Dumbest team I have ever seen

bengalsfan17

this loss to one of the worst teams in the nfl is pathetic....and the fact that they gave us a chance to come back when they went for it on fourth down instead of kicking a short field goal is even more pathetic...we got the dumbest coach in the nfl who doesnt know how to manage a game....kind of like jerry narron........we have a receiver who pouts the whole game because he is not getting the ball enough and then with the game on the line and a pass right in his hands and he drops it...and its not the only big drop he has had...there have been so many i have stopped counting...the same goes to some guy named marvin....he is so bad he doesnt deserve to be called coach anymore...he certainly shouldnt be a head coach in the nfl with the decisions that he has made....hey lets waste another time out on a play that took 2 seconds to review...all i can say is this team is the dumbest in the nfl from top to bottom...lets see how smart mikey boy can be...because anyone watching the bengals and marvin knows he cannot manage a game and our defense is terrible..and all of you who voted that you are optimistic about how good the defense has played lately i hoped you watched tonight because they just got ran by the third string quarterback of the second worst team in this league.....so mikey are you smart enough to figure out that you need to get rid of marvin and flip the roster or are we going to be filled with false hope again next year...grow a pair mikey

don't hold your breath, that will never happen. as i have said before; if you want mikey boy to make a change hit that son of a bitch where it hurt most his wallet. stop buying, shirts, hats etc, stop buying tickets, stop giving any damn money to anything that has to do with this team. i am damn serious it is time for the people that live in cincy to step up and take a stand. force this cocksucker to change or take this sorry ass team and GET THE f**k OUT OF TOWN!

Umm... I think we have been there done that in the past. To put it simply Marvin brought us out of the depths of hell, if not for some freaky last second bad beats in a few late season games last year we would have made the playoffs. The year before we beat the Steelers if Carson is not taken out on the second play of the game. Yes this season looks a lot like the 90's however I say we sit back and wait and let's see what Mike does next. If the team does nothing in the off season much like last year and we put a 'repeat' performance on next season then I say it's time to dig out the bags over the faces and the empty upper sections again

Woulda,coulda,shoulda.......Sit back and wait to see what Mikey does, are you serious!!???? We have been doing that for the last 17 yrs!!!! This quote right here is what is wrong with this city. I have lived in Cincinnati for my entire life and have supported and will contiue to support our sports teams. But I am not afraid to say that Cincinnati is the worst professional sports city in America since 1990.

Can someone name me all of the top players this team is missing on defense since last year, that's caused them to, once again, "scale back" their scheme?

I see Ahmad Brooks and Caleb Miller out for the year.

And as far as I remember, Caleb wasn't a starter and Ahmad doesn't have much experience playing on Sundays at all.

Also - why would you "depend" on Odell coming back, an alcoholic who had been out of football for a year?

Thanks,

Curious

Also - why would you "depend" on Odell coming back, an alcoholic who had been out of football for a year?

Thanks,

Curious

Dear Curious.

The reason we "depend" on Odell coming back is because no one, not a single player at linebacker on this team, comes close to Odell's rookie production. Compared to the roster of linebackers we have now, Odell is far better.

Can you argue this point? If Odell is a construction worker, then he's working 20 times harder than anyone on the Bengals defense. Wouldn't you agree? The Bengals defense builds sinking ships. At least Odell is building homes. :)

You might not like it. But if this team holds together their current roster of linebackers, then Odell coming back, there's no doubt in my mind that he starts at the earliest point.

this loss to one of the worst teams in the nfl is pathetic....and the fact that they gave us a chance to come back when they went for it on fourth down instead of kicking a short field goal is even more pathetic...we got the dumbest coach in the nfl who doesnt know how to manage a game....kind of like jerry narron........we have a receiver who pouts the whole game because he is not getting the ball enough and then with the game on the line and a pass right in his hands and he drops it...and its not the only big drop he has had...there have been so many i have stopped counting...the same goes to some guy named marvin....he is so bad he doesnt deserve to be called coach anymore...he certainly shouldnt be a head coach in the nfl with the decisions that he has made....hey lets waste another time out on a play that took 2 seconds to review...all i can say is this team is the dumbest in the nfl from top to bottom...lets see how smart mikey boy can be...because anyone watching the bengals and marvin knows he cannot manage a game and our defense is terrible..and all of you who voted that you are optimistic about how good the defense has played lately i hoped you watched tonight because they just got ran by the third string quarterback of the second worst team in this league.....so mikey are you smart enough to figure out that you need to get rid of marvin and flip the roster or are we going to be filled with false hope again next year...grow a pair mikey

don't hold your breath, that will never happen. as i have said before; if you want mikey boy to make a change hit that son of a bitch where it hurt most his wallet. stop buying, shirts, hats etc, stop buying tickets, stop giving any damn money to anything that has to do with this team. i am damn serious it is time for the people that live in cincy to step up and take a stand. force this cocksucker to change or take this sorry ass team and GET THE f**k OUT OF TOWN!

You both are the reason that America should legalize pot. Just saying. :sure:

Palmer will go as the O-line goes. In my opinion, losing Braham was the main factor in this offense faltering. The second factor was drafting Bluto to replace him. Since Braham left after game 3 last year this team has NOT been the same. Since starting 3-0 last year the Bengals are 10-19.

Well, the Bengals pass protection hasn't been that bad.

Palmer has been sacked 17 times. Only Derek Anderson, Drew Brees, Tarvaris Jackson, Brett Favre and Tom Brady have been sacked less -- and played each game.

Football Outsiders ranks the Bengals pass protection as second best in the NFL with a 3.6% adjusted sack rate.

ASR - "Teams are ranked according to adjusted sack rate, which gives sacks per pass attempt adjusted for opponent, down, and distance."

Football Outsiders ranks the Bengals pass protection as second best in the NFL with a 3.6% adjusted sack rate.

I've said the same thing several times during the season, and furthermore...I don't think Palmer has been knocked around very much. His pocket awareness is much improved as is his ability to avoid the rush by stepping up or sliding around. he gets hit from time to time, but that true of all QB's. Overall he's been very well protected.

The problem that I see is related to the difference in pass protection and run blocking. Pass blocking is based upon retreating, and a blocker can be successful all game long simply by absorbing punishment or walling off an attacking defender. By comparison, run blocking is based upon firing out and overwhelming a defender, physically moving him out of an area you need to control.

Despite having some massive blockers who should be able to compete as road graders the Bengals simply can't seem to control the LOS well enough to run the ball consistently. They no longer have an elite run blocker to follow, lack a dominate side to attack behind, or even a signature running play to go back to again and again and again. As a result this team throws more than it runs...always retreating instead of projecting power....and becoming more passive in the bargain.

Where they go from here is anyones guess. The health of both starting tackles is a major concern, and has derailed many of the Bengals plans this season. So what happens next season? Willie may always be a little bit dinged, but after a full offseason to rehab can Levi Jones return to form? And is Ghiaciuc the answer long-term? He's played remarkably well against players like Stroud, Wilfork, and Williams, but Casey Hampton flat out abuses him in two of the most important games this team plays every year. But first and foremost what should the team do about Stacey Andrews? In some ways he's been a godsend, right? But how much money can you throw at a massive blocker who can't seem to play at a high level in the run game?

Sorry, just rambling a bit.

It's time to end the post and I've got no answers.

It's time to end the post and I've got no answers.

What I fear is that the bungles don't either. <_<

Until organizational changes are made (mainly a real GM, a level playing field with scouts and a full medical staff), Im afraid you are correct...