Nate Lawrie

Tab Perry

Jonathan Fanene

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Rashad Jeanty

Herana-Daze Jones

Glenn Holt

Adam Kieft

It's a long list of FA's. Who do the Bengals keep and who do they let walk? I think the first three on the list will be gone, but after that I'm not really sure.

Justin Smith

Bryan Robinson

Caleb Miller

Landon Johnson

Stacy Andrews

Kyle Larson

Madieu Williams

Antonio Chatman

Lemarr Marshall

Alex Stepanovich

Nate Lawrie

Tab Perry

Jonathan Fanene

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Rashad Jeanty

Herana-Daze Jones

Glenn Holt

Adam Kieft

It's a long list of FA's. Who do the Bengals keep and who do they let walk? I think the first three on the list will be gone, but after that I'm not really sure.

I bolded who we should keep.

Justin Smith - Let him walk.

Bryan Robinson - Let him walk.

Caleb Miller - Let him walk.

Landon Johnson - Try to re-sign. Durability a huge asset.

Madieu Williams - Let him walk.

Lemarr Marshall - Let him walk. Injury may/should end his career.

Jonathan Fanene - Try to re-sign....for peanuts.

Rashad Jeanty - Try to re-sign. May factor into DE picture.

Herana-Daze Jones - Try to re-sign.

Stacy Andrews - Try to re-sign. Freeing up draft may dictate re-signing becomes a priority.

Alex Stepanovich - Attempt to re-sign if salary demands reasonable.

Glenn Holt - Try to re-sign. Increasing value as WR/KR.

Antonio Chatman - Let him walk.

Nate Lawrie - Let him walk.

Tab Perry - Always hurt. It's time to move on. Let him walk.

Adam Kieft - Always hurt. It's time to move on. Let him walk.

Kyle Larson - Try to re-sign, but only if salary demands reasonable.

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Try to re-sign.

MW, Jeanty and LJ should be kept but as backups. Maybe Fanene bc he should be cheap and could be good if he could stay healthy. Others might be Ok as warm bodies to fill the roster but only if they sign for minimum. The rest can walk/run out of town and not look back lest they be turned into a pillar of salt. Then we could take the money and sign atleast one top fa for the Defense.

Justin Smith

Bryan Robinson

Caleb Miller

Landon Johnson

Stacy Andrews

Kyle Larson

Madieu Williams

Antonio Chatman

Lemarr Marshall

Alex Stepanovich

Nate Lawrie

Tab Perry

Jonathan Fanene

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Rashad Jeanty

Herana-Daze Jones

Glenn Holt

Adam Kieft

KEEP

Landon Johnson close to must sign

Stacy Andrews close to must sign

Kyle Larson must sign

Rashad Jeanty depends upon how his broken leg healed up

Fanene he'll get his chances this season to show what he's got...Maybe

Glenn Holt sign him

Forget the rest.

Justin Smith - No

Bryan Robinson - No

Caleb Miller - No

Landon Johnson - Try to re-sign.

Madieu Williams - No

Lemarr Marshall - No

Jonathan Fanene - Try to re-sign

Rashad Jeanty - Try to re-sign.

Herana-Daze Jones - ??

Stacy Andrews - Try to re-sign.

Alex Stepanovich - ??

Glenn Holt - Try to re-sign.

Antonio Chatman - No

Nate Lawrie - ??

Tab Perry - NO

Adam Kieft - No

Kyle Larson - Try to re-sign

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Try to re-sign.

Need to Sign:

Stacy Andrews - Willie's done

Kyle Larson - good punter

Landon Johnson - should be the 1st LB off the bench

Glen Holt - Getting better

Indiana Jones - Good ST player

Probably Should Sign if the $'s Right:

Alex Stepanovich

Rashad Jeanty

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Let Walk (Who Cares):

Bryan Robinson

Lemarr Marshall

Nate Lawrie

Tab Perry - Can't stay healthy

Jonathan Fanene

Don't Show Your Ugly Face Around Here Again:

Justin Smith - Not nearly worth the $ and only makes tackles 8 - 12 yards down field

Madieu Williams - Gets worse every year

Caleb Miller - Worse football player to ever get an SI cover

Antonio Chatman - He's had one good NFL game his whole career and that was AGAINST the Bengals

Adam Kieft - Great draft pick: ZERO NFL snaps in 3 seasons

If They're On the Team Next Year I Will Quit Watching:

Dealtha O'Neal

Dexter Jackson

Frostee Rucker

Chuck Bresnahan

Mike Brown

LeMarr Marshall played quite well before he was injured. Go review your tape, fellas :-) I think he should get a shot in camp to see if he is back.

The only other defenders I am really interested in retaining are Landon, Fanene, Jeanty, and Herana-Daze Jones.

Landon is our best tackler (for what that's worth) and he's a team-first guy who plays with pain. We need more Landons.

Fanene has been injured, yeah, but he'll be cheap and we need to fill Justin Smith's empty spot. He's had some big plays in relatively little playing time, and it'd be interesting to see how e could do with full time work. He's also versatile, able to play DT and DE.

Jeanty I include here only if he signs a minimum contract. Otherwise, he can go too.

Herana-Daze stays for his special teams work.

LeMarr Marshall played quite well before he was injured. Go review your tape, fellas :-) I think he should get a shot in camp to see if he is back.

Reviewing the tape would only confirm what I already know. Marshall played very well in every game but the disaster in Cleveland, and would be welcomed back with open arms if his injury wasn't so severe. That simply can't be changed, and as a result he's a poor choice to either build around or rely on for depth.

As for inviting him back for camp, sure...it's the decent thing to do. But under the current conditions you have to do everything possible to replace him.

Reviewing the tape would only confirm what I already know. Marshall played very well in every game but the disaster in Cleveland, and would be welcomed back with open arms if his injury wasn't so severe. That simply can't be changed, and as a result he's a poor choice to either build around or rely on for depth.

As for inviting him back for camp, sure...it's the decent thing to do. But under the current conditions you have to do everything possible to replace him.

You don't think he can rehab a popped Achilles? Certainly you don't plan around him, but guys have come back from that. Heck, look at Vinnie Testaverde - 10 years later, he's still going strong. ;)

Justin Smith

Bryan Robinson

Caleb Miller

Landon Johnson

Stacy Andrews

Kyle Larson

Madieu Williams

Antonio Chatman

Lemarr Marshall

Alex Stepanovich

Nate Lawrie

Tab Perry

Jonathan Fanene

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Rashad Jeanty

Herana-Daze Jones

Glenn Holt

Adam Kieft

Bolds are the ones I would really like to see come back. There are others I wouldn't mind having back. Jeanty is nice to have around, but only for depth. The guy shouldn't be a starter. The rest of these guys are either not worth the money they will demand (Smith) or very replaceable.

So when people say they want to see Andrews come back...in what capacity? Starter? Backup? An example of how to get used on every running play?

Maybe it's just me, but he's looked terrible as a starter. Not quite Kooistra bad (which is a whole other league of bad), but I don't want to see him starting next year when they send Willie off to the glue factory.

Here's my take....

Justin Smith - Keep long term deal at 4-5 per year, if possible if not see ya!!! Smith doesn't deserve 8 mil per, he's not that good.

Bryan Robinson - gone

Caleb Miller - gone

Landon Johnson - resign, backup/special teams

Stacy Andrews - resign, backup/special teams

Kyle Larson - resign

Madieu Williams - gone

Antonio Chatman - gone

Lemarr Marshall - resign/see if he's healthy

Alex Stepanovich - resign

Nate Lawrie -gone

Tab Perry - gone

Jonathan Fanene - gone

Ryan Fitzpatrick - resign/backup

Rashad Jeanty - resign/backup/special teams

Herana-Daze Jones - resign- Would like to see what he can do outside of teams.

Glenn Holt - resign/he has been one of the bright spots with his effort & special teams play.

Adam Kieft - the gravy train is over, has he ever suited up for a game??

Also I would part ways with vets like John Thornton, Dexter Jackson, and maybe Deltha O'Neal. This team is going to be totally different in '08.

Lastly tell me if I'm crazy but what do you think about trading Ocho Cinco and a draft pick for Jonathan Vilma and Dewayne Roberston from the Jets. We need defense, Vilma and Roberston need to play in a 4-3, and Ocho needs the spotlight and the Jets need wrs, I'd say it's a win-win. If Vilma can get healthy, this would be a great deal for us.

You don't think he can rehab a popped Achilles? Certainly you don't plan around him, but guys have come back from that. Heck, look at Vinnie Testaverde - 10 years later, he's still going strong. ;)

The popped achilles ended Lavar Arrington's career...

If Fananae plays well to end the season he might price himself out of Cincinnati the same way Shaun Smith did to Cleveland.

You have to bring back Kyle Larson, Andrews, Landon (Though I hate how when he hits someone hard *He* always gets hurt), and Madieu (for the right price)

Justin Smith is going to get paid too much by someone unless the Bengals franchise him again. Fananae I would make an offer to but he has yet to play a full season so I wouldn't offer much. He still has a lot to prove. Holt I would make a minimum offer to. Honestly the rest can either go or be offerred contracts that are just invites back to training camp next year. Tab is probably done because of injuries and the only other guy on that list that is playing time worthy is Stepanovich and I don't see the Bengals paying a back up center a veteran's wage. I look for Santucci to be elevated from the practice squad next year as the back-up center that can also play both guard positions, and then the Bengals also draft a versatile lineman in the late rounds.

I was looking at the roster and it has Skylar Green on the practice squad...after he was released did he get resigned to the practice squad? Also the Big Toe is on the practice squad...hopefully he has improved his game this year and can make an impact on the big squad next year and be like having an extra draft pick.

Lastly tell me if I'm crazy but what do you think about trading Ocho Cinco and a draft pick for Jonathan Vilma and Dewayne Roberston from the Jets. We need defense, Vilma and Roberston need to play in a 4-3, and Ocho needs the spotlight and the Jets need wrs, I'd say it's a win-win. If Vilma can get healthy, this would be a great deal for us.

A great deal if we could get it. I'd gladly take Shaun Ellis off their hands as well, he'd probably be better in a 4-3 versus the 3-4 Mangeni is shoving down everyone's throats in New York. Unfortunately, I recall recently reading a quote from Marvin in which he said Chad was the Brown family's favorite player, and that he would therefore be going nowhere.

A great deal if we could get it. I'd gladly take Shaun Ellis off their hands as well, he'd probably be better in a 4-3 versus the 3-4 Mangeni is shoving down everyone's throats in New York. Unfortunately, I recall recently reading a quote from Marvin in which he said Chad was the Brown family's favorite player, and that he would therefore be going nowhere.

Didn't Vilma get hurt and is out for the season? I believe it was against the Bengals. Vilma has really fallen out of favor with the Jets this year and gone from a Pro-bowl fringe player to being nothing more than a role guy. I don't know what has happened to Robertson this year. He was a beast in the middle and had sack ability even from the DT spot.

Though I know the defense is awful this year, I am really hyped about getting some players back next year and seeing what they can do to help the team. Kilmer, Henderson, and a healthy Ahmed Brooks could make a HUGE difference. Throw into the mix the slim chance Odell is any kind of his former self, and that Pollack can contribute, and a lot of holes are already filled. Kilmer and Ndukwe battle it out for the strong safety, and Pollack, Odell, and Brooks create depth at the LB position with Landon, Jeanty, and whoever else is left. The Bengals will probably draft at least two Linebackers so there should be plenty of competition next year. I just don't see trading Chad unless it is in combination with a draft pick to pick up another first rounder, and even with that, you are giving up a proven Pro-Bowl player for an unproven rookie who could be another Big Daddy, Jason Buck, or David Klinger...ect....

Didn't Vilma get hurt and is out for the season? I believe it was against the Bengals. Vilma has really fallen out of favor with the Jets this year and gone from a Pro-bowl fringe player to being nothing more than a role guy.

Yep, he's IR'd for the year. But the articles about it had Vilma implying that his knee wasn't hurt badly at all, that he could have played later in the season. Mangini adopted the paranoid, secretive, dishonest persona of his mentor so nothing coming out of the Jets organization regarding player injuries, availability, etc., is reliable.

Justin Smith - Bengals should move on but won't surprise me if they don't.

Bryan Robinson - with Justin probably gone and Rucker showing nothing, might offer a 1-year vet min deal. But likely gone.

Caleb Miller - buh-bye.

Landon Johnson - Depends on the $. LJ is the K2 of the LB corps, only a borderline starter. Would like to see him stay.

Stacy Andrews - Based on what he's shown I have a hard time justifying the coin it will likely take to keep him. If they can keep him for Bobbie Williams money, yes, if they need Willie/Levi money, no.

Kyle Larson - yes, re-sign him.

Madieu Williams - has never been the same since getting hurt. Bye.

Antonio Chatman - buh-bye.

Lemarr Marshall - I'd like to see them at least bring him back to camp, see where he is.

Alex Stepanovich - who cares.

Nate Lawrie - RFA, Bengals usually tender all RFAs, will be back at least as far as camp.

Tab Perry - RFA, see above.

Jonathan Fanene - RFA, see above.

Ryan Fitzpatrick - RFA, see above.

Rashad Jeanty - ERFA, will be resigned for at least a year.

Herana-Daze Jones - ERFA, see above.

Glenn Holt - ERFA, see above

Adam Kieft - who cares.

Didn't Vilma get hurt and is out for the season? I believe it was against the Bengals. Vilma has really fallen out of favor with the Jets this year and gone from a Pro-bowl fringe player to being nothing more than a role guy. I don't know what has happened to Robertson this year. He was a beast in the middle and had sack ability even from the DT spot.

Though I know the defense is awful this year, I am really hyped about getting some players back next year and seeing what they can do to help the team. Kilmer, Henderson, and a healthy Ahmed Brooks could make a HUGE difference. Throw into the mix the slim chance Odell is any kind of his former self, and that Pollack can contribute, and a lot of holes are already filled. Kilmer and Ndukwe battle it out for the strong safety, and Pollack, Odell, and Brooks create depth at the LB position with Landon, Jeanty, and whoever else is left. The Bengals will probably draft at least two Linebackers so there should be plenty of competition next year. I just don't see trading Chad unless it is in combination with a draft pick to pick up another first rounder, and even with that, you are giving up a proven Pro-Bowl player for an unproven rookie who could be another Big Daddy, Jason Buck, or David Klinger...ect....

Vilma and Roberston's play has suffered since Magini took over because he playing them out of position. Vilma and Roberston are both 4-3 type of players, Vilma is at his best when he's running sideline to sideline making plays.

Robertson is a better suited to be 3-techinque DT playing with another DT that would allow him to penetrate the back field and make plays. Currenty neither one is being used properly, Magini was asking Vilma to consistently take on o-lineman and then try to make a play, one problem he's only 230 lbs so you see what happened, he got worn down and got hurt.

Magini is also asking Robertson to play NT ala Casey Hampton or Jamal Williams and that is not what Robertson does. He was drafted in the top 5 because of his quickness and his ability to penetrate the back field. Currently he's not able to do that and his play is suffering.

Both of these guys were Pro Bowl cailber players before Mangenius switched the defense, instead of coaching to his players strengths he's been trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. He drafted the 250 lbs lb from Michigan, David Harris, in the '07 draft and Harris is the future of that team. Many defensive holdovers from the Herm Edwards era have voiced their displeasure with how Magini his handling the defense and could be on their way out the door. I'm sure the Jets would be willing to part with both guys if they could get someone like a Chad Johnson in return.

I know Chad is the Brown's favorite player because he gives 100% and gets a sh!tload of free promotion for the franchise. However if Chad can't do an attitude 180% it may be impossible to win the SuperBowl with this guy because his selfishness doesn't bode well for team chemistry which is more important than individual talent.