Marvin gone after this year....???

The Brew Man

Ok guys, I know this is gonna freak everybody out a little. But it is just a rumor, you wont see any links or anything to back this up but a friend of mine is close with Kitna and I know Marvin and Kit are close.

According to him, Marvin is frustrated with Mikey boy Brown and says if they dont sign him to a long term deal before it gets late in the season, hes outta here after this year. Please, dont ask me to explain this in detail, but you all know me well enough to know this isnt spam at least. Just a rumor, and it should be treated that way. However, it scares the hell outta me that Mikey may be pressing Coach so hard that he would leave. So, lets start the chants now......SIGN MARVIN TO A LONG TERM DEAL!!!

I'm guessing its rumor. Marvin knows the cap situation and knows Brown isn't going to splurge out guaranteed money -- supposed now hot option for FA. Plus, there is no point to this. Marvin is property of the Cincinnati Bengals for five years. If Lewis quits, he can't find another job until those five years expire and will lose a ton of respect in the league. Marvin is too smart for any of that to happen. Because of Brown, Marvin is a very rich man.

I vote hoax.

Can't say I've heard of any friction. My impression is that Lewis is more or less performing GM duties.

But who knows? Perhaps Mr. Potatoe Head is feeling giddy over the 8 - 8 season, and he'll put his hand back in... :o

The Brown family still deals with finances, they have the final say so.

this is the Worse Bengals rumor i herd and NOT true -- he has a 5yr contract with us and i'm betting after those 5yrs that he will get another 5 with us

Inside Look at Marvin Lewis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He learned discipline on and off field

By Mark Curnutte

The Cincinnati Enquirer

MOBILE, Ala. - As a child growing up in McDonald, Pa., Marvin Roland Lewis Jr. never left the house without first making his bed and straightening up his room. Vanetta Lewis, mother of the Cincinnati Bengals new head coach, can't remember her son ever being unprepared for anything in his life.

"He always did his homework," Mrs. Lewis says from her Pennsylvania home. "He always did his chores without a reminder."

WHAT LEWIS LIKES

• HERO: Former Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Roberto Clemente.

• FAVORITE BOOK: "I've actually just finished reading three books. The books I read are more to do with direction, success. A lot of them are tie-ins with Biblical things."

• LAST MOVIE: Maid in Manhattan starring Jennifer Lopez.

• DINNER FAVORITE: "Mexican food. We have a neighbor whose family has an Italian restaurant, so it's one or the other."

Lewis always knew his responsibilities, as well as everyone else's in the household.

And that's the way he will run the Bengals. Signed Tuesday to a five-year contract believed to be worth $1.5 million a season - not including incentives - Lewis inherits a team that has not been to the playoffs since 1990 and is coming off a franchise record 14-loss season.

He will approach the job the same way he has every challenge in his 44 years. He'll work hard and intelligently. He already has a plan and apparently more control than Bengals' fans believe team president Mike Brown would ever yield.

Im all for a hoax, trust me, ive just heard Mikey boy is letting Marvin do what he wants but wants to know everything and more. Like closed door daily meetings. As far as the five year deal, it seems anything can be negotiated these days, in or out.....

I have no problem believing that Mikey is driving Marvin bats. Anyone who has ever worked for a boss who used to do the same job that you do now knows what a gawdawful pain in the a$$ that can be. 9 times out of 10 -- and Mikey the micromanaging control freak is definitely in those 9 -- you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever stop hearing variations on "that's not how I did things." You will have to defend everything you do that isn't exactly what he would have done, every single time -- and heaven forbid one of your calls is a bad one. Then you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever cease hearing about how it would have been OK if you'd followed his advice.

But...Marvin knew this when he signed on. And I don't believe he'd walk out on the players who have bought into his regime. The call we need to make isn't for a long-term deal, it's the same plea we've been making for years: HEY MIKEY! SHUT UP, SIGN THE CHECKS, AND THEN GO THE HELL AWAY AND LET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS FOOTBALL RUN THE BLOODY TEAM!!!!

But...Marvin knew this when he signed on. And I don't believe he'd walk out on the players who have bought into his regime. The call we need to make isn't for a long-term deal, it's the same plea we've been making for years: HEY MIKEY! SHUT UP, SIGN THE CHECKS, AND THEN GO THE HELL AWAY AND LET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS FOOTBALL RUN THE BLOODY TEAM!!!!

AMEN

Im all for a hoax, trust me, ive just heard Mikey boy is letting Marvin do what he wants but wants to know everything and more.  Like closed door daily meetings.  As far as the five year deal, it seems anything can be negotiated these days, in or out.....

I have no problem believing that Mikey is driving Marvin bats. Anyone who has ever worked for a boss who used to do the same job that you do now knows what a gawdawful pain in the a$$ that can be. 9 times out of 10 -- and Mikey the micromanaging control freak is definitely in those 9 -- you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever stop hearing variations on "that's not how I did things." You will have to defend everything you do that isn't exactly what he would have done, every single time -- and heaven forbid one of your calls is a bad one. Then you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever cease hearing about how it would have been OK if you'd followed his advice.

You're exactly right. But in everyone's defense, we have no idea how the Brown-Lewis relationship is. Maybe he is leaving him alone, who knows. With all of that said, this is still just an unconfirmed rumor.

NOT only am I guaranteeing that this is a hoax... but Marvin Lewis will sign an extension to his contract by year 3 of his original 5 year deal !

I'm with you mate....No way...Hell, Marvin has gone on record saying how much he appreciates Mikey :blink:

BEsides, a five year deal is a long term deal in the NFL nowadays....Marvin Lewis will be the coach of the Bengals for at least the next five years, and probably longer....

This sounds like a load of bull to me. Marvin has stated before how well he and Mike Brown work together, and that peoples perception of Mike is way off mark. (Borne out by the readiness of so many to throw up their hands in despair at the faintest hint of MB's involvement). Fear Not good Bengals' fans, Marvin is in it for the long-haul, just like the rest of us !! WHO DEY!

Hey, I was the first to say it was nothing more than a rumor, and thats all we can talk about. But since when is a rumor not fair game on a message board?? Im no spammer, you guys know that, but im all for good discussions, and thats what this has turned into. Joiseys post was great, i agree wholeheartedly.

peace

NOT only am I guaranteeing that this is a hoax... but  Marvin Lewis will sign an extension to his contract by year 3 of his original 5 year deal !

I'm with you mate....No way...Hell, Marvin has gone on record saying how much he appreciates Mikey :blink:

BEsides, a five year deal is a long term deal in the NFL nowadays....Marvin Lewis will be the coach of the Bengals for at least the next five years, and probably longer....

Glad I read all the posts on this before chiming in, because it would have been very similar to this. While addressing his team after a win, Lewis did get pretty choked up when mentioning MB. You usually don't do that while talking about people who are making your life miserable.

He's also mentioned in a couple of his interviews that he enjoys his daily talks with Mike. Could be .... I don't know. Doesn't sound like a bad realtionship to me though.

If Lewis continues the turnaround at the same level as last year and ends up getting the Bengals to to the playoffs or ____________ __________ * I'm not even going to say it* then I just don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. I think we've got our first really long term coach since ... I don't know when.