already shown they are willing to cough up picks for a stud DT, so don't rule them out. Personally, I think a trade up is more likely than a trade down.

I hope so. Being aggressive would be a nice change for this team. I would think a 3rd round pick would allow them to jump from 10 to 7 or possibly to 5. I would hesitate giving up the second round pick.

I would think a 3rd round pick would allow them to jump from 10 to 7 or possibly to 5.

Doesn't anybody remember the Jets "brilliant" move in jumping up for Dewayne Robertson? and that was in a WEAK draft year - it screwed them up for a long time.

IF the players you have targeted as VALUE picks at #9 are not there - TRADE DOWN. Even if you don't get full 'value'. What you save in cap space will make up for any perceived slight in draft trade value.

Don't get power confused with the repetition measurements. High reps don't always equal power. Proper technique is even more important. A player who can bench 225 lbs. 23 times but can out maneuver and leverage a guy who can bench 225lbs 33 times is a better choice. i think too often the combine numbers are used to quantify and compare players on the surface instead of taking the time to analyze their game play and their potential.

And even so, if a guy has potential he can improve his overall strength being only 21-23 years old.

Couldn't agree anymore, my bench was up to 4 reps at 225 when i was 17, and I played with a buddy of mine who could bench 225 - 11 reps and i would always crush him on the one on one drills, theres a lot that go into strength other then chest, you draw most your power from your legs anyway, and im sure we all know the lowest man ALWAYS wins.

I would think a 3rd round pick would allow them to jump from 10 to 7 or possibly to 5.

Doesn't anybody remember the Jets "brilliant" move in jumping up for Dewayne Robertson? and that was in a WEAK draft year - it screwed them up for a long time.

IF the players you have targeted as VALUE picks at #9 are not there - TRADE DOWN. Even if you don't get full 'value'. What you save in cap space will make up for any perceived slight in draft trade value.

Out of the Mouth of Babes....

Hey, Marvin, If the guy you want aint there at #9 ...........

TRADE DOWN.....

Who cares if we have 10 picks now, trade down to the mid teens and add another 2nd and 5th .... :sure:

Hell we have EXTRA picks! Use a damn 3rd rounder to get a stud DT like Ellis or Dorsey if the opportunity is there. Jeezus, it's a third round pick. It's a fuggin Landon Johnson at BEST. Use ONE just ONE (we have 2) of the 3rd round picks and be proactive for the first time in probably 2 decades!!!! This is if and only if the oppotunity is there to get a difference maker at say pick 5 or 7.

Hell we have EXTRA picks! Use a damn 3rd rounder to get a stud DT like Ellis or Dorsey if the opportunity is there. Jeezus, it's a third round pick. It's a fuggin Landon Johnson at BEST. Use ONE just ONE (we have 2) of the 3rd round picks and be proactive for the first time in probably 2 decades!!!! This is if and only if the oppotunity is there to get a difference maker at say pick 5 or 7.

I truly believe the rest of the league is expecting us to inquire about trading up with somebody... Mike Brown is on record, stating that they will stay pat at #9 unless somebody offers something good for a trade... It takes 2 to tango is my point and I don't want to trade down and get nothing just to move down in the draft...