What Player Do You Expect to Surprise Us At Georgetown?

XPetey

Hey all, I've always read these forums, and the forum I post at normally has been kinda dead lately, so I thought I'd ask you all which Bengals player, maybe a draft pick, someone coming off injury, a new addition...hell anyone at all, do you expect to surprise us and surpass expectations n Georgetown. Last year Bennie Brazell and Rashad Jeanty really impressed (Brazell's untimely injury cut that short) everyone. Who will that be this year?

I personally believe Marvin White and Chinedum Ndukwe will continue to impress at S. I can see those two making John Busing and perhaps Herana-Daze Jones expendable. White hits like a brick wall, and Ndukwe seems to have GREAT special teams skills. Combined with Ethan Kilmer, we might have three GREAT special teams players at S.

On offense I think that player will be Brazell again. He's sort of an unknown still due to his injury, but the kid can flat out run. He's been burning out corners during OTAs, and they always say he's a football player with track speed, not a track star trying to play football. I think he wil find his niche running streaks and fades deep for the Bengals this season, replacing a component of Chris Henry's game. Bennie can straight up burn. It'll be tough for LBs and nickel backs to cover him.

Who do you think?

On O, I want one of the other WR's to step up and shine. CH is out, we need a solid third guy to show up.

On D, I'd like to see Hartwell physically perform at a very high level. That, and Hall to get into camp on time.

Dane Uperesa, OL, Hawaii - I expect him to make the roster as a CFA.............

What Player Do You Expect to Surprise Us At Georgetown?

When asked a similar question yesterday, Bob Bratkowski came up with a VERY surprising answer =>

Stacy Andrews ?!?

How bout Hope to surprise? :bengal:

Very well. With the stormclouds of confusion now briefly lifted from my forehead I can finally bring myself to offer the scrabble friendly name of Xzavie Jackson. And for the record, I'm not predicting instant stardom...just a better than average chance to earn a job on special teams, or failing that...a practice squad slot. Just accomplish that much and he could very easily find himself in the same position that Eric Henderson now finds himself.

Frostee Rucker. :sure:

*uncontrollable laughter*

That would be a helluva shock if he managed to, oh, I don't know, play a down of football

Ethan Kilmer and Bennie Brazell have already shown flashes of what they can do. No real suprises there for a true Bengals fan.

I'll go with three players to surprise pleasantly

1) DE Eric Henderson

2) S Marvin White

3) LB Earl Everett (pending word on his recovery from injury)

Frostee Rucker. :sure:

*uncontrollable laughter*

That would be a helluva shock if he managed to, oh, I don't know, play a down of football

Ethan Kilmer and Bennie Brazell have already shown flashes of what they can do. No real suprises there for a true Bengals fan.

Uhhhh, a true Bengals fan would be aware of the fact that Bennie Brazell, who rarely played in college, hasn't played a single down of professional football in games that actually count. And if you want to count the games that don't count then Rucker has still done far more than Brazell.

How bout Hope to surprise? :bengal:

Very well. With the stormclouds of confusion now briefly lifted from my forehead I can finally bring myself to offer the scrabble friendly name of Xzavie Jackson. And for the record, I'm not predicting instant stardom...just a better than average chance to earn a job on special teams, or failing that...a practice squad slot. Just accomplish that much and he could very easily find himself in the same position that Eric Henderson now finds himself.

I like Jackson as well. With the DEs we have (Smith, Geathers, Rucker, Robinson, Fanene), I'm not sure that he'll make the roster, but I fully expect him to make the practice squad. Before the draft he was on my list of prospects that I thought would fit well with the Bengals defensive philosophy. I had him pegged as a 6th or 7th rounder, so when we signed him as an UDFA I was very happy.

Uhhhh, a true Bengals fan would be aware of the fact that Bennie Brazell, who rarely played in college, hasn't played a single down of professional football in games that actually count. And if you want to count the games that don't count then Rucker has still done far more than Brazell.

Err...I knew that Brazell's "flashes" came in preseason games. For many NFL players, this is the ONLY opportunity to show what they can do in extended playtime. He was put on IR before the season started. All known, all accepted. I'm also aware of his undistinguished college career. I don't see the disagreement here.

On the matter of Frostee showing a much as Brazell has.....take it as assumed that I am talking about both preseason games and regular season games.....and tell me again what Frostee has done? Make sure that when you do, it is impactful, similar to the impact of a receiving touchdown, which Bennie certainly has on his record.

It's good to see your ill-temperedness is already in midseason form with training camp only just underway :-) Once could hope all Bengals are as well prepared for their roles as you are for yours (friendly neighborhood curmudgeon) in these forums

It's good to see your ill-temperedness is already in midseason form with training camp only just underway :-) Once could hope all Bengals are as well prepared for their roles as you are for yours (friendly neighborhood curmudgeon) in these forums

Ted Williams could hit baseballs before he rolled out of bed. Barry Sanders was breaking ankles while still in diapers. And I had the art of prickishness mastered before I was weaned from the teat.

That said, everytime the name Frostee Rucker is mentioned you can't seem to restrain yourself from acting like a dink....and if you can't figure out why he didn't play last season you might do a little research on the seriousness of his injury.