Dumbest team I have ever seen

bengalsfan17

this loss to one of the worst teams in the nfl is pathetic....and the fact that they gave us a chance to come back when they went for it on fourth down instead of kicking a short field goal is even more pathetic...we got the dumbest coach in the nfl who doesnt know how to manage a game....kind of like jerry narron........we have a receiver who pouts the whole game because he is not getting the ball enough and then with the game on the line and a pass right in his hands and he drops it...and its not the only big drop he has had...there have been so many i have stopped counting...the same goes to some guy named marvin....he is so bad he doesnt deserve to be called coach anymore...he certainly shouldnt be a head coach in the nfl with the decisions that he has made....hey lets waste another time out on a play that took 2 seconds to review...all i can say is this team is the dumbest in the nfl from top to bottom...lets see how smart mikey boy can be...because anyone watching the bengals and marvin knows he cannot manage a game and our defense is terrible..and all of you who voted that you are optimistic about how good the defense has played lately i hoped you watched tonight because they just got ran by the third string quarterback of the second worst team in this league.....so mikey are you smart enough to figure out that you need to get rid of marvin and flip the roster or are we going to be filled with false hope again next year...grow a pair mikey

this loss to one of the worst teams in the nfl is pathetic....and the fact that they gave us a chance to come back when they went for it on fourth down instead of kicking a short field goal is even more pathetic...we got the dumbest coach in the nfl who doesnt know how to manage a game....kind of like jerry narron........we have a receiver who pouts the whole game because he is not getting the ball enough and then with the game on the line and a pass right in his hands and he drops it...and its not the only big drop he has had...there have been so many i have stopped counting...the same goes to some guy named marvin....he is so bad he doesnt deserve to be called coach anymore...he certainly shouldnt be a head coach in the nfl with the decisions that he has made....hey lets waste another time out on a play that took 2 seconds to review...all i can say is this team is the dumbest in the nfl from top to bottom...lets see how smart mikey boy can be...because anyone watching the bengals and marvin knows he cannot manage a game and our defense is terrible..and all of you who voted that you are optimistic about how good the defense has played lately i hoped you watched tonight because they just got ran by the third string quarterback of the second worst team in this league.....so mikey are you smart enough to figure out that you need to get rid of marvin and flip the roster or are we going to be filled with false hope again next year...grow a pair mikey

don't hold your breath, that will never happen. as i have said before; if you want mikey boy to make a change hit that son of a bitch where it hurt most his wallet. stop buying, shirts, hats etc, stop buying tickets, stop giving any damn money to anything that has to do with this team. i am damn serious it is time for the people that live in cincy to step up and take a stand. force this cocksucker to change or take this sorry ass team and GET THE f**k OUT OF TOWN!

No need to blame the coach...or the OC, DC or even the D personnel, which couldn't have been expected to be much better than middle of the pack to begin with if all were healthly.

Blame the QB. He's got the ball more than anyone else and to only get 13 points against that D is pathetic.

Geez...can't even beat the Niners when they're 3-10. The Old Man is rolling over in his grave so much he's got to feel like he's on a rottisserie in Hell and Bill Walsh is there just basting away. :lmao:

No need to blame the coach...or the OC, DC or even the D personnel, which couldn't have been expected to be much better than middle of the pack to begin with if all were healthly.

Blame the QB. He's got the ball more than anyone else and to only get 13 points against that D is pathetic.

Geez...can't even beat the Niners when they're 3-10. The Old Man is rolling over in his grave so much he's got to feel like he's on a rottisserie in Hell and Bill Walsh is there just basting away. :lmao:

And yet tonight Palmer became the 5th fastest QB in NFL HISTORY to reach 100 TD's.

He's been bad lately by his standards, and will end up with a down (but acceptable, Kitna-like) season. It happens. He's not the problem, he's the guy you need to surround with better talent and coach better.

He's being Bengal-ized, and he's one of the best Qb's I've ever seen play football in my lifetime, which irks me greatly.

Thank you once again Mike Brown for your legendary brand of football over the years.

Nobody looked like they gave the kind of crap it would take to demonstrate they were Bengals fans because this game would've been taken personally if they were, given the history. But who would really expect that out of any of them?

All in all, the defense played just barely well enough not to be totally responsible for the loss, and the offense looked hapless under the direction of its leader once again. The O-line continues to give Carson Palmer plenty of time, but he continues to find new ways not to win with some untilmely help from his friends. At least he doesn't fumble any more, so there is hope for a new set of downs next year.

Not doubt old Buckethead would appreciate the recognition of how instrumental he was to the success of the offense.

I liked how he played and what he did, but I'd pull up considerable short of giving him quite that kind of make-or-break credit. They've missed Big Willie more because it don't look like Stacy the Giant isn't the same force as a run blocker. Palmer does look better aim wise this year. Last year he threw high way too much and really didn't do that this year until the Steelers game.

My main beef with Palmer is that he doesn't seem to really embrace playing to win. He looks more content to gunsling, and a lot of that probably has as much to do with his own audibles as it does with Brat's calls. He's got the ball the most, does the most with it, the offense is built around him, the payroll is offense heavy, so it's really up to him more than anyone else to win...or at least score more than 13 points vs. a 3-10 team.

5th fastest to 100 TDs is great. Or 4th fastest to 50 or next to last slowest to 200. Whatever.

Just figure out how to win a few more games already.

Actully if u can just find my some players who want to play football that would be better cause i didnt see anyone out there really giving a crap, how pathetic was that.

This is what you get when you have a group of players who have no faith in the ownership's ability or desire to win. They run a business, the Brown's are not competitive people, that died with Paul Brown.

I truly wish someone or some company could buy out the Brown family and take over. It's our only hope of ever having good NFL football for more than one out of every 20 years here. I feel pretty hopeless about things ever changing so long as there's the status quo going on.

The Niners have a solid D,But Carson is having a bad season.

Hopefully it improves next year with improved Oline,running and defense.

Palmer will go as the O-line goes. In my opinion, losing Braham was the main factor in this offense faltering. The second factor was drafting Bluto to replace him. Since Braham left after game 3 last year this team has NOT been the same. Since starting 3-0 last year the Bengals are 10-19.

Aye Braham is missed,Very underrated out side of bengaldom and he was key to our Oline.

At this point in time, I could really care less if they lose. Would being 8-8 make you feel any better than being 6-10 or even 5-11 for that matter ?? To tell you the truth, 8-8 pisses me off FAR more than 5-11 if that makes ANY sense at all...

That being said, this was just pathetic. The gameplan sucked, the coaching sucked, and the players sucked. Palmer looked like sh*t, Chad was pouting AGAIN, the defense couldn't keep the worst offense in the league off the field, and once again, I COULDN'T FIND ONE PERSON ON THE BENGALS SIDELINE THAT APPEARED TO GIVE A F*CK !!!

Different game, different place, SAME OUTCOME !!! The organization sucks, the coaches suck, and so does this pathetic excuse for a team !!!

Well, there's always next year !!!

WHODEY !!!

I COULDN'T FIND ONE PERSON ON THE BENGALS SIDELINE THAT APPEARED TO GIVE A F*CK !!!

I assume you included head coach Marvin Lewis in this description? Given the way the team was prepared to play, which by any means wasn't at all, how could you not?

Accept it fellas. This entire organization has packed it in for the year, and is looking to sweeten it's drafting position for 2008. Next weeks Cleveland game? Browns in a walk. Then in Miami? I assure you that's the week when the Dolphins come off the snide and get their one win that saves them from going "O-Fer" 2007.

So anyone have a countdown for the draft? Is the coaching staff good enough to at least lose the rest of the games for a better pick?

I bet Miami has our game circled on ther calenders. A great defensive battle with both teams fumbling and throwing pics, wasting time outs trying to lose,

I COULDN'T FIND ONE PERSON ON THE BENGALS SIDELINE THAT APPEARED TO GIVE A F*CK !!!

I assume you included head coach Marvin Lewis in this description? Given the way the team was prepared to play, which by any means wasn't at all, how could you not?

Accept it fellas. This entire organization has packed it in for the year, and is looking to sweeten it's drafting position for 2008. Next weeks Cleveland game? Browns in a walk. Then in Miami? I assure you that's the week when the Dolphins come off the snide and get their one win that saves them from going "O-Fer" 2007.

B) Was going to say that if everyone thought that this was a tough loss, wait til we bail out the Dolphins and keep them from going o fer. As usual .. you beat me to it.

Carson became the 1st Bengals QB to reach 4000 yards passing last year. 1st ever for a franchise that had Ken Anderson and Bill Walsh and Boomer Esiason, Sam Wyche and Bruce Coslet. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I think he is within around 300 yards of getting 4000 again.

Yet the year that we make the playoffs Rudi sets the team rushing record for the second time in two years. I think that is the difference. Teams do not fear the run, our defense causes very few three-and-outs and teams are dropping 7 and 8 into coverage. So unless you are Tom Brady (which Carson is not) throwingon every play is just not a formula for success.

I have not made up my mind about Bratkowski but I think they need to re-tool the line and the playcalling and get back to running the ball alot. Even if it is for short gains. It shortens the games and keeps our defense off of the field.

don't hold your breath, that will never happen. as i have said before; if you want mikey boy to make a change hit that son of a bitch where it hurt most his wallet. stop buying, shirts, hats etc, stop buying tickets, stop giving any damn money to anything that has to do with this team. i am damn serious it is time for the people that live in cincy to step up and take a stand. force this cocksucker to change or take this sorry ass team and GET THE f**k OUT OF TOWN!

Umm... I think we have been there done that in the past. To put it simply Marvin brought us out of the depths of hell, if not for some freaky last second bad beats in a few late season games last year we would have made the playoffs. The year before we beat the Steelers if Carson is not taken out on the second play of the game. Yes this season looks a lot like the 90's however I say we sit back and wait and let's see what Mike does next. If the team does nothing in the off season much like last year and we put a 'repeat' performance on next season then I say it's time to dig out the bags over the faces and the empty upper sections again

One of the things that has struck me about the Bengals so-called stretch drive is how the offense is finally receiving the criticism it has so richly deserved since last season, but until the Arizona meltdown seemed oddly immune to. Sadly, we all see it now, right?

While their are legit concerns voiced about the running game and the ability of the offensive line I believe strongly the core truth was finally revealed last night when Deion Sanders and Marshall Faulk repeatedly pointed out the now familiar offensive failures that are almost always masked by the statistical camouflage that has deflected blame from Palmer, Chad, TJ, and the Bengals offense as a whole.

Just think about some of the things you overheard last night.

An offense in search of an identity.

Wanting to be a running team, but built around personel best suited to passing.

Too predictable playcalling based upon the limitations of it's players.

An offense now defined by miscommunication....especially between Palmer and Chad Johnson.

Chad Johnson's unwillingness to block within the running game, and his prolonged failure to add yards after the catch due to his lack of killer instinct.

The stunning inability of Chad Johnson, thought by many to be the Bengals best player, to make big plays when given the opportunity.

But perhaps the most important and damning of all the criticisms leveled at this underperforming group was Palmer's unwillingness to look beyond the short checkdown throws he's audibled into after reading the defense, resulting in missed opportunities for big plays as other receivers run undefended.

To be fair, the Bengal defense wasn't spared and the comment that stands out most dealt with the Bengals defensive scheme willingly surrendering inside leverage on almost every play, almost certainly due to the inexperience of it's corners, a "playing scared" strategy that could be better understood if the corners were less talented.

Still, I thought it it was as refreshing as it was painful to finally hear bold analysis that pointed accusing fingers at the Bengals misfiring offense and it's underperforming superstars.

HoF:

The laughing of Sanders and Faulk at the ineptitude of the Bengals schemes was very telling. I daresay that Marvin and staff

do not have the respect of their peers. They implied that they don't know how they are keeping their jobs.

This team has tons of excuses and some are legit. However when you have your @ss handed to you by a third string QB

and can't move the ball on the teams they've faced you have to wonder.

I maintain that the skill level of the offense has been over-rated by many people. Sure they had a lucky season a while back and

strung together some wins. Sure they move the ball a bit. But when it comes down to imposing their will and taking over

a game, they can't do it. This is even true against poor competition.

The sad part is that I still think with different coaching and schemes is that this same group of players could perform better.

The best talent on this team is starting to get old, it may be time to move on tehm. I don't see Anderson as being one to build on.

His bum foot/ankle are self-admittedly never going to be right. Their offensive game plan won't work unless the other side

is worried about the run. Without better line play this won't happen.

The defense has many holes. The lack of a rush is their biggest problem to address. They pay Geathers and Smith big money, for what?

Faulk and Sanders could barely contain themselves from outright laughing when talking about the Bengals rush and sack production. Whatever they need to do in that regard, needs to be done.

The laughing of Sanders and Faulk at the ineptitude of the Bengals schemes was very telling. I daresay that Marvin and staff do not have the respect of their peers. They implied that they don't know how they are keeping their jobs.

That same wonder is making it's way around the league!

Sure they had a lucky season a while back and

strung together some wins. Sure they move the ball a bit. But when it comes down to imposing their will and taking over

But that's been exactly my point for months now, and why I thought it was so telling how Sanders and Faulk finally did what so few commentators are willing to do. That being, point out how it's the Bengals themselves who are preventing this team from imposing it's will on the other team. From Palmer checking down needlessly, to Chad being content with catching the ball and then looking for a soft place to fall down, to a defensive scheme that routinely surrenders inside leverage to average receivers...negating the skills of highly rated CB's.

Add it all up and you've got a passive football team on both sides of the ball, and that's especially unforgivable when you consider the talent and monetary assets that have been devoted to the offensive side of the ball.

All things considered it's perfectly understandable why this teams defense lacks an identity. It's lost too many players to expect anything but the basics, and even then from too many marginal players pressed into service. But IMHO the teams greatest failure rests with an offense that too often attempts to hide how predictable and conservative it really is with a few deep balls.

Sure they had a lucky season a while back and

But that's been exactly my point for months now, and why I thought it was so telling how Sanders and Faulk finally did what so few commentators are willing to do. That being, point out how it's the Bengals themselves who are preventing this team from imposing it's will on the other team. From Palmer checking down needlessly, to Chad being content with catching the ball and then looking for a soft place to fall down, to a defensive scheme that routinely surrenders inside leverage to average receivers...negating the skills of highly rated CB's.

Add it all up and you've got a passive football team on both sides of the ball, and that's especially unforgivable when you consider the talent and monetary assets that have been devoted to the offensive side of the ball.

All things considered it's perfectly understandable why this teams defense lacks an identity. It's lost too many players to expect anything but the basics, and even then from too many marginal players pressed into service. But IMHO the teams greatest failure rests with an offense that too often attempts to hide how predictable and conservative it really is with a few deep balls.

rw, I gotta disagree about '05 being a lucky season. Things were building in '03 and '04 and seemed to jell in 2005. I don't think you can luck into 11 wins.

And Hair I gotta agree with you on every point. It's time to go visit the Wizard and ask for some heart.

I also have to agree with the damning statements about this team by the announcers in that game. The thing that still just baffles me is, this team sucks BADLY and with all of the issues on offense they appear to be having (not to mention being 5-9) they are the #7 offense in the league... I just don't get it. NO HEART, DON'T CARE, PATHETIC !!!

On a side note, if I had to hear Gumbel say, "Welcome to Thursday Night Football" one more time, I was going to puke. I mean I know there is a time difference between Afghanistan and California, but not that much d*ckhead !!! Oh yeah, hey Deion Sanders, quit saying the 49er's are playing for their 1st round draft pick when they don't have one d*ckface !!!

God I hated those announcers !!!

WHODEY !!!