Chad to Parcells: "Call me"

LABengalsFan09

trust me. the sound will make the rounds tonight... B)

Chad & Bengals 1st rd pick for Dolphins 1st and 3rd round picks....

Had anyone but you had posted this, and I wouldn't have given it an ounce of credibility. Seeing how I know who you work for, I will stand by.

Even if a deal gets done for Chad, no way do I see the Bengals taking the first pick in the draft. Something else would have to get worked out. Whatever comes out about the Dolphins, no doubt Chad would love to play there. It's home for him. Pretty funny that just when Chad wants out of Cinci and wants to head south, Bill Parcells, of all people, is in charge of Miami. Tough break for Chad.

Even if a deal gets done for Chad, no way do I see the Bengals taking the first pick in the draft. Something else would have to get worked out. Whatever comes out about the Dolphins, no doubt Chad would love to play there. It's home for him. Pretty funny that just when Chad wants out of Cinci and wants to head south, Bill Parcells, of all people, is in charge of Miami. Tough break for Chad.

What about the large cap hit for Cincy? Plus first pick of the draft money means Cincy is really shooting its wad. Question for the more experienced Bengal watchers. What are the odds, Cincy would spend so lavishly?

If it were me, I'd do that deal. Remember, Carson is the franchise player, not Chad. If KnuckleHead Henry has turned his corner, he is a more than adequate replacement for 85.

I know it won't happen, but I'd hit that.

Pick 1, round 1: Bengals take Glenn Dorsey.

Pick 9, round 1: Bengals take DeSean Jackson.

That would take care of depth at WR (weaker then we want to think), insures we get a first round target for Palmer every couple years, and a huge boost to special teams. Or maybe Jake Long...whatever.

I know it won't happen, but I'd hit that.

Pick 1, round 1: Bengals take Glenn Dorsey.

Pick 9, round 1: Bengals take DeSean Jackson.

That would take care of depth at WR (weaker then we want to think), insures we get a first round target for Palmer every couple years, and a huge boost to special teams. Or maybe Jake Long...whatever.

No he said the Chad and the Bengals #9 pick, for the Dolphins #1 pick and their 3rd round pick...

So the Bengals would no longer have the #9 pick.

If the Bengals did do this, and go the #1 pick, I'd hope they traded down out of it and picked up some more picks. Then they would be basically be trading Chad for the #1 pick in the third round plus any other picks they picked up from trading back down out of the first pick. That would actually be getting quite a lot for him.

Yikes, if he actually said that in the way that you imply (and if he did, why wouldn't it be publicized immediately?), that's basically a trade demand, knowing he'll immediately start a slide of people ganging up against him here in town that will snow ball over the next few months.

Dillon deja vu.

This franchise breeds anymosity in their great players now, wanting out, as soon as they realize they'll never get a ring here.

Yeah but you know, there's nothing wrong with the way they run things, and it's alllll changed since Marv was hired.

Yikes, if he actually said that in the way that you imply (and if he did, why wouldn't it be publicized immediately?), that's basically a trade demand, knowing he'll immediately start a slide of people ganging up against him here in town that will snow ball over the next few months.

Dillon deja vu.

This franchise breeds anymosity in their great players now, wanting out, as soon as they realize they'll never get a ring here.

Yeah but you know, there's nothing wrong with the way they run things, and it's alllll changed since Marv was hired.

I see your point, but you're taking it too far. Even teams that DO win, and have a track history of treating their players well still run into these things.

Why the hell would Carson be run out of town? :wacko:

I hardly think Chad is getting his house egged either. It's always the fans fault eh? Well no, it isn't. However, the fans are the ones who always have to eat the massive quantities of s**t force fed us by the Franchise or players.

What about the large cap hit for Cincy? Plus first pick of the draft money means Cincy is really shooting its wad. Question for the more experienced Bengal watchers. What are the odds, Cincy would spend so lavishly?

If it were me, I'd do that deal. Remember, Carson is the franchise player, not Chad. If KnuckleHead Henry has turned his corner, he is a more than adequate replacement for 85.

chris henry has no work ethic. he showed improvement in his second season but after his suspension he seemed out of shape. i think hes a good blocker but as far as route running he just relies on his size and speed and goes for the long ball.

i saw this guy jog 10 yards into the endzone once (this season) and just raise his hand calling for palmer to throw him the ball. no joke. it was like he was playing basketball and posting up. come on henry...

Youd give up a guy who has been led his conference 4 years in a row, which has never been done, led the NFL which has never been done by a Bengal before, to move up 15 places or so in the third round? Who had a down year and STILL broke the Bengal record for recieving yardage?

Glad you arent the GM, cause that is insane.

Nice. Youtube code.

It's available here too. Just enter the code after the "=" mark of the YouTube code in the "Insert Special Item" box. It'll have a YouTube option to put it in, and you will get the same result Pidge.