Chad Johnson

HoosierCat

If I was Chad I would want out of Cincy too.

Seriously. That backwoods hickville is down at the bottom of the list of where most NFL players would want to be. Then you have the jackass fans on top of it? Please..

Jackass fans? That totally explains your presence here. Thank for enlightening us Joe Wrong.

What a POS. <_<

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow! T.O. and Chad on the same offense? They'd be awesome...if they didn't implode in training camp.

Yup. Would be sweet. Could kiss that N.E. 18-1 goodbye.

I mean, Jerry Johnson got 5 players & 4 draft picks for Hershel Walker, !!

Jerry Jones. ;)

But yeah. I still say trade for Terry Glenn and a 1st. Why? Glenn can hold us off for a year on drafting a new WR and that extra pick could really, REALLY help the D or Oline.

Jimmy Johnson, I couldn't pull the name, only the vision of the never moving hair !

The question is at what point does he realize that being a distraction hurts the chance of making the playoffs which is what he said he wants to do. I understand he's try to pull a Dillon/Pickens and get off of the team, but if he is made to stay will he shut up and soldier through it?

Seriously. That backwoods hickville is down at the bottom of the list of where most NFL players would want to be. Then you have the jackass fans on top of it? Please..

Jackass fans? That totally explains your presence here. Thank for enlightening us Joe Wrong.

What a POS. <_<

Explain to me how this doesn't officially make JoeWrong a Troll?

I am tired of these dirt bags wanting long term deals, getting long term deals and then complaining about it when they arent making as much. They are getting paid millions to do what I would do for free. Let Chad sit and cry on the bench but dont let the guy out of his contract. This complaining your way out of Cincinnati has got to stop, Corey Dillion set the precedent followed by Takeo... it has to stop somewhere.

What a POS. <_<

I agree...boycott the Pong.

What a POS. <_<

He just speaks the truth. It is kind of a backwoods hickville in the eyes of many. I would imagine that it would be on the bottom of my list too as a pro athlete... Don't get me wrong, I love Cincinnati. Just try to look at the city from a different perspective.

Oh, and I don't think he was actually referring to us Bengalzoners as "jackasses", but actually the masses of Bengals fans who decided to show up when we were winning and as soon as things got a little ugly they decided to show their true fairweatherness... Not a troll.

What a POS. <_<

What a POS. <_<

I agree...boycott the Pong.

I'm workin' on it, believe me.

i think it's time for chad to go! trade his ass, we could get a team to rework his contract and do a sign and trade. so we are not stuck with his cap hit. the last thing we need is a p***y ass cry baby bitch to ruin another season. let's be honest chad puts up decent numbers but, he is not a game changing talent. he is not even close to a moss or to what owens even used to be. then he drops way to many passes and disappears when he is needed the most. the real question is it time to draft a wideout high in the draft? i think it is. hell if, i was marvin when camp starts. i would have henry and tj as my starters and chad as a backup. if chad wants to act like a little bitch then, that's how i would treat him. heck try to work out a trade with someone for players or picks just get him off this team!

i think it's time for chad to go! trade his ass, we could get a team to rework his contract and do a sign and trade. so we are not stuck with his cap hit.

Doesn't work that way. There is no way to avoid the $8 million cap hit in a trade, that's all yet-to-be-prorated bonus money.

i think it's time for chad to go! trade his ass, we could get a team to rework his contract and do a sign and trade. so we are not stuck with his cap hit.

Doesn't work that way. There is no way to avoid the $8 million cap hit in a trade, that's all yet-to-be-prorated bonus money.

there's no way we could extend his deal to lessen the hit. i am not a 100% sure on how all the contract bonuses work. what is his cap numbers for next year?

there's no way we could extend his deal to lessen the hit. i am not a 100% sure on how all the contract bonuses work. what is his cap numbers for next year?

Extending his deal doesn't help. Signing bonuses are prorated over the lifetime of the contract. For example, if you have a 5-year contract with a $10 million signing bonus, then for cap purposes $2 million of that bonus counts each year until the whole $10 million is accounted for in year five. If that player is traded in, say, year 3, then the bonus amounts for year 4 and 5 ($4 million combined) accelerate into year 3, for a total "dead money" hit of $6 million.

Chad has a cap hit of something more than $6 million this year. That would increase to $8 million (in dead money) if he were traded. The Bengals could absorb that hit temporarily, but given how they have been spending in FA to date, would have to make some cuts or restructure some deals once time comes to sign their draft picks. (A trade would also strengthen Stacy Andrews' hand, since the Bengals would be in greater need of a long term deal that would lessen his cap hit. And let's not even get into what it would mean for any hopes of an extension of TJ.)

Alternatively, the Bengals could just cut Chad and designate him as a June 1 cut. That would allow them to spread the $8 million hit over two years, $4 million this year and next. But then they get nothing in return, and we can all probably start arguing whether they should take Kelly or Sweed or Early or Hardy or Jackson at 9...

He's clearly into this little game he and Rosenhaus contrived - it's called the "T.O. Ploy"

IMHO, it's time to start our own game. Sorry Chad, I really wish you had not pushed it to this point

Our game

1) It is up to coaches how many snaps/reps folks take at minicamps and other such events. If Chad deigns to actually show up, you place him last in line, behind rookie free agents and etc for practice time

2) If Chad deigns to show up for training camp in July, same deal. Few if any snaps.

3) If there is any hint of injury, it's off to IR for the year. IR = no playing time, no opportunity for glory or for trade, no incentives earned, a year down the tubes. I believe IR'ed players are not paid at full salary, which helps us financially as well

4) If no injury occurs, you suspend Chad for conduct unbecoming for the maximum number of games the CBA allows you to. Any weeks where he is not suspended, he goes on the inactive list. Again, if there is any hint of injury, it's IR time.

Bottom line is that Chad sits out the year on our terms rather than his, earning as little money as possible (he will still earn more than you and I ever will even if he sits, that's the nature of the NFL and the CBA) and as out of the picture as possible. The snaps he'd use up in practice and games go to folks who want to be here and help us win.

Repeat next year if necessary, and so forth. Consider trades (and it doesn't mater if an inactive year lowers his trade value - right now his value is crap anyway) only when the cap hit is manageable, and then only to a team that has little or no chance of going to the Superbowl

Do I like any of this? Absolutely not. I'd rather have Chad out there winning games for us like he used to. But if until Chad backs off this little "Rosencrap/T.O" game, he needs to pay the steepest price possible for the damage he is doing to our team.

Man up, Chad. You signed a professional contract. Be a professional.

Joepong was right when he mentioned our jackass fans... Are you f**king serious dude? Terry Glenn for Chad Johnson? I'm sorry headless, that was the biggest jackass statement I've ever heard from a Bengals fan! Terry Glenn? You gotta be kidding right?

You must not read your own posts then if that was the "biggest jackass statement"... Look I know you love CJ and wanna have his lovechild, whatever. It isn't about T.G. Anyone with a functioning brain can see that. It's about getting a bandaid at WR for a season(T.G.) and one of DC's first rounders. With that extra first we could really REALLY make an impact on defense. After season trade T.G. for whatever we can get in picks and draft a WR. It's pretty simple.

Has he actually come out and said it's a new contract he's after? I haven't seen that anywhere. If so, why wouldn't he just say so and do a Strahan?

I keep hearing "playoffs and Superbowl" from him, and get the impression he doesn't feel the team is doing enough to get there (similar to the Pickens, Dillon and Spikes) so assume that's what it's mainly about - after all his deal is right up there still in the top 5 for WR's, where it should be (he's not the best there is anymore).

While I do blame the Bengals' for their institutional problems across the board, for always seeming to have an unhappy record holding star player, Chad has obviously become an incredible distraction and annoyance, and I'm guessing Marvin just wants to get rid of him, but his hands are tied by both Mike Brown and Chad's contract.

Chad is not an intelligent person necessarily, is not pointed or specific in whatever he is unhappy with, but continues to go public with it, and is just making it harder on himself.

Yeah I've had enough of him - but more so for his on-field antics and short-comings than his demands the Bengals do more to get better - something I wish other players would do more of honestly.

If the team were smart, they should take a look at drafting his replacement next month. Then I would tell him that he is still part of the team and he is welcome to be part of the 2008 season. However, there will be no renegotiation of the contract he signed in 2006 and he will not be traded this year because of the cap hit. I would make it overly clear that there is really nothing to talk about at this point.

So if he wants to sit out then go ahead. We were 7-9 last year with this guy and 8-8 the year before when he disappeared for the last three games and we missed the playoffs. I get the feeling that he is expecting some great outcry my the local fanbase and I just don't think that is going to happen. I for one am tired of spoiled athletes and them telling us how bad they've got it.

Has he actually come out and said it's a new contract he's after? I haven't seen that anywhere. If so, why wouldn't he just say so and do a Strahan?

I keep hearing "playoffs and Superbowl" from him, and get the impression he doesn't feel the team is doing enough to get there (similar to the Pickens, Dillon and Spikes) so assume that's what it's mainly about - after all his deal is right up there still in the top 5 for WR's, where it should be (he's not the best there is anymore).

While I do blame the Bengals' for their institutional problems across the board, for always seeming to have an unhappy record holding star player, Chad has obviously become an incredible distraction and annoyance, and I'm guessing Marvin just wants to get rid of him, but his hands are tied by both Mike Brown and Chad's contract.

Chad is not an intelligent person necessarily, is not pointed or specific in whatever he is unhappy with, but continues to go public with it, and is just making it harder on himself.

Yeah I've had enough of him - but more so for his on-field antics and short-comings than his demands the Bengals do more to get better - something I wish other players would do more of honestly.

Chad is scripted by Drew Rosenhaus, a very intelligent, very capable agent, so Chad's brains aren't an issue here.

Rosenhaus appears to administering death to Chad's contract by a thousands pin pricks to Mike Brown's ass. Chad of course will have to become so disgruntled that his trade value vanishes leaving cutting him the only way out. This saga will be resolved after the draft but before the season starts, IMHO.

Joepong was right when he mentioned our jackass fans... Are you f**king serious dude? Terry Glenn for Chad Johnson? I'm sorry headless, that was the biggest jackass statement I've ever heard from a Bengals fan! Terry Glenn? You gotta be kidding right?

You must not read your own posts then if that was the "biggest jackass statement"... Look I know you love CJ and wanna have his lovechild, whatever. It isn't about T.G. Anyone with a functioning brain can see that. It's about getting a bandaid at WR for a season(T.G.) and one of DC's first rounders. With that extra first we could really REALLY make an impact on defense. After season trade T.G. for whatever we can get in picks and draft a WR. It's pretty simple.

I'm not a writer... sorry.

Seriously though, we're not talking about english class, we're talking about your proposed trade of Chad Johnson for Terry Glenn? LMAO! That's too funny, you made my day... Honestly what's going through you mind when think Terry Glenn. Out of all the WR's you say Terry Glenn. :lmao:

I see possible action IN the draft if a WR is taken in r1 or r2

This now seems entirely possible and reasonable, whereas a week ago I was 100% opposed to taking a WR early

Hopefully, if we do this, we can work out a trade down since the top receivers are probably more lower 1st round or early r2 types

I had to re-read that again... So what your saying is that we should trade Chad Johnson for Terry Glenn, only to be used as a bandaid. We should then trade Terry after the 2008 season for whatever picks possible to draft another WR? Basically all we're gettting out of the deal, for Chad Johnson, a top 5 All-Pro WR, is a Rookie defender and then a late rd. WR in 2009, both who would be unproven???

Laughable and completely unrealistic. That's all I have to say about your crazy idea.

Has he actually come out and said it's a new contract he's after? I haven't seen that anywhere.

His agent admitted some time ago that renegotiating his existing contract was something they had tried and failed to do....probably because the Bengals have more pressing needs than renegotiating Chad's contract every two years. His trade demands began some time after that. Reach your own conclusions about whether the two positions are related or simply an odd coincidence.

There's also this. During the Total Access rant Chad went on and on about how it's always about money, and how money is the motivation for everything you do. He then closed that portion of his rant by saying he didn't ...."want more money from where I'm at."

In short, Chad has crafted his trade demands around the desire for a change in scenery and lofty Super Bowl goals, things that deflect the criticism he'd surely receive if he were honest about his salary demands. But there's the rub because Chad knows a trade will be quickly followed by a renegotiated contract that gives him everything he wants. That being, more money and a fresh start in a city that hasn't grown tired of his act.

Last point. Don't be too impressed by Chad's talk about wanting to play for a Super Bowl contender as one of the teams he's expressed the most interest in playing for is a 1-15 Miami Dolphins team that lacks almost everything, including a true starting QB. But I have no doubts Chad would happily play for the Dolphins if the price was right.