Interesting Fanene Note

rwalling

SAMOAN CONNECTION: It's official: Jonathan Fanene is a defensive tackle. He's beefed up to 300 pounds, and ready to clog the middle.

"If they put me and Domata (Peko) inside, I'm telling you, it's over," Fanene said.

Does this mean the 1st round attention shifts to a DE?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If they put me and Domata (Peko) inside, I'm telling you, it's over," Fanene said.

God-DAM I love hearing someone from the Bengals DL speak up about being motivated to play, and play WELL!! :bengal:

I'm so sick of all the Chad BS I don't even bother reading the threads anymore.

Walls: No DE at #9 overall if I am picking. Odom/Geathers are a fine pair.

Address other needs. Ellis if he's there. If not, RB? WR? OL? One of those.

There's no WR worthy of the 9th pick. If McFadden is there hopefully we can trade with Dallas to acquire their 2 first round picks. I'm not sold on McFadden. He's a nice player, but if I'm taking a RB that high he better be an everydown back and that McFadden is not. I'd actually be fine with Keith Rivers if Ellis is gone.

God-DAM I love hearing someone from the Bengals DL speak up about being motivated to play, and play WELL!! :bengal:

I'm so sick of all the Chad BS I don't even bother reading the threads anymore.

You and me both... Screw Chad... I like Fanene and I think if he stays healthy he can really help us, but if the Bengals think

he's the answer to our DL problems they are only fooling themselves... B)

Our 1st Rd. pick is, in this order (Best available) LB, Safety, DE/DT.

I think you could argue that they will not even draft a safety this year, let alone in the 1st Rd. The top saftey in the draft is grading out at mid to late 1st Rd. so I would say its a wasted pick if the Bengals take Phillips at #9.

LB- maybe, but not Rivers.

DE- definitley not with all the money tied up there, although they could get one later in the draft.

DT- most assuredly if Ellis is there.

I think you could argue that they will not even draft a safety this year, let alone in the 1st Rd. The top saftey in the draft is grading out at mid to late 1st Rd. so I would say its a wasted pick if the Bengals take Phillips at #9.

DE- definitley not with all the money tied up there, although they could get one later in the draft.

If Ellis or Dorsey are there, yeah, the Bengals will take a DT for sure. But, they won't be. So in turn, we're looking at LB or Safety as our #1 if we keep the #9 pick overall. We may trade our pick for a later pick... Most likely with the #9 pick we'll select a LB, but I wouldn't mind drafting the BEST safety, Phillips.

BTW, safties are arguably the best special teams players. WE have tremendous depth at Safety but not one STUD (White and Nduke have the potential. Maybe the Candian???)... It wouldn't hurt to grab one in the draft.

You know most mock drafts listed in the Mock Draft Muncher run by the Hail Redskins site that have been updated in the last week have us taking either Ellis or Dorsey because one of the two will slip past KC and the next three teams play a 3-4. I think it is very reasonable to hope that one of those two makes it to #9. The question is, which one? I get the feeling more and more that it will be Dorsey rather than Ellis.

If Ellis or Dorsey are there, yeah, the Bengals will take a DT for sure. But, they won't be. So in turn, we're looking at LB or Safety as our #1 if we keep the #9 pick overall. We may trade our pick for a later pick... Most likely with the #9 pick we'll select a LB, but I wouldn't mind drafting the BEST safety, Phillips.

BTW, safties are arguably the best special teams players. WE have tremendous depth at Safety but not one STUD (White and Nduke have the potential. Maybe the Candian???)... It wouldn't hurt to grab one in the draft.

I agree that most likely Ellis and Dorsey will be gone by the time the Bengals pick. Not to sound too much like HAIR but I have saying as much for weeks now. That's why I think the most likely and the best value at that pick is RB.

Not to sound too much like HAIR but I have saying as much for weeks now.

You could do worse.

Indeed. You could start throwing around phrases such as, "and there's the rub".

That would be MUCH worse. :P

For better or worse we can all agree I'm the only poster here allowed to do any rubbing.

Just think of it as my intellectual property.

Oh, and Fugtard is mine too.

Not to sound too much like HAIR but I have saying as much for weeks now.

You could do worse.

Indeed. You could start throwing around phrases such as, "and there's the rub".

That would be MUCH worse. :P

For better or worse we can all agree I'm the only poster here allowed to do any rubbing.

Just think of it as my intellectual property.

Oh, and Fugtard is mine too.

You could use Asshat...which was a popular term on another message board

How'd we go from Fanene making it on the D-line to talking about the draft??

The original poster asked specifically if Fanene moving to DT (tho I'll add he already played both DT and DE) affected the draft

Yes, you have to read the whole original post there fella.

Honestly, I love it that Fanane is moving to DT. It helps us in the middle... I think now we can draft (of course Ellis or Dorsey if available) elsewhere with the #9 pick, defensively. Then grab a DT in the 2nd rd.

Here's something I figured out this season... It was my first attempt at doing a "Bengals Mock" and it forced me to look at not only our needs, but that of other teams picking ahead of us. Couple that with looking at the level of talent once you get by the top 3 at each position and the signing of Odom and I will reverse my previous stance of saying that going offense in the first round isn't such a forgone conclusion. As much as I would love to see a DT fall to us at #9, you have to look at the big picture and see how things might shake out if they don't fall.

Here's to hoping Ellis or Dorsey fall and New Orleans doesn't make a trade up to get either one of them if they fall to Baltimore at #8.

That is more of a concern to me than seeing if they fall and you KNOW Baltimore would make that trade in a heartbeat !!!

Back on topic though, I will say (regardless of how insignificant) nothing warms my heart more than hearing ANYONE on our defense get FIRED UP about ANYTHING !!! Hell be fired up about cupcakes for all I care, just get FIRED UP AND COME KICK SOME ASS !!!

WHODEY !!!

You could use Asshat...which was a popular term on another message board

I do use asshat from time to time, but I don't claim it as my own intellectual property. Besides, all trademarks eventually expire and asshat has been around for quite some time. Thus, I believe asshat belongs to the world.

And then there's dink. (That's mine too.)

:lol: