New contract for Bresh?

jjakq27

At the end of Mark Curnutte's analysis for tonight's game he slid a cryptic little message in there. He said that based on the play of the defense over the last five games that a new contract for Bresh was probably on the horizon.

"COACHING Credit goes to Marvin Lewis for preventing too many cracks of a disappointing season from showing - unlike his 49ers counterpart, Mike Nolan. Bengals defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan might be earning a new contract with a strong stretch drive."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/712150414/

I have one counterpoint to that analysis and that is the 17 unanswered points that the defense gave up against Pittsburgh before the end of the first half. We needed that game. Had to have that game and on the drive to end the half we played 10 yards off the line of scrimmage when the distance was less than 10. On a short field no less. Plus I believe they are near the top of the league in scores allowed before the half. And they are still ranked 28th in points allowed even though they have had success in the last 5 games.

Once again, if they want to give credit to this defense for playing the way they have against the opponents we have, something is seriously wrong. If they were playing well against teams that have offenses in the top 15 of the league great, but most were NOT.

If the organization is this stupid, it's going to come to a turning point for me as a fan. Will I stop being a fan ?? NO, but how you go about doing things as a fan can stop and spending money on a team that appearently has no intentions of getting better is a good place to start...

F*CK YOU BRESNAHAN !!! YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO CINCINNATI !!!

WHODEY !!!

Yeah I saw that too and was a little concerned, :angry: I just put it down to Mark being a journo and thus clueless.

Let's pray that this is some clever ploy to bargain down the next DC's salary and negotiations are in full swing, hence the "leak" either that or Curnette is throwing this in as a CYA .

But to be honest the FO is kind of like the twighlight zone, anything can happen. Nobody would be happy but how surprised would you really be?

I hope this ends the discussion about this guy. I know the offense had issues tonight but when the defense needed a stop tonight they were unable to do so.

Hopefully this season finally teaches the Brown family a lesson and they shift their focus toward building a top 10 defense. Offense sells tickets but defense wins championships. Look at the Bears last year. Grossman was terrible yet they made the Super Bowl. It's time for a philosophical shift.

if they give that f**king retard a new contract, i am not going to support this sorry ass team anymore. i know there will be some that call me a fairweather ,but i have been with this team since 88. i for one am very tired of supporting a team that has no intentions of doing anything to improve this franchise. i will not be jumping ship for another team; i will just be done with the nfl as a whole!

BTW gotta love that accurate pre-game analysis by Curnutte, someone's been drinkin' that 8-8 Kool Aid:

SAN FRANCISCO - Facing a third-string quarterback for the second week in a row and playing against a 49ers team that is coming apart emotionally, the Bengals should be able to have another strong defensive game.

The Bengals' offense - especially quarterback Carson Palmer - should be able to do well, though defense is by far the strongest side of the ball for San Francisco.

All of this should add up to a comfortable Bengals victory and their first consecutive wins in more than a year.

Inconsistent, undisciplined, poorly coached teams don't win games on the road much, if ever.

And this is just pathetic:

Credit goes to Marvin Lewis for preventing too many cracks of a disappointing season from showing - unlike his 49ers counterpart, Mike Nolan. Bengals defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan might be earning a new contract with a strong stretch drive.

20 points and (more importantly) clock control to the league's worst offense?

Bengals' offense sucking hard and has two selfish, angry WR's and a bad 0-line, and a Pro Bowl QB who looks completely lost for no good reason.

Stay the course. We're only one or two players away. The oxcart is almost out of the ditch.

You're a moron.

Uh, he was kidding...sarcasm...well known Mike Brown cliches...get with the program

Thanks for the backup...but in this case I will freely say I am a moron...and I will further say that even a MORON could do a better job than Mike Brown...err...wait, that might be somehow redundant.

Seriously, we just lost to one of the worst teams in football. Don't talk to me about injuries...we are missing our RT and we can't score worth crap??? Our D fell apart because Jeanty was out? This is a joke, right?

We suck. Blow it up.

BTW gotta love that accurate pre-game analysis by Curnutte, someone's been drinkin' that 8-8 Kool Aid:

SAN FRANCISCO - Facing a third-string quarterback for the second week in a row and playing against a 49ers team that is coming apart emotionally, the Bengals should be able to have another strong defensive game.

The Bengals' offense - especially quarterback Carson Palmer - should be able to do well, though defense is by far the strongest side of the ball for San Francisco.

All of this should add up to a comfortable Bengals victory and their first consecutive wins in more than a year.

Inconsistent, undisciplined, poorly coached teams don't win games on the road much, if ever.

curnutte is just a f**king yes man moron and has no clue what a football game is all about.

Bengals offense didn't get the ball until 8:07 left in the 3rd quarter, after half time. You wonder why they don't score...they hardly ever get the ball!

What did they do before that, that gives you the impression they could score?

We have no run game, no o-line and an aging WR corps. We R dead.