two free agents

bengalsfan17

There are just two free agents that the bengals need to go after this offseason. Michael Turner who I think could be one of the better backs in the league, and Corey Williams a DT from green bay who can rush the passer and stop the run...then you dont have so many needs going into the draft. Then we could take a pass rushing end in the draft or an outside Lb..or whatever falls to us

I'd be thrilled to have either of them, but both Turner and Williams are going to get offers roughly the size of Jupiter. There's just no way they end up here.

I don't want anything to do with Michael Turner, the only people that the Bengals should go after in free agency is defensive players and there are not that many out there worth signing. Get Corey Willaims or Odom and I will be a happy man, the main emphasis should be on the players we get in the draft. I don't know if we are cutting Deltha or not but if they plan on it they need to address that nickelback position.

If they're expensive, still in their primes, and highly sought after, rest assured the Bengals' won't be part of the process. Nice to dream though.

Bobbie Williams, Dexter Jackson were free agents with good resume's still well under 30 when arriving and not cheap with Bobbie getting over $10 mil and counting; Jackson getting $4 mil and counting. Unfortunately in the NFL, most guys go into FA either too old or too injured. For those few that are prime beef, getting into a bidding war is crazy. Especially when you have Carson Palmer's numbers to manage.

Bobbie Williams, Dexter Jackson were free agents with good resume's still well under 30 when arriving and not cheap with Bobbie getting over $10 mil and counting; Jackson getting $4 mil and counting. Unfortunately in the NFL, most guys go into FA either too old or too injured. For those few that are prime beef, getting into a bidding war is crazy. Especially when you have Carson Palmer's numbers to manage.

Who let SoP in here!?! <_<

Who let SoP in here!?! <_<

Yea, it's tough when reality rears its ugly head.

Just wait a few minutes and someone will post the unsupported assertions that Mike Brown is cheap, there are plenty of available pro-bowler free agents to be had at reasonable cost, and the Bengals under Marvin Lewis are losers.

The problem isn't money. The problem is that guys like Turner and Williams are atop this year's FA class at their positions. As such, they are going to have multiple suitors. That will result in teams' offers bloating to the aforementioned Jovian proportions, but paradoxically that makes the money far less important. There going to get paid ludicrous coin wherever they go. So it will come down to where they want to be. Even if the Bengals got involved, who here believes either of these guys would choose us versus a Dallas or DC or NE or basically anywhere else except maybe AZ?

I am frustrated more so than ever because the Bengals' really are a few players away from being a very good team with real playoff potential, but they don't seem to care much.

Why do you think Chad's acting out? Carson and TJ have also made similar comments just after the season.

A good draft and a top FA (or two) could get them there.

Focusing on the d-line, o-line, and LB would do it IMO.

Farting around with Dexter Jackson's, Michael Myers and Stepanovich's are just more of the same, won't improve them, etc...,

I don't "expect" them to get a top FA, but what's stopping Lewis from convincing a player or two they could really use, to come here, and for Mike Brown to be on the same page? Hell over-pay for someone, who cares? Make room, get creative, cut someone, etc..., Forget the loyalty crap and lowered standards.

Oh but it's the "woe is us" mentality, we're just the Bengals and well, good things can't happen here more than once every 20 years.

Doesn't "have" to be that way folks!

I am frustrated more so than ever because the Bengals' really are a few players away from being a very good team with real playoff potential

A good draft and a top FA (or two) could get them there.

Focusing on the d-line, o-line, and LB would do it IMO.

And your opinion would be right on the money. Call it our RX for success.

Just wait a few minutes and someone will post the unsupported assertions that Mike Brown is cheap, there are plenty of available pro-bowler free agents to be had at reasonable cost, and the Bengals under Marvin Lewis are losers.

Just how do you figure that's unsupported!?!

Remember when Tony Siragusa was available as a FA after leaving the Colts? He was contacted by the Bungles who refused to send him a plane ticket so he could come out to Cincy and work out for them. When his agent balked at the idea of Tony paying his own way SoP reluctantly acquiesced and sent him a ticket....in coach!

Tony's agent again balked and finally as in pulling teeth finally, SoP gave in and sent him a first class ticket so he could visit Riverfront Stadium. It was most probably the only thing "first class" about Tony's visit. Mike Brown was even quoted at that time when he was called on it by the press that he didn't understand why players who were suppose to "want" to play for a team and stood to make millions anyway needed to have their flights paid for by the team.

After visiting Tony promptly signed with our rivals, the Baltimore Ravens. <_<

That's just one public example. We could go on and discuss Mike Shula's continued coaching position being held for him chiefly because SoP was quoted as saying he didn't like to pay people when they no longer worked for him. Or Ricky Hunley's agent advising the Bungles that his client had no desire to play in Cincinnati and for SoP to please NOT draft him because of the Bungles reputation for being so cheap and not wanting to negotiate fairly with their players.

Or how Marvin insisted on upgrading the facilities which were to quote the press in Cincinnati “Amongst the worst in the league if not thee worst!”

And on and on and on....

What color is the sky in your world anyway? Rose colored I'd guess.... ;)

Just how do you figure that's unsupported!?!

Remember when Tony Siragusa was available as a FA after leaving the Colts? He was contacted by the Bungles who refused to send him a plane ticket so he could come out to Cincy and work out for them. When his agent balked at the idea of Tony paying his own way SoP reluctantly acquiesced and sent him a ticket....in coach!

Tony's agent again balked and finally as in pulling teeth finally, SoP gave in and sent him a first class ticket so he could visit Riverfront Stadium. It was most probably the only thing "first class" about Tony's visit. Mike Brown was even quoted at that time when he was called on it by the press that he didn't understand why players who were suppose to "want" to play for a team and stood to make millions anyway needed to have their flights paid for by the team.

After visiting Tony promptly signed with our rivals, the Baltimore Ravens. <_<

That's just one public example. We could go on and discuss Mike Shula's continued coaching position being held for him chiefly because SoP was quoted as saying he didn't like to pay people when they no longer worked for him. Or Ricky Hunley's agent advising the Bungles that his client had no desire to play in Cincinnati and for SoP to please NOT draft him because of the Bungles reputation for being so cheap and not wanting to negotiate fairly with their players.

Or how Marvin insisted on upgrading the facilities which were to quote the press in Cincinnati “Amongst the worst in the league if not thee worst!”

And on and on and on....

In approximately 90 seconds, you will be accused of living in the 90's. Haven't you received the memo? SOP has changed! I guess there is all this overwhelming evidence I have yet to be privy to...

Remember when Tony Siragusa

I believe this happened March, 1997. You should also remember to use the word "Lumina" when referring to free agent visits. 1997

We could go on and discuss Mike Shula's continued coaching position being held for him chiefly because SoP

I believe he was fired in November 1996. How dare you besmirch the name of respected restaurateur Dave Shula by reminding us of his glorious head coaching career. 1996

Or Ricky Hunley's agent advising the Bungles

This happened Jan or Feb., 1984. 1984

Grey with snow falling out of it. Please do not update me on the weather in SoCal as that news may cause me to start hurting myself.

Remember when Tony Siragusa

I believe this happened March, 1997. You should also remember to use the word "Lumina" when referring to free agent visits. 1997

We could go on and discuss Mike Shula's continued coaching position being held for him chiefly because SoP

I believe he was fired in November 1996. How dare you besmirch the name of respected restaurateur Dave Shula by reminding us of his glorious head coaching career. 1996

Or Ricky Hunley's agent advising the Bungles

This happened Jan or Feb., 1984. 1984

Well at least we can see you've got a sense of humor. :P

In approximately 90 seconds, you will be accused of living in the 90's.

Whoa! Way to go Jet!!

Are you psychic or something? Can you provide me with the winning California lottery numbers? B)

Sure. Fly me out there and I'll deliver them in person.

Oh no no, I wouldn't want to take you away from your friends and family. Just PM them to me buddy. :sure: