Brat Says Offense to Blame for Missing Playoffs Last Year

HoosierCat

I'm with Billy (as usual) and still hate this defense. I'm always hoping that "this year" will be the year they finally get it right, but I'm really sick of saying that year after year after year. Maybe this year huh ?? If you are "King" of defense bashing Billy, I wish to be executioner !!!

WHODEY !!!

The blame has to fall on the D, yeah the O has all the $ but the Colts did it with all their $ in the O...I'm with you AB I say that every year also about the D only to be let down every year...The thing with the O that gets me is penalties, we would have a good drive going and a penalty would kill it...

The blame has to fall on the D, yeah the O has all the $ but the Colts did it with all their $ in the O.

The Colts may have spent all their money on offense, but they spent virtually all their draft picks on defense. From 2002 through 2005, the Colts used 10 of their 12 day 1 picks on the defense, snagging players like Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders.

Meanwhile, the Bengals not only spent all their money on the offense but also half their day 1 draft picks -- 7 of 14 -- on the offense over the same period.

Bottom line: you get what you pay, and draft, for. And the Bengals paid and drafted for a crap D. Does it suck? Yes -- but why would you expect otherwise?

Of course this comes from the Offensive Coordinator who encourages his Tight Ends play with their arms strapped to their sides to take away any danger of them ever catching a ball.

The O may have had opportnuities to win close games but the D's failure to perform consistently to stop other teams is what made those games close in the first place. Mans a fool.

The blame has to fall on the D, yeah the O has all the $ but the Colts did it with all their $ in the O.

The Colts may have spent all their money on offense, but they spent virtually all their draft picks on defense. From 2002 through 2005, the Colts used 10 of their 12 day 1 picks on the defense, snagging players like Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders.

Meanwhile, the Bengals not only spent all their money on the offense but also half their day 1 draft picks -- 7 of 14 -- on the offense over the same period.

Bottom line: you get what you pay, and draft, for. And the Bengals paid and drafted for a crap D. Does it suck? Yes -- but why would you expect otherwise?

Very good info HC, plus our picks of OThurman and DPollack not being able to help because of injuries and suspension...