"There's no reason this team...

rwjcgc

can't finish the season at 11-5." This quote was attributed to Carson during the telecast.

Is he that out of touch with reality? I seriously have to question his intelligence. I think

he is arrogant and suffers from Marino-itis. Sure he throws up some good numbers and it

would be interesting to see what he could do on a good team. But what has he really done

in this league to justify the hero worship that many give him?

I'd rather hear Palmer toss out some no comments as a way of speaking out on the poor play of his team-mates

and the inability of this team to do much of anything right instead of the Marvin-like BS.

I still think that many make too much of the success the team had in 2005. It was very flukey. When

you consistently rely on turnovers on your D it doesn't bode well.

The team has quit. They were out hustled and out muscled throughout this game and most of the others. Whatever

talent advantage they have (I'm probably victim of homerism and over estimate the team talent level)

doesn't mean anything without some effort.

I would hope that Marvin will speak some truth after this game, but I don't think it will ever happen.

can't finish the season at 11-5." This quote was attributed to Carson during the telecast.

Is he that out of touch with reality? I seriously have to question his intelligence. I think

he is arrogant and suffers from Marino-itis. Sure he throws up some good numbers and it

would be interesting to see what he could do on a good team. But what has he really done

in this league to justify the hero worship that many give him?

I'd rather hear Palmer toss out some no comments as a way of speaking out on the poor play of his team-mates

and the inability of this team to do much of anything right instead of the Marvin-like BS.

I still think that many make too much of the success the team had in 2005. It was very flukey. When

you consistently rely on turnovers on your D it doesn't bode well.

The team has quit. They were out hustled and out muscled throughout this game and most of the others. Whatever

talent advantage they have (I'm probably victim of homerism and over estimate the team talent level)

doesn't mean anything without some effort.

I would hope that Marvin will speak some truth after this game, but I don't think it will ever happen.

He's just sipping the Kool-aide Marvin has served him. I'm totally behind Carson Palmer. B)

Carson is purely speaking how a confident athelete speaks. I want him to say things like that. It means he hasn't quit. Carson knows that this offense is capable of scoring and moving the ball up and down the field.

What's going against the offense right now is poor poor conservative play calling. This team has one true strength. The passing game. We don't take enough chances to stretch the field. Brat is scared. He's just as scared as Marvin was when he didn't go for the 4th and 1 at the 2. If you don't show the opposition you are going to test them, they have the advantage everytime. Another thing that is going against the offense is the defense. The WORST defense in the NFL cannot get off the field against ANYONE. If the Bengals offense cannot get onto the field and the play calling is weak and conservative, you're not going to score points.

But as far a Palmer is concerned, yes this offense could carry this team to 11-5, or now maybe 10-6. The defense and Brat will get in the way. This team will be lucky to go 5-11.

Carson is purely speaking how a confident athelete speaks. I want him to say things like that. It means he hasn't quit. Carson knows that this offense is capable of scoring and moving the ball up and down the field.

What's going against the offense right now is poor poor conservative play calling. This team has one true strength. The passing game. We don't take enough chances to stretch the field. Brat is scared. He's just as scared as Marvin was when he didn't go for the 4th and 1 at the 2. If you don't show the opposition you are going to test them, they have the advantage everytime. Another thing that is going against the offense is the defense. The WORST defense in the NFL cannot get off the field against ANYONE. If the Bengals offense cannot get onto the field and the play calling is weak and conservative, you're not going to score points.

But as far a Palmer is concerned, yes this offense could carry this team to 11-5, or now maybe 10-6. The defense and Brat will get in the way. This team will be lucky to go 5-11.

Right. He better speak that way in public, otherwise put Rowe in. He's speaking to the media! I'm sure if he were having some pillow talk with the misses, he'd be saying "Honey, my team sucks like a lipless, toothless 90 year old BenGal".

Hey what is wrong with JJ? The way he's playing, well he can't be playing anymore. I'm assuming his foot injury is the reason. But it probably doesn't matter. Their lousy tackling shows me the players don't care anymore.

What do you want him to, give up?? The only one here who's intelligence needs questioning is you. I think it's somewhat moronic to want your quarterback to come out and publically criticize his teammates and doubt that his team can win week in and week out. Sorry to be blunt, but that's just p***y s**t to bash your quarterback because he believes in himself and his teammates no matter what happens. AND WHAT HAS HE DONE?!? You have got to be kidding me. He worked his ass off rehabbing his knee only to get hit more than any other quarterback in the league last year. He gives his heart and soul to the game every week. He played a terrific game today and his team lost by 12 points, he played a really good game last week and his team lost by 11 points, and after all of that he still hasn't given up. So you need to sit down and seriously question what you just wrote because no matter how naive Carson is, you are just plain ignorant.

I am surprised CP didn't get sacked today. But I'm not going to be the first to say this offense can carry them team, because it hasn't. You can't keep a defense like ours on the field for snap after snap and expect to win games. We can't get 1st downs. Our running game is questionable at best and the only reliable receiver we have is TJ. So, NO, I don't think this offense is capable of carrying this team......proof is in the puddin.

I am surprised CP didn't get sacked today. But I'm not going to be the first to say this offense can carry them team, because it hasn't. You can't keep a defense like ours on the field for snap after snap and expect to win games. We can't get 1st downs. Our running game is questionable at best and the only reliable receiver we have is TJ. So, NO, I don't think this offense is capable of carrying this team......proof is in the puddin.

I completely agree. But I think that one of the reasons that we can't complete first downs is because the play calling becomes way too predictable when we get behind or even when the game is close. Brat is horrible with his in game adjustment and mixing up the play calling. This offense can execute, it just has to be coached properly.

I completely agree. But I think that one of the reasons that we can't complete first downs is because the play calling becomes way too predictable when we get behind or even when the game is close. Brat is horrible with his in game adjustment and mixing up the play calling. This offense can execute, it just has to be coached properly.

I'm for the ENTIRE coaching staff to be fired. Hell...even give the towel boy a pink slip while you're at it.

What do you want him to, give up?? The only one here who's intelligence needs questioning is you. I think it's somewhat moronic to want your quarterback to come out and publically criticize his teammates and doubt that his team can win week in and week out. Sorry to be blunt, but that's just p***y s**t to bash your quarterback because he believes in himself and his teammates no matter what happens. AND WHAT HAS HE DONE?!? You have got to be kidding me. He worked his ass off rehabbing his knee only to get hit more than any other quarterback in the league last year. He gives his heart and soul to the game every week. He played a terrific game today and his team lost by 12 points, he played a really good game last week and his team lost by 11 points, and after all of that he still hasn't given up. So you need to sit down and seriously question what you just wrote because no matter how naive Carson is, you are just plain ignorant.

I'm with you pal. Carson is worth every nickel he is paid. I can't say that for a bunch of our guys, especially the defensive coordinator. Maybe we don't have the talent on defense, but the total lack of motivation and play is unacceptable. I do wish Marvin would send him packing.

the problem is the whole team, not one side:

offense can't get first downs when we need them.

defense can't do s**t right.

bres is a f**king retard.

special teams screw up all the time, best play they have ever had in the marvin era was holts td today.

scouts suck.

medical staff sucks.

mike brown and his daughter are clueless a**h***s.

brat don't know what a tight-end or running back is.

mike and company can't draft at all.

team is full of quitters.

not once has anyone ever heard sop say he wants a championship in his word he is just satisfied with being competitive. the season is sold out so his sorry ass is happy.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm not bashing his work ethic or talent. I am bashing his idiotic comments. Better to say nothing or

some meaningless phrase than to copy Marvin and try to blow smoke up everyone's behind. How can

a fan take his commentary seriously when he says dumb stuff like he did?

I understand he can't (and shouldn't) say negative things about the team. But he can hold back

on the total BS.

I don't blame him for the state of the team, but as a fan I don't want to hear outright lies from him.

the problem is the whole team, not one side:

offense can't get first downs when we need them.

defense can't do s**t right.

bres is a f**king retard.

special teams screw up all the time, best play they have ever had in the marvin era was holts td today.

scouts suck.

medical staff sucks.

mike brown and his daughter are clueless a**h***s.

brat don't know what a tight-end or running back is.

mike and company can't draft at all.

team is full of quitters.

not once has anyone ever heard sop say he wants a championship in his word he is just satisfied with being competitive. the season is sold out so his sorry ass is happy.

The reason Brown will never change is all the morons that believe that his is just another Owner. Mike Brown would rather you believe that he is some sort of loveable loser. The truth is, he know EXACTLY what he is doing. No, he is not trying to lose, but he knows damn well that his cheap ass ways gives him less of a chance of winning than the rest of the NFL. According to the blow hards on this site, if you question SOP you are just ranting.

He does not want an outside GM, because he wants his family to have total control of the purse strings. Why wouldn't he love Marvin, he has never thrown him under the buss. Mike Brown pretends to feel your pain. He then shuts his door, counts your money and giggles his ash off. Until we stop buying his crap product he will not change. The sheep just keep coming back.

Mike Brown would rather you believe that he is some sort of loveable loser.

I'm sure he's Kinda Lonesome Too.

Could be. But I nominate this for Mikey's theme song:

Better than mine, and more '60's-ish as well! :sure: