Artrell Hawkins

panther4life

Panther fan frustrated with the moves we have made in our secondary letting a few go and not replacing them. I have not heard much to get me excited about Hawkins so i figured I'd come to this board as its the best bengal one i can find. any info would be extremely helful thanks.

oh ya, im sorry were holding you up from getting troy, but our front office has yet to even schdule a visit with him, its making a lil frustarted.

You remember the game show Let's Make a Deal? Carolina just chose the door with the donkey behind it.

Artrell (affectionately known by Bengals fans as "Toast") is a decent nickle back, but not a starting corner. He hits hard and has a good bump-and-run move, but lacks speed and even when in good position rarely makes a play on the ball. He will break your heart, tho. He'll make one spectacular play, and then follow it up by getting burnt to cinders.

Bottom line: I was hoping he'd sign with Pitt so we could abuse him twice a year. Oh, well, guess we'll have to wait for the Super Bowl to abuse him... :)

As a nickel "Toast" is fine....In fact this past year he was a solid nickel for the team, but as soon as he had to start, uh-oh....He should do fine against the 3rd WR's of the NFC South though.....And you never know, he might actually improve after leaving Cincinnati...but probably not....

little story about our good friend Artrell. I went to the Arizona game last year and he proceeded to make the most spectacular defensive stop by batting the ball down on a diving stop in the corner of the endzone. He proceeded to pose in the endzone and celebrate by himself. The very next play a lob is thrown to the exact same spot and the receiver catches it over him for a TD. He didnt even turn his head back. That is my good to bad story of Artrell. Thanks Artrell for all the memories.

You remember the game show Let's Make a Deal? Carolina just chose the door with the donkey behind it.

Artrell (affectionately known by Bengals fans as "Toast") is a decent nickle back, but not a starting corner. He hits hard and has a good bump-and-run move, but lacks speed and even when in good position rarely makes a play on the ball. He will break your heart, tho. He'll make one spectacular play, and then follow it up by getting burnt to cinders.

Better Yet.... remember the movie... U.H.F. ( Weird Al Yankovic ) and the game show...." Wheel Of...Fish "....you guys just passed up the ' red snapper " and got the box with nothing in it.... :lol::D:lol:

Hawkins signed with the panthers...only thing that comes to mind is that kid from the simpsons - HA-HA! :lol:

His name would be "Bart Simpson", and that's a very good comparison of reaction!! :lol:

I think he's talking about the bully in Barts school, is his name Nelson?

Hawkins signed with the panthers...only thing that comes to mind is that kid from the simpsons - HA-HA! :lol:

His name would be "Bart Simpson", and that's a very good comparison of reaction!! :lol:

I think he's talking about the bully in Barts school, is his name Nelson?

Damn! You're right! Forgive me for lacking on my cartoons!! :lol: